Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

5 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

How many more points might we have if he’d grown the knackers to do this 20 games ago? 

Hard one to tell without seeing what Iversen is capable of with a prolonged run in the team.

However, saying that, I think if we had put a cone in goal in half the matches Ward had played we’d be on more points now. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Worth a shot giving this lad a go. 

He might be a couple of points difference vs Ward in the final few games, those points could keep us up. 

Reckon if we had him all season we’d be about 3/4 points better off as well, just my opinion though. 

We’d be 12th.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, splinterdream said:

He didn’t get tested today, his kicking was poor, maybe put that down to nerves, hopefully that’ll improve. Get the impression he’s only a stop gap though

I don’t go for that…he had some misplaced kicks..sowhat…

How many GKs do a good kick & the outfield player fks it up.

Always Quite a stupid argument,just a ,..nice to have.

I will take him,when properly tested..

# competes for high balls around the penalty box

#decent on ..one on one.

# doesn’t flap

# can save more shots than not

# confident  from hand distribution
# confident in punching

# high general sharpness and mental aptitude..

# become a top shopstopper,can cancel other sins..

# get the 4 defending teammates,trusting you and It’s always your call..!

# kicking comes first from collecting more various ground experience,

on the bigger game scale > PL < but if he was crap at this, I wouldn’t even

Mark it up. Prefer for example..he commands his box,

and those few yards outside. He is a GK,and not a Gerson,for 40 yard passes..

That’s why Schmeichel mishits might of frustrated a little,but I never bothered..

Though I reckon all fans would say,if you can’t send one down the flanks,keep it central and basic…but still have the rare try, then tell the coach to get stuffed,and show them your hands..Telling them the outfield players cover that other shit.

That’s the clever GK.

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Top lad is Danny, gets to sit on his arse stress free earning 40k a week and driving a Lambo instead of knocking on Rodgers door and demanding he be sold to a Championship side who will pay a third of what hes currently on. Love a bit of loyalty

And do you know what, if we’re stupid enough to pay 12mil and 40k per week for that fair enough to him 

• Like 1

Goalkeeper's 'distribution' is massively overrated, apparently Ederson and Allisson are two of the best, yet make 2-3 mistakes a season which lead to goals. It was only a couple of weeks back when Allisson and Courtois both made a mess in the same match....The difference is though, they make saves. De Gea is another example, very average with his feet, much worse than Kasper, yet he's a very good shot stopper. 

Ward is one of the only keepers I've seen make himself look smaller than he is, everything goes through him and his concentration is abysmal. But it's not a surprise, I said this when we first decided to play him, the bloke has virtually zero professional experience. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Sounds like Ward is done. Probs won't ever start another match for Leicester

You only need to look at the stats. he should have been binned long ago. His shot stopping or lack thereof is horrendous. He even shipped 5 goals in a Cameo Wales appearance at the World Cup. One in every three shots the oppos have on target Ward has been picking the ball out of the back of the net. Top keepers in the league only pick one in 7 shots on target out of their net. That is a World of difference and over a season is worth 10 to 12 extra goals conceded, just because you have a shit goalkeeper.

• Like 4

Iversen is better than Ward, but so is my dad after five pints, it doesn't really say much.

If we stay up, the club will offer more than the £30M they offered for Lafont in the previous transfer window. Lafont is a decent GK, but not as good as the one we evidently could have kept. Kasper has the most 1v1 saves in the big 5 leagues this season, with one of the highest CS and save ratios. Escaping Brendan ball has helped him return to his prime form.

It's frustratingly bad management.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Iversen is better than Ward, but so is my dad after five pints, it doesn't really say much.

If we stay up, the club will offer more than the £30M they offered for Lafont in the previous transfer window. Lafont is a decent GK, but not as good as the one we evidently could have kept. Kasper has the most 1v1 saves in the big 5 leagues this season, with one of the highest CS and save ratios. Escaping Brendan ball has helped him return to his prime form.

It's frustratingly bad management.

Even if Kasper had played half as well for us this season as he's been playing for Nice, we wouldn't be any lower than 12th place. Rodgers' decision to rely on Ward for so many consecutive games, when everyone and their dog could see he was shite, will go down as one of the biggest managerial mistakes at this level of football.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Even if Kasper had played half as well for us this season as he's been playing for Nice, we wouldn't be any lower than 12th place. Rodgers' decision to rely on Ward for so many consecutive games, when everyone and their dog could see he was shite, will go down as one of the biggest managerial mistakes at this level of football.

One of the biggest on the staffing side for us in the last year or two and there have been a few sadly. 

All these indirect negative posts. Weird,weird,weird…

some just will not give Iversen a chance of making a top class career.

None..not one of you,no matter how your feelings through your bones are after/before Sunday roast have any right to demean Iversens potential

let the lad first breath,and give him space,why ignore his presence by lauding other

not yet credible investments,just solitary individuals,doing punditry walk about, exactly how most fans criticise those incompetent media pundits.

not one suggested GK would be a guaranteed improvement…Iversen might succeed or fail,but at present could be in his own GK-character another Schmeichel chip off the Danish block…Give it a chance to grow…posting around ignoring Iversen, is more a show at present moment,in football-terms quite arrogant and incompetent…

If Rodgers keeps true to his words and no ACL on the golf course Iversen has one one the moments dramatic relegation battles ever to prove himself..Like Shilton first years at a struggling Leicester,who played and had his first Canute,wonder man days..Last man standing heroics…

Iversen swings it,this spring…May could well be the blooming or blossoming of his career….