Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Reset Everything'

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Potter built Brighton to what they are now though. He needs time at Chelsea just like he'd need time here. People just don't want to give it him but Brighton did.

I think Potter would rebuild us but people wouldn't want to wait that long.

We don't have time tho, as much as I couldn't stand the guy being our manager, Roy Hodgson would be a better shout than either Potter or staying with Rogers. If some think the players are confused now bringing in a guy that changes formation 3 or 4 times a game won't help. We are dull now, we may aswell be dull and pick up points.

Edited by Beachyboy

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Blood on his hands and on those who defend him.

unfortunately that's still big chunks of the fanbase. lot of people on here wising up to him but places like r/lcfc are still a hot bed of the toxic positivity "he won us a cup, go support man city if you don't want to be bottom half occasionally" crap whenever getting rid of him gets mentioned 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

2 Days ago

Leicester City must “re-evaluate and reset” this summer to eradicate the “gulf” between them and sides like Arsenal next season, manager Brendan Rodgers has said.

To resume their challenge of the Premier League’s heavyweights, a full reassessment and revamp of the squad is required, Rodgers believes. But first, they need to secure their place in the division, with the manager eyeing five or six wins for survival.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-calls-leicester-city-8191032

The gulf is likely to be a division sadly unless there's a rapid massive improvement. 

Hold on, why do we need to reset everything? He was confident we had the squad we wanted less than a month ago. Aside from his coaching making all those players much worse in even that short time, what else could have changed so dramatically?

What a ****. 

What quote is this entire thread based on? I'm no fan of BR and think we've been in a slow death spiral for 18+ months, but do we need a new thread and to be whipping ourselves up into a frenzy when we don't even have a proper source/quote set in its correct context? 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

They seem to be playing to a fixed system, which isn't working and all flair and individuality has been destroyed. The players are so obsessed with following his mantra that you can almost see their brains contemplating what was it he wanted me to do as they constantly lose the ball in a tackle, miss place, over hit or under hit a pass or hit it straight into opposition player.

Then it seems like as the game is all but lost he makes his subs and tells them to go for it. The shackle come off and we then make a decent attempt to claw ourselves back in the game but more often than not failing.

Reset = look in the mirror Rodgers the answer is there.

Yea you see it quite a lot players looking to play forward then all of sudden they bottle it and start a backwards move the Rodgers effect 

4 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Just pay Bristol City whatever we have to and start rebuilding properly please.

I just want Nige to be happy again after a tough few years and it sounds like that’s happening. Never go back (a third time 🤣

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Just think Potter would be long term fit. Short term we perhaps need a motivator. Stay up at all costs this season 

I'd prefer Potters replacement at Brighton although the rumours are that Chelsea want him. 

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I just want Nige to be happy again after a tough few years and it sounds like that’s happening. Never go back (a third time 🤣

At least it’s not Darren Ferguson levels it’s his 4th time now! 

4 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Just think Potter would be long term fit. Short term we perhaps need a motivator. Stay up at all costs this season 

Didn’t Potters Brighton team struggle to score goals? Similar to his Chelsea side now as it happens.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

unfortunately that's still big chunks of the fanbase. lot of people on here wising up to him but places like r/lcfc are still a hot bed of the toxic positivity "he won us a cup, go support man city if you don't want to be bottom half occasionally" crap whenever getting rid of him gets mentioned 

People have different opinions, who knew.

I want him out but people who still want him in don't have "blood on their hands" for crying out load, they are fans not board members.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Any reset needs to begin from the top down, Whelan and Rudkin and Rodgers and then the players, the club needs a sea change but Top I think is just too loyal to see what needs to be done and act.

Never going to happen. Whelan is the financial brains of the Club, And has been with KP since the beginning.

She's also the one I believe who negotiates the big Sales like Maguire and Fofana.

Rudkin and Rogers possibly. But not our Susan.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

People have different opinions, who knew.

I want him out but people who still want him in don't have "blood on their hands" for crying out load, they are fans not board members.

blood on their hands is an extreme assessment and not mine, mine is that there's nothing we can do to get rid, the board have inexplicable faith in him not backed up by results or performances, but dismissing what would be relegation without a glimmer of a fight if not for Southampton, Everton, Bournemouth and Leeds all being disastershows (and relegation is still a very real possibility, we'd stay up because three other teams made more of a hash of it than on our own merit). What I'm saying is there is a large portion of our fanbase who've bought into his lowering of expectations and think that this relegation battle is our natural place, we can't aspire to better and Rodgers is fantastic just let down by a lack of backing. this place is an outlier in seeing through his brand Brendan bullshit and a lot of the fanbase is still weirdly positive about him

• Like 1