Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Reset Everything'

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

What did he actually say?

2 Days ago

Leicester City must “re-evaluate and reset” this summer to eradicate the “gulf” between them and sides like Arsenal next season, manager Brendan Rodgers has said.

To resume their challenge of the Premier League’s heavyweights, a full reassessment and revamp of the squad is required, Rodgers believes. But first, they need to secure their place in the division, with the manager eyeing five or six wins for survival.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-calls-leicester-city-8191032

• Thanks 2

Any reset needs to begin from the top down, Whelan and Rudkin and Rodgers and then the players, the club needs a sea change but Top I think is just too loyal to see what needs to be done and act.

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Just pay Bristol City whatever we have to and start rebuilding properly please.

Don't care who laughs and thinks this is funny, we won't go down under NP, the football will be decent and forward thinking, he probably won't get us top 10 but he will shake up the club, weed out the players with bad attitudes, Soumare and Co, and get us on an upward trajectory again. 

The problem is that he won't come. He's in a long term project at Bristol and won't want to leave. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't care who laughs and thinks this is funny, we won't go down under NP, the football will be decent and forward thinking, he probably won't get us top 10 but he will shake up the club, weed out the players with bad attitudes, Soumare and Co, and get us on an upward trajectory again. 

The problem is that he won't come. He's in a long term project at Bristol and won't want to leave. 

Bristol City had won about 3 in 15, including defeat to Lincoln, before this current run they are on. If we had done that people would want the manager out.

47 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Jock Wallace was the manager when I first started watching Leicester and when we were shit first half you know he would go all out ballistic at the players at half time and there would me a marked improvement second half 

we look like a team in comfy slippers these days. Something has to change and that should be the manager in reality. We should have got Potter when we could have and probably Dyche but now who? 

Potter if he gets sacked from Chelski perhaps? 

Probably sounds stupid but I'd give Chris Wilder a go. Out of work, so cheap given we'll have to pay off NP. He might not be an elite tactician but you get the feeling he's somebody who motivates which is all we need. 

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Probably sounds stupid but I'd give Chris Wilder a go. Out of work, so cheap given we'll have to pay off NP. He might not be an elite tactician but you get the feeling he's somebody who motivates which is all we need. 

Wilder is out of work because he got sacked for having Middlesbrough in a relegation battle. Carrick now has the same team, in the same season, chasing promotion.

Some shouts on here are horrific.

• Like 3

The benefit of Nige isn't just on the pitch, it's the long term thinking, and balls to stick his neck out for the good of the club. We're in a cycle of decline, its going to end in mid table Championship in a couple of years, we desperately need a Nige type builder in ASAP. 

That I can agree with, we do need a "builder". it's just the obsession with Pearson, a manager I love for him time and work here, that I don't agree with. He hasn't done anything remotely close to what he did with us since he left.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Short term it's worth considering anyone who could motivate so not a bad shout in fairness 

we need to stay up this season 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Jock Wallace was the manager when I first started watching Leicester and when we were shit first half you know he would go all out ballistic at the players at half time and there would me a marked improvement second half 

we look like a team in comfy slippers these days. Something has to change and that should be the manager in reality. We should have got Potter when we could have and probably Dyche but now who? 

Potter if he gets sacked from Chelski perhaps? 

Are you confident that Potter would be radically different from Rodgers? Since he took charge at Chelsea, they've looked passive, disorganised and unmotivated. Sound familiar?

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Are you confident that Potter would be radically different from Rodgers? Since he took charge at Chelsea, they've looked passive, disorganised and unmotivated. Sound familiar?

Potter built Brighton to what they are now though. He needs time at Chelsea just like he'd need time here. People just don't want to give it him but Brighton did.

I think Potter would rebuild us but people wouldn't want to wait that long.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just think Potter would be long term fit. Short term we perhaps need a motivator. Stay up at all costs this season 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

To say that after 200 games in charge he should just do the decent thing and resign.

The fact he is paid £200K a week and it will cost us £10 million to sack him is a disgrace.

Board shouldn't have offered it him then, they are at fault here.

It's a reactionary diversion tactic he comes out with when he's fuming. 

He's restrained and calm enough publicly to not directly hammer the whole team, but perturbed enough to say something like this. Passive-aggressive deflections are part of his schtick. 

We saw it after Forest with the whole "refresh" thing that was picked up by the media and he had to continue to tow the party line for the rest of the season. He was then made to look a wally when it didn't happen. 

I imagine it'll be a similar thing with this. 

Here he goes again.

Full reassessment and revamp needed to challenge towards the top. Essentially, most of you lot need to go but while you're here do me a favour and keep us in the division first.

For what it's worth, I don't disagree with him per se, but the way he's gone about it again doesn't inspire those still here to fight for their right to be part of that challenge towards the top again.

If he's not careful, we could be on the slide again. With some very winnable fixtures coming up we need confidence and belief.

For now, seriously just write it off as a bad day and use the Villa and Spurs wins and the first half against Man Utd as inspiration.

• Like 1

I have absolutely zero connections into the club, but believe that a few on here genuinely do. If any of those are reading this, my ‘reset’ interpretation would be the dynamic between players and manager. From an outsider’s perspective, it looks fractured. What’s the perspective of our ITKs? Are they really still with him or just going through the motions? 

Ever since the Forest debacle he's continually used the excuse to the media the players aren't good enough and that's not even the ones he's not picking. No wonder they look lost and unmotivated. Thomas, rightly I suppose gets slagged off a lot on here but I suspect he's suffered the demotivating excuses from Rogers he looks like a stray out there totally different to when he first played.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Its a soundbite. He was saying similar stuff after Forest last season. Its a deflection tactic designed to get people talking about anything other than his short comings. Its been 4 years, this is his team, his players and his philosophy. The 'rebuild and reset' starts with him. 

Agree completely. However, I'm not going to absolve the players of blame. They are highly paid to play for us and should be at least capable of passing to a player of the same team. They show no fight, no desire and questionably little effort at times. There's no leadership anywhere within the club right now from the boardroom to the pitch. utter shambles.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I'd change John Rudkin - and splash some cash on a seasoned DofF. How transfers and contracts are managed has been atrocious and it's down to him. 

Reshuffle the board - I'd keep SW, bring in a cpl of non execs to help out Top. I'd plough on with the stadium expansion in the hope that the football side sorts itself out with a new DofF. 

The rest of it is there - but a manager change being the obvious call.

I'd create a fan representation group, of maybe 25 people - all of different ages, background, colour, sexuality - you name it, which would have a direct line into the board on a monthly basis - and have a dedicated section in board meetings to cover issues and fan feedback. I think that way, the club then isn't blind to what the fans want, and the fans would feel more engaged and represented.

In my day job, we cover this at our board meetings, employee engagement is key - in this case it's more fan engagement, because sometimes at the top you can feel a bit disconncted as to what's going on in the business at ground zero.

This is the best post I've read on here in a long long time. Bravo.