Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Southampton Away Match Thread

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I hate to say it but Tete looks half the player of Lookman and and on a par with Under. 

Ricardo looks rusty, Souttar and Faes are far to slow. 

it's really worrying.

I do think Crusty Lips tactics have a large say in their form turning around.

Teams just sit deep against us and starve us if space whereas we gift them our entire half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

There goal is a prime example, a great example of the worry I have about Souttar.

Once their striker was off, Souttar was never catching him.

Apart from Maddison, we’ve been fookin awful again. It should be two nil 

I reckon most managers who aren't tactically inept like Rodgers would account for that by not playing a high line, don't give them the space in behind

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

There goal is a prime example, a great example of the worry I have about Souttar.

What’s your worry about Souttar? Too slow

We are: Soft, no confidence, poor touches, abysmal positioning, unfit, BR will have his half time team talk, nothing will change, we will concede within 8 mins of the second half, subs will be in and around the 63 minute mark, wont effect the game at all another loss closer to the championship. 

Top wont do anything, he will still be here.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why play such a high line then? It's a tactical decision. Fine to play a high line if you also press from the front. But we didn't do that. 

It made absolutely no sense to change midway through the half the tactic that had us in control. That's on Rodgers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jono1604 said:

The owner has a lot to answer for here leaving this idiot in charge who will take us down make no mistake ! Needs some direct action at the next home game the owners dont like bad press !

Needs to put his big boy pants on then.

It is not working for us is it. KDB has been quite ineffective. Perhaps play Praet instead of KDB.

Swap Faes with Soyuncu and the defence line needs to drop back a bit. Southampton are now just going long and over us with their runners ready for the counter. Faes is often out of position and we are left exposed.

• Like 1

The first pass out the back needs to be to Madders, the only player who seems to be able to turn with the ball without taking 5 touches. Mendy and KDH just send the ball back to the defence to knock around. Castagne and Riccy offer nothing going forward, no support or attempt to pass the ball forward after it’s taken 10 passes to get to them.

Soton, like all the other teams at our level has sussed us out, give us the ball and we’ll mess up passing it out. 

Top has ruined this club. 

1 minute ago, ForeverandEver said:

Rogers doesn’t have a change button. 

There’s nobody on the bench either. 

He so badly wants to be sacked Soyuncu will go upfront. 

O'neill tried a centre half up front and  it worked,Walsh and Elliott. 

Can't hurt,just try something different RODGERS.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

He doesn't. He said this isn't a must win game. He knows he still has credit in the bank. It sucks.

I'm not so sure. Top gave him the transfer money for a reason and after todays game we'll be above the drop. I've often said the owners have been naive with Rodgers but with relegation as a realistic prospect I don't think they'd be that naive.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He’s run them into the ground mentally. Loads of them don’t like him. It’s toxic all round. 

Possibly but that doesn't mean the players should give up and turn to shit. If they hate him that much then they should oust him. Does anyone think its OK to just give up and see us relegated because they don't like the manager. If he's that bad then do something about it and go to Rudkin and Top and get him out. If the players turned on him, he'd be sacked tomorrow, regardless of cost. You can't sack a squad of 25, but you can sack 1 man