Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Southampton away 1-0 full time

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

Maddison appears to be pissed off with the scene - two misplaced passes is bad for him. Problem is, we had them on the ropes for such a long stretch and, typically, if we don't score then we usually concede. Technically, we're better than most teams in the Prem, but there's no fight in them. It's like they're just doing a job rather than fighting for the club. Rodgers isn't the man for a relegation struggle. His thing is being at a club where he can depend on money to get him out of scrapes.

Truth is, he doesn't know how to motivate a struggling team. I hope we stay up, of course, but either way, that or relegation, he's neither use nor ornament for City - he stopped being an effective manager two seasons ago. I'm not sure whether Top wants to sack him. Is it too big a decision he's presented with?

No we absolutley are not

• Like 4

How hard is it to pass a football to a team mate, we can’t even do the simple things ,then we go back to playing out the back and that lets them into the game and they score . But what do we do , we do even more passing the ball back and across , like we are in no hurry , manager has they stuffed they play like a bunch of kids just learning the game . We deserve everything we get 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Hows it irrational by blaming the parties responsible? If thr players finish the chances, we win the game amd thats the long and short of it.  Petty insults showing your true class there.

You are consistently the worst poster on this site

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Couldn't even scrape a point against Southampton at home or away lol

We're gone.

Over the two games we should have taken six points 

that’s probably why rodgers won’t be under pressure from the board - he will point to the fact that he’s doing his job as best he can and the players inability to do theirs is the problem. 

however, that’s way too simplistic 

What I find most disturbing is that both the manager and players are pushing the narrative that we were unlucky and deserved to win? If they really think that they are deluded and we are in even bigger trouble than thought. We created chuff all, did we even have a shot on target?

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 2

No other team that plays from the back plays as slow as us. Ward and the squad should just ignore the the tactics and go long from the goal kick or play quickly but I think Ward is like my dog, happy to get a run around and his treats. 

Our players just stand there and move the ball side to side and allow themselves to be closed down.  Faes is too slow and casual on the ball when they knock it about the back. 

Soton went long from the goal kick, one punt and it’s on our half. We would take 20 passes side to side for Riccy P to constantly try and lift it past a player but wouldn’t leave our own half. 

Timmy is useless, I think his major eye injury did something to his brain. What gets me is when he’s calling for the ball, knocks it back to Faes then apologises to Barnes for not sending him on his way. The only time he really got forward he got in Madisons way, madders then created space but Tim didn’t even attempt to move into the free area where he could’ve got a cross in. He rarely looks to be progressive in his play or attempt to set Barnes free. I miss the days of Vardy chasing a chipped ball into the channels. 

Mendy and KDH would instantly pass back even if they were unmarked, which would kill any progress. KDH has a terrible first touch, at one point he did his standard 270 degree turn before he can pass forward as he can’t use his right foot but he just turned it into the feet of the soton player which started an attack off for them. 

Nacho had gone back to being a pinball bumper, he holds onto the ball for too long as he can’t kick it with his right and does too much with no end result. It’s so frustrating as he can clearly play and score. 

This was another game where we lost against ourselves not the opposition. 

• Like 1

Just seen that tackle from Alvarez surely that should have been a red card? Not that it would have changed a lot but still that’s 2 in a short space of time where the opposition should have been down to ten 

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Just seen that tackle from Alvarez surely that should have been a red card? Not that it would have changed a lot but still that’s 2 in a short space of time where the opposition should have been down to ten 

We did get a point down there a couple seasons ago against ten - that was in our pomp period too! 

16 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

0 shots on target against the joint worst keeper in the league

I know we are desperate for a shot on target, but I think it’s a bit much to start asking our defenders to start trying to put it past Ward.

Faes already tried it, didn’t go great. 

• Haha 4

I watched the game on tv with my 80 year old great aunt in London (her family are Arsenal fans so she never watches Leicester). Her first comment was “why are they passing it around sideways all the time” lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is absolutely no excuse from the manager for that last night. That was a good side that was put out so he can’t use any of the lack of investment, injuries, or young squad nonsense excuses. The last 7 days alone should’ve been enough to get him the sack but the worst thing of all is we all know he’ll be in the dugout come next Saturday as the board have fallen for his bullsh*t deflection tactics. 

37 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Vardy getting paid £160k per week is daylight robbery. He's gone now and doesn't influence game at all. 

Think he knows that, himself.

Reckon his long-term future will be secure, as the club is known for looking after some of their former players.

• Like 1