Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Southampton away 1-0 full time

1 minute ago, woznotwos said:

Fresh legs i would expect,  no-one else on the bench

Yes I suspected that, But NDiddi offers nothing else except his defensive ball winning.

What he should have done was move Soutter up top and go 3 at the Back. 

It was pointless keeping 4 at the back when we're losing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

I'm talking about todays game, its on the players this time. Maddison and Hall were terrible in possession, caught on the ball, couldnt find a man, hows that on rodgers?

Mate, we just went an entire game against the side sat bottom of the league where the manager (again!) couldn’t inspire any reaction - what are you defending ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I suspected that, But NDiddi offers nothing else except his defensive ball winning.

What he should have done was move Soutter up top and go 3 at the Back. 

It was pointless keeping 4 at the back when we're losing.

Yeah but a back 4 suits our sideways/backwards style

• Haha 1

The spirit was willing, but the body was weak.

When you're in a relegation fight everything feels like its against you. Felt for kalechi clearly he can score but Souttar's header against the bar summed up our predicament. On another day it was 3 goals for us today. Southampton looked poor but we seemed to have sparked their desire. Clearly a lot of frustrated players on the pitch.

Can't fault anyone's work rate today. We just didn't have any ideas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Mate, we just went an entire game against the side sat bottom of the league where the manager (again!) couldn’t inspire any reaction - what are you defending ? 

We arent mates. How is rodgers to blame for woeful finishing or misplaced passes? You can't answer.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I'm talking about todays game, its on the players this time. Maddison and Hall were terrible in possession, caught on the ball, couldnt find a man, hows that on rodgers?

Because he's brought a lot of the players in and they're simply not good enough.

When you add that to how slow we are, How poor in possession we are, The lack of creativity and the lack of a physical presence in the team. I could go on but it's all down to BR.

1 minute ago, moseeds said:

The spirit was willing, but the body was weak.

When you're in a relegation fight everything feels like its against you. Felt for kalechi clearly he can score but Souttar's header against the bar summed up our predicament. On another day it was 3 goals for us today. Southampton looked poor but we seemed to have sparked their desire. Clearly a lot of frustrated players on the pitch.

Can't fault anyone's work rate today. We just didn't have any ideas.

Yep. We won a lot of 50 50 balls and apart from the last 15 minutes of the first half we were the dominant team. Just for some reason we couldn't put our chances on target.

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

We arent mates. How is rodgers to blame for woeful finishing or misplaced passes? You can't answer.

Tactics, lack of leadership? 2 games 0 shots in inexcusable. No motivation, no one playing for the manager, no idea on how to change it. Saying daft things. That is to blame. Poor coaching. Most are internationals. It shouldn’t happen in the frequency it has been. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 4

Just now, BigMicky said:

Of course I can. Especially when we have consistently done it this season and part of last. Consistency in performance of value are delivered on the training pitch. We don’t have that do we. Who is in charge ? Organisation (or lack of - see first goal), game plan (which there was none) and ability to adapt is achieved by coaching. If this was one off I could just about understand your inability to concede what is right in front of you but we are now in March.

Believe me if the mate comment was serious I would be seriously considering my life choices. 

• Like 2