Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Southampton away 1-0 full time

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Tactics, lack of leadership? 2 games 0 shots in inexcusable. No motivation, no one playing for the manager. That is to blame. Coaching for misplace passes. Most are internationals. It shouldn’t happen in the frequency it has been. 

Or passing around the back which ain't going to get you a goal or may lead to you conceding one or more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

went to cook dinner at full time. cut up some chillies and then wiped my nose, burning like all hell, but I'd sooner do that again than watch another 90 minutes like that. Literally no positives to take from it, get him sacked

Ouch.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Of course I can. Especially when we have consistently done it this season and part of last. Consistency in performance of value are delivered on the training pitch. We don’t have that do we. Who is in charge ? Organisation (or lack of - see first goal), game plan (which there was none) and ability to adapt is achieved by coaching. If this was one off I could just about understand your inability to concede what is right in front of you but we are now in March.

Believe me if the mate comment was serious I would be seriously considering my life choices. 

You are talking everything but my points raised, because you cant admit that the players are letting the side down with terrible finishing, it really is that simple based on todays game.

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

You are talking everything but my points raised, because you cant admit that the players are letting the side down with terrible finishing, it really is that simple based on todays game.

Of course the player are letting this club down. They can leave too - every one of them. 

However, to even suggest Rodgers isn’t fundamentally responsible here is stupidity. I’m sorry for using that term but I can’t think of a better one. 

Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

Another Sat evening, Sunday & Monday morning refreshing FT and BBC sport every 15 mins hoping to hear news he's gone.

Talk about Groundhog Day.

I wouldn't even bother wasting your time. He's here to stay :dry:

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Another Sat evening, Sunday & Monday morning refreshing FT and BBC sport every 15 mins hoping to hear news he's gone.

Talk about Groundhog Day.

That's the only hope we can cling to in regard to this club. If he's not gone by Monday afternoon then I'm done with them until Top and the board piss off.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

No it isn't. 

It is two years of slowly letting standards drop, allowing confidence to wane, exceptionally poor man-management, bizarre public statements, shite signings  and gross negligence of creating a structure of play that plays to our strengths whilst attempting to nullify the opposition. 

Maddison appears to be pissed off with the scene - two misplaced passes is bad for him. Problem is, we had them on the ropes for such a long stretch and, typically, if we don't score then we usually concede. Technically, we're better than most teams in the Prem, but there's no fight in them. It's like they're just doing a job rather than fighting for the club. Rodgers isn't the man for a relegation struggle. His thing is being at a club where he can depend on money to get him out of scrapes.

Truth is, he doesn't know how to motivate a struggling team. I hope we stay up, of course, but either way, that or relegation, he's neither use nor ornament for City - he stopped being an effective manager two seasons ago. I'm not sure whether Top wants to sack him. Is it too big a decision he's presented with?

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Genuine question for everyone saying sack him now, who comes in?

Well he's just stood toe to toe with a championship manager and one bottom of the PL and they've both wiped the floor with him tactically. 

The bar isn't that high .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That good opportunities line makes me tickle….the two most gilt edged chances came from their goalkeeper. We didn’t create them. Their keeper gave them to us. 

Who the fook was he? It's hard to comprehend, but he appeared worse than Ward. 

They basically played a team of Ward, Soumare, Luke Thomas and Tete. The stuff of absolute nightmares. And beat us. It's a defeat the defies all known football laws. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Of course the player are letting this club down. They can leave too - every one of them. 

However, to even suggest Rodgers isn’t fundamentally responsible here is stupidity. I’m sorry for using that term but I can’t think of a better one. 

So everyone leave, is see you are an irrational poster. Todays loss was nothing to do with tactics, formation, training, seagrave, the master plan. It was lost due to woeful finishing and poor decision/execution by the players. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

By that count he should equally take no credit for good finishing or good passes.

Who is crediting him for that? Ive never once though oh great finish Vardy, must have been Rodgers training sessions. Weird post.

13 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

No it isn't. 

It is two years of slowly letting standards drop, allowing confidence to wane, exceptionally poor man-management, bizarre public statements, shite signings  and gross negligence of creating a structure of play that plays to our strengths whilst attempting to nullify the opposition. 

Professional footballers regardless of anything you have said, should score headers from 6 yards out, its that simple.