Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Southampton away 1-0 full time

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Rodgers aside.

Does any other team being remotely comfortable, give away a penalty, save the penalty and then retreat back into its shell and get completely dominated for the next five minutes? 

We’re building from the back in the last few minutes and then we’re trying the low percentage passes in midfield? Which is it we’re building cautiously or we’re trying to get it forward. Do one or the other but not both. 

Rodgers ultimately carries the can but this team are clueless. 

I think I’m just about done with them for this season. 

Mate this ALL comes from Rodgers. If they ignore his advice or speak out, if they play different to how he wants them to play, they’ll be dropped or banished like so many before them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

We arent mates. How is rodgers to blame for woeful finishing or misplaced passes? You can't answer.

Rodgers is the manager, he’s job to train them and to motivate them. 
That’s what they are supposed to be doing all week in training. 
If the players are not performing on the pitch then he is clearly doing something wrong in training and motivating them. 
This season has been shocking and the last couple of years we have slowly been getting worse under him. 
So he’s clearly not doing his job if he can’t get he’s team up to beat bottom of the league and move six points clear of relegation. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Once again our shocking attempt at playing a high line failed.

I think the only way to play such  a high line it to have 2 rapid cbs.

All teams know that there is a huge space behind us, and even if our guys are no slouches, they don't stand a chance.

The only solution we have this year is to drop them back. It's not Rodgers normal strategy but I've seen far too many identical goals this year.

The strangest thing is that most players played a half decent level of  6/10  or 7/10 and won their battles (Tete apart, who was his standard 4/10) ...and their xG must've rivalled ours v Arsenal. 

Best I've seen KDH for a few weeks. Mendy steady. Praet and Wilf bith decent when on. Castagne best game in a while. Faes and Souttar looked fine to me. Ricky largely steady. Kels if we exclude his nightmare finishing. How the **** can you have better players, then the players largely play better than those poorer opponents and still conspire to lose? It's another Rodgers stat and logic buster. 

Today goes down with Bournemouth away, plus the Mickey Adams Middlesbrough away and Wolves away

53 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m irrational ? You’re still looking for excuses despite performance number 1001 where we’ve barely shown up against the side sat bottom of the league and I’m irrational ? 

Stupidity now seems like a kind description…

Hows it irrational by blaming the parties responsible? If thr players finish the chances, we win the game amd thats the long and short of it.  Petty insults showing your true class there.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The strangest thing is that most players played a half decent level of  6/10  or 7/10 and won their battles (Tete apart, who was his standard 4/10) ...and their xG must've rivalled ours v Arsenal. 

Best I've seen KDH for a few weeks. Mendy steady. Praet and Wilf bith decent when on. Castagne best game in a while. Faes and Souttar looked fine to me. Ricky largely steady. Kels if we exclude his nightmare finishing. How the **** can you have better players, then the players largely play better than those poorer opponents and still conspire to lose? It's another Rodgers stat and logic buster. 

Today goes down with Bournemouth away, plus the Mickey Adams Middlesbrough away and Wolves away

Have we really got 'the better players'? The only player for us on the pitch that is wanted by the top clubs is Maddison. Ward Prowse possibly similar. I personally don't think atm we are that much better player for player than the teams around us.

1 minute ago, Rossiter said:

Have we really got 'the better players'? The only player for us on the pitch that is wanted by the top clubs is Maddison. Ward Prowse possibly similar. I personally don't think atm we are that much better player for player than the teams around us.

I'm talking Southampton. They are absolutely fcking shite. I mean rea, genuine, utter fcking dogshite. Even JWP is rank ordinary, set pieces apart.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Most players were a 4 outta 10. Rodgers was a 2 outta 10. You're way off 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I'm talking Southampton. They are absolutely fcking shite. I mean rea, genuine, utter fcking dogshite. Even JWP is rank ordinary, set pieces apart.

Fair enough but who would they really want to buy from our team  out there today?

29 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Hows it irrational by blaming the parties responsible? If thr players finish the chances, we win the game amd thats the long and short of it.  Petty insults showing your true class there.

Ok. Let’s take your point of view.

What was the excuse for the defensive high line and ridiculously poor press (similar issues we saw v Blackburn (different players) and at times v Arsenal oh and Man U (twice)) ?

Guest ttfn
2 hours ago, Bert said:

0 shots on target against the team with the worst home record in the league. 

I don’t think this is a fair stick to beat Rodgers with today at all, he doesn’t finish the chances. We created plenty today and Iheanacho should have scored at least 2.

And of course the reverse is true - when Iheanacho, Vardy or Maddison “run hot” or when Tielemans scores from 30 yards with our only shot on target in the cup final, it’s not vindication of his managerial genius. 

We're just so predictable. Whatever the situation or time in the game, we seek to build play in exactly the same methodical way. It's the same patterns of play over and over again. So opposition managers know exactly what we're going to do, which makes it so easy for them to set traps for turnovers on the one hand and to set up their defence against our attacks on the other. 

A truly depressing day all round. Hard to see how we turn this around after losing to such a poor side. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I don’t think this is a fair stick to beat Rodgers with today at all, he doesn’t finish the chances. We created plenty today and Iheanacho should have scored at least 2.

And of course the reverse is true - when Iheanacho, Vardy or Maddison “run hot” or when Tielemans scores from 30 yards with our only shot on target in the cup final, it’s not vindication of his managerial genius. 

It will sound odd but our players are not used to having chances in the positions they occurred. If we create opportunities like that regularly I think more composure arrives. They don't usually have big chances in the middle of the box.

• Haha 1