Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Southampton away 1-0 full time

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

Your insistance on changing the subject isnt very becoming. I have answered your points but I will humour you. Lets look at the Arsenal game, terribly frustrating but we were beaten by a team that is flying a 1-0 loss isnt the end of the world. UTD, if we take our chances in the 1st half its a different game, we didnt and they punished us. Did you really expect any points from those two fixtures?  We have played a high line and conceeded, is that due to us losing posession or giving the ball away in the wrong areas initially? Or that high line? How many times was the high line a sucess yesterday or against Arsenal or UTD. You hatred for one man clouds your judgement or you haven't really got a clue. Either way, do you find it acceptable that 3 premier league players missed all those chances yesterday? 

Ok that was a long answer.

Im asking you. Do we have the players to consistently play a high line. A simple yes or no is fine. 

I don’t need to go any further. We are two points from the relegation zone and just been beaten by the bottom club. My question to you is what exactly are you defending (this is rhetorical so please just answer the first question).

The last PL clean sheet was 12th November which says everything about where our problems lie. Adding to that the fact we almost every game go 1 behind, and if we do get our noses in front we always make a stupid error and give away the equaliser. Time to go back to basics me thinks, maybe 5 at the back and rely on counter attacks. Overall our goals for is not too bad but we struggle to score when it really matters, like when we’re behind.

1 hour ago, paulski said:

The last PL clean sheet was 12th November which says everything about where our problems lie. Adding to that the fact we almost every game go 1 behind, and if we do get our noses in front we always make a stupid error and give away the equaliser. Time to go back to basics me thinks, maybe 5 at the back and rely on counter attacks. Overall our goals for is not too bad but we struggle to score when it really matters, like when we’re behind.

Not the old 5 at the back syndrome where we'd add Armarty to Souttar and Faus and clog ourselves up again. Every time Rodgers previously tried it to try and shore us up to hold onto a lead it was crap and did for us and ended up conceding. 

Perhaps we could try sacrificing KDH and have Ndidi, Mendy and Maddison in midfield?

19 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know it's easy to say when you are shit but I really do feel like I'm losing interest in football altogether. Very little emotion win or lose from me these days. 

I paid Sky £11.99 to watch this. For the dominance we had for 20 mins or so I was engrossed and then I found myself half glancing at the screen for the rest of the game. Beforehand I'd questioned myself whether I should bother. Turned out I was right to do so. I'd hoped Maddison would be the key to this game and, as always, he bought class and endeavour to the game. But Iheanacho was misfiring and Barnes and Téte failed to ignite the blue touch paper. Once Saints scored City never looked like winning and drawing would have been little comfort.

On 05/03/2023 at 01:36, Dan LCFC said:

We can't all be ahead of the curve. 

Makes no sense, try again. Still find it weird that super fan Dan would want us to lose, its as if you aren't really a fan at all and you are just there for the pyros and organised flag waving.

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not the old 5 at the back syndrome where we'd add Armarty to Souttar and Faus and clog ourselves up again. Every time Rodgers previously tried it to try and shore us up to hold onto a lead it was crap and did for us and ended up conceding. 

Perhaps we could try sacrificing KDH and have Ndidi, Mendy and Maddison in midfield?

Ffs not Amartey, maybe Ndidi in the 5, point is something has to change.