Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

My understanding was that a random sample of people were emailed after buying their tickets.  Rather than getting their tickets posted, they had to collect them at the stadium, where ID would be checked.  I’d also be interested to know how strict the checking was.  We’re hoping to get tickets for the Fulham match but my older son can’t come so my younger son was hoping to take a friend instead.  

9 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Wonder if it’s a tv detector van type scam. Pretend they will do it hoping that scares enough people 

Nah you had to go and queue up for the tickets after the security check where the Leicester ticket office people were sat in the booth things checking ID’s, strict about it too. So strange

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Why did we have so many stewards from our ground at Southampton? 

Highest banning orders and arrests currently, or so I was told.

Previously clubs such as Millwall and Cardiff have done the same. We've had our stewards at games for a long while but no where near that amount. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Highest banning orders and arrests currently, or so I was told.

Previously clubs such as Millwall and Cardiff have done the same. We've had our stewards at games for a long while but no where near that amount. 

Yeah Iv seen em about before but seemed like there was so many on Saturday. Really unnecessary 

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Brendon had his id checked, just to confirm it actually says football manager on it cos no one believed him.  

The trend of people turning any thread into a Brendan Rodgers slating thread is usually boring....

....but this post is an exception, this really made my chuckle.

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

My understanding was that a random sample of people were emailed after buying their tickets.  Rather than getting their tickets posted, they had to collect them at the stadium, where ID would be checked.  I’d also be interested to know how strict the checking was.  We’re hoping to get tickets for the Fulham match but my older son can’t come so my younger son was hoping to take a friend instead.  

If anything like Warsaw, the checking would be like the Gestapo checking David Baddiel's ID 

I wonder though how many 'random' checks were sent to those called Doris, Eileen or Betty 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, FoxesTez said:

Nothing. But why would you travel to an away game, collect your ticket from the stadium to then give that ticket to your friend? 

Could an individual order more than one? 

I don’t know how it works currently as I use someone’s spare season ticket when I can get to a game.

Although I know when I’ve ordered multiple tickets before. I’ve just said that someone was running late (which was true). Same surname, same address on the booking and the ticket office have given them to me. 

2 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Nothing. But why would you travel to an away game, collect your ticket from the stadium to then give that ticket to your friend? 

My misunderstanding, I thought from the post they'd asked people to collect from KP. That's why I asked about checking at the away ground too.. but you're collecting from the away ground, as we did in Europe. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Might be better than having to watch the shower of shit performances that we are serving up, mind you, be prepared for a friend to no longer be a friend if you put them through 95 minutes of crap football 

5 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

Was also wondering how it works if you buy 3 in one order, is it just the lead bookers ID needed or all you have bought for?

Each person will need to have the required points to buy a ticket in the first place, so they have the names, regardless of who actually orders the tickets. It's the same process as Europe