Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

The only saving grace for us going down is it putting a stop to utter sh1t like this, I’m lying if I say I won’t get any pleasure in some of these jobsworths losing their jobs.

Our core fanbase have been here long before them and will be here long after them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ren said:

The only saving grace for us going down is it putting a stop to utter sh1t like this, I’m lying if I say I won’t get any pleasure in some of these jobsworths losing their jobs.

Our core fanbase have been here long before them and will be here long after them. 

This is what the people working at the club right now fail to recognise. As much as they think they’re doing us a favour by letting us be there they need to understand it’s our club and we were there before them and will be there after. Many at the club seem to think we should be thankful for them letting us attend. Idiots 

• Like 3

On 13/03/2023 at 21:43, ousefox said:

Sorry just to clarify, Susan Whelan is being brought into stuff like this? No wonder the club is an absolute joke right now if someone in her position is having to be dragged into such crap that should be sorted lower down. Dear me.

Has the ridiculous 50 points per season with an arbitrary start date been discussed at these meetings or does that not suit the old boys who have no interest in the younger generation coming through?

I have been in contact with Jim a couple of times about this and he seemed to think it wasn't a problem in the slightest. Absolutely bizarre - so if you wouldn't mind bringing that up again, that would be fantastic thanks.

Susan always sits on the panel at FCC meetings so yes if want to say she is dragged I to it then yes she is. Or you maybe as CEO she should be aware that the staff below her are ****ing useless.

As for the 50 points. No the club don't see it as an issue. Because they take the approach that all season ticket holders get it. So wheres there a problem.

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Susan always sits on the panel at FCC meetings so yes if want to say she is dragged I to it then yes she is. Or you maybe as CEO she should be aware that the staff below her are ****ing useless.

As for the 50 points. No the club don't see it as an issue. Because they take the approach that all season ticket holders get it. So wheres there a problem.

I'm shocked she's on that. Impressed she actually turns up to stuff like that tbf 

Seriously? Do they really not understand that it just means nobody who became a season ticket holder after 2014 can get any sort of decent priority? Does this get brought up much cos it's massively unfair - especially for the young fans coming through? Or do they just not care?

• Like 2

On 15/03/2023 at 09:28, ousefox said:

I'm shocked she's on that. Impressed she actually turns up to stuff like that tbf 

Seriously? Do they really not understand that it just means nobody who became a season ticket holder after 2014 can get any sort of decent priority? Does this get brought up much cos it's massively unfair - especially for the young fans coming through? Or do they just not care?

Stick response is they see nothing wrong with the system as it rewards long time support. 

I see both sides. I've been p1 since about 2007 but my lad has only had his season ticket since 2014.

Although to be flat he's now p3/p2 depending on the allocations and the adjusting of bands. So it can be done, just you have to want to go watch us. Ie he's had to do Sunderland, West ham several times to be rewarded with the likes of PSV.

I have to say I'm not actually sure what the answer is. Because I'd feel.hard done to if they came.up with a system that means I slip into a bracket with 1000s more. But I do get the age thing is a massive issue. No way those who are between 5 and 25 say are ever gonna catch up with those on 700 points.

My uncle, grandad and cousin have had season tickets for ages now and me and my dad have always gone to away games with tickets they have bought through the points system (under their name). We want to go to Leeds and Newcastle away later on in the season but, due to this new rule (which is ridiculous imo), we don’t know if it’s worth the risk of spending the money and not being able to get the tickets. How harsh are they? If we show my uncle’s and my cousin’s ID do u reckon we’d be allowed in? Does anyone know how common are these ‘random selections’ are?

52 minutes ago, RoanClawson said:

My uncle, grandad and cousin have had season tickets for ages now and me and my dad have always gone to away games with tickets they have bought through the points system (under their name). We want to go to Leeds and Newcastle away later on in the season but, due to this new rule (which is ridiculous imo), we don’t know if it’s worth the risk of spending the money and not being able to get the tickets. How harsh are they? If we show my uncle’s and my cousin’s ID do u reckon we’d be allowed in? Does anyone know how common are these ‘random selections’ are?

This was brought in to stop people doing exactly what you’re doing.

So with regards to how likely you’d be let in, Jannik Vestergaard is more likely to win 100m gold at the next Olympics… lol

1 minute ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

The question is, are we going to actually do anything? Because this has really inconvenienced me as now I can’t get tickets due to the way the priority system is… hate the ticket office

Complain to the club, state your reasons in an email or alternative communication. Not much else to do really.

11 hours ago, RoanClawson said:

Hahahah this is a plus for the pickup system. People systemically farming out their priority and stopping others who are genuinely putting in the miles climbing up the ladder. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

The question is, are we going to actually do anything? Because this has really inconvenienced me as now I can’t get tickets due to the way the priority system is… hate the ticket office

How were you getting tickets before they introduced the collection in person?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve read all the way through this thread and am still a little confused.

For away tickets, from what I can see, it looks like not all of them will be posted out to the buyers. Some are held back and people are told to show up at the ground and show ID before being given the tickets. 

However, I’m still a little unclear about what happens at the away ground at the turnstile.  Is everyone’s ID checked to see if it matches the ticket? Are some people’s ID checked? Or are nobody’s ID checked? 

I’m coming from Canada to watch a game, so it is somewhat important to me.

By the way, please no comments about me being a plastic tourist fan and  whether or not I should be using someone else’s ticket. I’ve been a loyal supporter for over 50 years and still watch every game with my family, even in Canada.

However, for some unfathomable reason, International Members are not entitled to buy away tickets except though a highly improbable “draw” where we might get zero tickets or we might not all get tickets, or we might not get seated together. Therefore, I have no other choice.

I think I am entitled to watch my first live away game in many years. I’ve earned it…….especially after watching Leicester lose an away game at Bristol City on a Tuesday night with the rain pouring down, sometime in the 1970’s.

By the way, I’m 66 years old, bringing my grandkids to see their first ever live Leicester game, so I’m not planning on running onto the pitch and attacking the referee.

……

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

However, I’m still a little unclear about what happens at the away ground at the turnstile.  Is everyone’s ID checked to see if it matches the ticket? Are some people’s ID checked? Or are nobody’s ID checked? 

For tickets that are not posted you have to show ID at a collection point (manned by LCFC ticket office staff) at the away ground to be given your ticket. No ID checking for anybody else. 

In your case it would be solely dependent on whether whoever’s ticket you use was held back initially or not. 'Pot luck' unfortunately although changes are undoubtedly increased if the ticket owner is in the target demographic… 

3 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

I’ve read all the way through this thread and am still a little confused.

For away tickets, from what I can see, it looks like not all of them will be posted out to the buyers. Some are held back and people are told to show up at the ground and show ID before being given the tickets. 

I’m coming from Canada to watch a game, so it is somewhat important to me.

By the way, please no comments about me being a plastic tourist fan and  whether or not I should be using someone else’s ticket. I’ve been a loyal supporter for over 50 years and still watch every game with my family, even in Canada.

However, for some unfathomable reason, International Members are not entitled to buy away tickets except though a highly improbable “draw” where we might get zero tickets or we might not all get tickets, or we might not get seated together. Therefore, I have no other choice.

I think I am entitled to watch my first live away game in many years. I’ve earned it…….especially after watching Leicester lose an away game at Bristol City on a Tuesday night with the rain pouring down, sometime in the 1970’s.

By the way, I’m 66 years old, bringing my grandkids to see their first ever live Leicester game, so I’m not planning on running onto the pitch and attacking the referee.

……

Which match? If the game reaches members sales then you should be eligible as members. Worst case contact the club and state your position. International members should get the same right as others in ticket sales.

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Which match? If the game reaches members sales then you should be eligible as members. Worst case contact the club and state your position. International members should get the same right as others in ticket sales.

If they now do thats a recent change. Used to be just a way of getting the members gift pack as it didn't allow you ticket access.

International members cans still only enter some sort of ballot I believe. Mate of mine in Denver recently signed up, had he asked in advance I'd have told him to steer clear. But he seems happy with his membership tat.

And yep despite parting with his cash his only chance of getting into a ground anytime soon is to still buy tickets off here.

40 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

At least with all this, the rest of us will be able to get legit tickets.

You wait, the club will probably then decide to bring in tiered/premium memberships again e.g. platinum, gold and silver for different levels of priority and access to tickets. All about making more and more £ now. 

7 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

At least with all this, the rest of us will be able to get legit tickets.

But will you? 

Anyone whose doing it to boost their priority points can just buy the ticket, get the point and wait to see if they get chosen. 

If they get chosen, they can claim the point and not bother collecting the ticket. They lose £30 but that’s exactly what would happen if they couldn’t find a taker for the ticket (which if the club allowed general sale for away fixtures - the amount of potential ‘homes’ for a potential ticket would reduce). 

Which then leaves the more genuine cases where someone is trying to help a friend or family member. Which would then be critical of the closed shop points system the club has been running since 2014. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

But will you? 

Anyone whose doing it to boost their priority points can just buy the ticket, get the point and wait to see if they get chosen. 

If they get chosen, they can claim the point and not bother collecting the ticket. They lose £30 but that’s exactly what would happen if they couldn’t find a taker for the ticket (which if the club allowed general sale for away fixtures - the amount of potential ‘homes’ for a potential ticket would reduce). 

Which then leaves the more genuine cases where someone is trying to help a friend or family member. Which would then be critical of the closed shop points system the club has been running since 2014. 

But even by helping a friend or family member stops another fan who’s more entitled buying a ticket

• Like 1