Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

Stewards at away grounds 90% of the time could not care less and you can enter majority of grounds without any ticket at all. Make of that what you may. Club haven’t got a clue, they’re just diverting away from the important stuff. Can’t wait for the championship 

9 hours ago, Maybes said:

The FCC is lip service.

I used to be on it from 2014-2016.

I then stopped being invited without any reason given. Same thing happened to a couple of other active members.

Clearly they didn’t  appreciate our line of questioning.

Back on the subject matter, I do wonder if I have a black dot next to my name given I didn’t collect my Warsaw away ticket. I was ill in bed with tonsillitis. The club refused to transfer it to anyone else and wouldn’t refund me the ticket money. I suspect some one from the ticket office had an enjoyable trip at my expense!

This winds me up so much. Until refunds are given for not being able to go to games if applied for, then this whole attitude and stance the club are taking is galling.

They'll be saying next that if you don't have a good enough reason, on medical grounds or personal tragedy that if you don't attend games you'll be punished. Do they not realise that attending games is a punishment this season? We're dog muck.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I might be wrong but reading between the lines if you or I were to keep buying away tickets and keep being selected as part of this trial and didn't collect the tickets and attend the games that we'd not be allowed to keep doing that?

Dunno, hope not, seems far fetched and there’s a lot of hypothetical b0llocks being spouted here. I attend far from every home match, they can’t stop me doing that.

12 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Unfortunately I had an off the record chat after the Fcc last night, I'm in NYC for the villa game, asked If I passed my ticket to a family member to accompany lad, would that be in breach of rules. Told yes, we have got to that point. Effectively was told. If for some reason my card failed. My family member would be refused a reprint at the ticket office on the grounds they aren't me.

Club are adamant they reserve the right to know who is entering the ground and that tickets are non transferable.

Really disappointing but they seem absolutely determined to crack down on the anti social behaviour they see is tarnishing the club currently and therefore a blanket 1 rule for everyone over common sense seems the approach currently.

Only this season I rang the club to tell them I couldn’t attend a game and if a friend could use my season ticket. They took all his details and sent a reprint, do they not allow this anymore either? 

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Dunno, hope not, seems far fetched and there’s a lot of hypothetical b0llocks being spouted here. I attend far from every home match, they can’t stop me doing that.

I more mean on away games where a lot of the focus appears to be (and understandable they are attempting to do something)

They want to stamp down on fans protecting away priority points by buying tickets and selling them on/letting pals use their reference to obtain the away ticket.

That's fine but then offer a genuine resale platform for those that can't go and be sensible about whether their are fans who buy tickets and don't go and that's their legal right to do so.

The bad behaviour that they're worried about is also fair but I'm not so sure I see a direct correlation with this preventing it that's fair and justified.

• Like 2

It's funny that all these new policies like ticket checks and ID checks, no general sale etc will all be thrown out of the window if we were to get relegated. They'll then be begging young lads to come to the games when they can't get arses on seatslol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

It's funny that all these new policies like ticket checks and ID checks, no general sale etc will all be thrown out of the window if we were to get relegated. They'll then be begging young lads to come to the games when they can't get arses on seatslol

You’re probably right because despite what some think and say about extending the ground, drop down to the Championship and it will be 19-23k weekly at games like before.

Add in I think away games aren’t capped or weren’t capped like Premier league away days, so away ends not selling out as well. Just make sure you take photo ID, inside leg measurement, next of kin, mothers maiden name info with you. 

3 hours ago, Blue717 said:

Only this season I rang the club to tell them I couldn’t attend a game and if a friend could use my season ticket. They took all his details and sent a reprint, do they not allow this anymore either? 

Basically I was told no in short. That's not to say that a staff member won't do it. But the club top wigs are towing the line and saying its against PL rules and they can't advise otherwise.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Basically I was told no in short. That's not to say that a staff member won't do it. But the club top wigs are towing the line and saying its against PL rules and they can't advise otherwise.

Yes you can. It’s in the season ticket terms and conditions 21 and 22. But you have to inform the club and they reserve the right to refuse. 

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I have done this a couple of times this season to take my lad when my wife has been unable to attend, by speaking to LCFC Help. 

The Season Ticket T&C's (point 22) allow this to happen. 

https://resources.lcfc.com/leicesterfc/document/2022/05/16/5786c0e4-8c87-4674-8e04-99b9eb65cf23/Season-Ticket-TCs-2022-23.pdf

Edited by Craig

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I more mean on away games where a lot of the focus appears to be (and understandable they are attempting to do something)

They want to stamp down on fans protecting away priority points by buying tickets and selling them on/letting pals use their reference to obtain the away ticket.

That's fine but then offer a genuine resale platform for those that can't go and be sensible about whether their are fans who buy tickets and don't go and that's their legal right to do so.

The bad behaviour that they're worried about is also fair but I'm not so sure I see a direct correlation with this preventing it that's fair and justified.

Yeh my point on home games was more around the total codswallop of people being banned for not attending enough games.

Away games I completely agree with you, arrests are up and they wanting to stop the lads with drip trays coming in I guess, or atleast be seen to be doing something about it. Problem is they’re doing it the wrong way. And despite all the male posturing on here they know they have a core captive market and people will keep coming back and giving them money 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Yes you can. It’s in the season ticket terms and conditions 21 and 22. But you have to inform the club and they reserve the right to refuse. 

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I have done this a couple of times this season to take my lad when my wife has been unable to attend, by speaking to LCFC Help. 

The Season Ticket T&C's (point 22) allow this to happen. 

https://resources.lcfc.com/leicesterfc/document/2022/05/16/5786c0e4-8c87-4674-8e04-99b9eb65cf23/Season-Ticket-TCs-2022-23.pdf

I'm currently having this debate with both Jim and Susan Whelan  it having spoken to Alistair Spiers who is head of sales on Weds either he doesn't know the clubs own T&Cs or he doesn't seem to be as keen to promote this option.  

Still seems an absolute waste of time tho. In my situation all I was asking if I could pass to a relative to accompany my lad or alternatively pass my lads sesson ticket to a mate and where I stood. Seems ridiculous we have got to this point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I'm currently having this debate with both Jim and Susan Whelan  it having spoken to Alistair Spiers who is head of sales on Weds either he doesn't know the clubs own T&Cs or he doesn't seem to be as keen to promote this option.  

Still seems an absolute waste of time tho. In my situation all I was asking if I could pass to a relative to accompany my lad or alternatively pass my lads sesson ticket to a mate and where I stood. Seems ridiculous we have got to this point.

I totally agree it’s a waste of time and the only reason I’ve done it this season, is because I stupidly enrolled onto the NFC things for my season ticket. 

Still remember, when at the Eindhoven  away game  last year in the queue waiting for our tickets, and guys in front had different names on there’s. But they were name  dropping all the ticket office guys that if they were there, they would be ok, thinking not a chance for these guys. Lo and behold out  they walk out with tickets, thought what an absolute joke, yet here they are strict as anything with away tickets, but whats goes on behind the scenes different story! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

All of this makes me want to buy away tickets to games and deliberately not go (sadly I don't have enough prioroty points these days to get away games to prove my petty point). People have a legal right to purchasing something and not using it, even if that's annoying. That seems to be something they want to make difficult to do by these spot checks.

Nobodies forcing you to use a ticket, but you may lose your priveleges if you don't,  personally I think that's ok though it ought to be a case of two/three strikes and your out rather than out on the first offence.   

There is a lot of complaining on here about this scheme and I would agree it certainly needs improvements,  but people have also been complainng for years about those suspected of protecting their status using foul means and I don't think anyone has come up with a better suggestion for combatting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh my point on home games was more around the total codswallop of people being banned for not attending enough games.

Away games I completely agree with you, arrests are up and they wanting to stop the lads with drip trays coming in I guess, or atleast be seen to be doing something about it. Problem is they’re doing it the wrong way. And despite all the male posturing on here they know they have a core captive market and people will keep coming back and giving them money 

Its not codswallop. It happened, wanted to transfer the ticket to a family member for a couple of games, had already used maximum resale, when they got to the ground it didn’t work so they went to the ticket office, explained situation with st holder holder working away, wouldn’t grant ticket and season ticket holder has been told as they’re not attending enough they now to now go to ticket office with photo id to have the ticket unblocked for each game they can attend. Needless to say they haven’t bothered and the season ticket will be let gone next season. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Its not codswallop. It happened, wanted to transfer the ticket to a family member for a couple of games, had already used maximum resale, when they got to the ground it didn’t work so they went to the ticket office, explained situation with st holder holder working away, wouldn’t grant ticket and season ticket holder has been told as they’re not attending enough they now to now go to ticket office with photo id to have the ticket unblocked for each game they can attend. Needless to say they haven’t bothered and the season ticket will be let gone next season. 

Wow - this club is honestly the pits!

Stewards at away grounds 90% of the time could not care less and you can enter majority of grounds without any ticket at all. Make of that what you may. Club haven’t got a clue, they’re just diverting away from the important stuff. Can’t wait for the championship 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robo61 said:

Nobodies forcing you to use a ticket, but you may lose your priveleges if you don't,  personally I think that's ok though it ought to be a case of two/three strikes and your out rather than out on the first offence.   

There is a lot of complaining on here about this scheme and I would agree it certainly needs improvements,  but people have also been complainng for years about those suspected of protecting their status using foul means and I don't think anyone has come up with a better suggestion for combatting it.

I suppose the remaining question is, isn't it our legal right ro buy something and not use it / attend? 

If someone wants to buy away tickets and wipe their bottoms with the ticket and not go, that's their right is it not? (I stand to be corrected).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suppose the remaining question is, isn't it our legal right ro buy something and not use it / attend? 

If someone wants to buy away tickets and wipe their bottoms with the ticket and not go, that's their right is it not? (I stand to be corrected).

Did my post not answer that. Of course you are free not to attend,  but with every decision in life they may have consequences.  There is nothing in law that says LCFC have to sell you a ticket.