Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

15 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Everyone had to do this in Europe bloke infront of me in the que in naples had a different name on his ticket to his passport and they wouldn't give him the ticket. He was about crying begging and pleading with that Jim. Pretty undignified really. 

Only about 2000 spare seats in the away end that night

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, little Brian said:

One particular chap  had a ticket shredded when trying to claim in a different name ! His children were in tears but a knight in shining armour with a spare ticket got him and the tearful daughter through the turnstile  ,

I've just had this story relaid to me via a phone call. Absolutely vile if true. I get rules but to leave a small girl in tears shows Absolutely no diplomacy.

It's a sad society when you can't help people out. I get there's people who probably abuse the system. But surely some common sense should kick in.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I get there's people who probably abuse the system. But surely some common sense should kick in.

Unfortunately, this is one of the things that is lacking in the modern world.

The "good old days" weren't all that ... rickets, buzz bombs, etc ... but common sense did seem to be in greater supply.

• Haha 1

We were told our tickets had been mailed to us. They never arrived. I had to collect mine. Apparently 130 people had to do the same thing. We really need to do something about Royal Mail. I picked up the tickets as the booking was in my name. I won’t be going to any more away games after this. Been a supporter for 60 years.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Only the lead booker needed to collect. Such a useless exercise though. Plenty of ways to get into that away end without going through that hassle and many did, very very easily. Club are clueless thinking they can win all the ‘fan engagement and health and safety awards’ Clowns. So many lcfc staff taking up seats in the away end too, ridiculous really.

Is it definitely just the lead booker who gets ID'd? Thought someone else here said everyone named on the ticket order required Id thats all. But that wouldn't make sense as kids wouldn't all have photo ID when with their parents who paid for all tickets, let alone a lot of the older generation.  

I understand that it has been different for away Europe games because at least everyone definitely has ID to travel there in the first place 

22 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Is it definitely just the lead booker who gets ID'd? Thought someone else here said everyone named on the ticket order required Id thats all. But that wouldn't make sense as kids wouldn't all have photo ID when with their parents who paid for all tickets, let alone a lot of the older generation.  

I understand that it has been different for away Europe games because at least everyone definitely has ID to travel there in the first place 

Our situation was lead booker. Had the ID of one of the other ticket holders and they rejected it saying needed to be lead ticket holder. He wasn’t there unfortunately. Had to use other ways to get in the ground :ph34r:

I got chosen to collect tickets at the ground. My son couldn't attend so I took my daughter, I know they were asking for ID for verification, but (wrongly) assumed that as he is a minor under my supervision, and I had bought both tickets that it wouldn't be a problem. How wrong was I? 

You're names not on the ticket, you're not coming in. One rule fits all. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

I got chosen to collect tickets at the ground. My son couldn't attend so I took my daughter, I know they were asking for ID for verification, but (wrongly) assumed that as he is a minor under my supervision, and I had bought both tickets that it wouldn't be a problem. How wrong was I? 

What a farce. They expecting kids to carry ID then?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Anyone see the whole ticket staff army taking up 4 rows at Southampton all sitting down. Guarantee you none of them would need to have ID checks or priority points. 

Poor buggers! 

So is it lead booker that has to provide ID? Hope that’s not the case as I got tickets to Palace and unsure now if I can make it, and I bought a ticket for someone else as lead booker.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

3 hours ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

How awful ! This is the sort of thing that is turning me away from a lifetime of following and watching us and making me think more about turning my back on all the nasty shit surrounding top level professional football to go and watch my local grass roots team instead 

• Like 1