Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

3 hours ago, Clive Langley said:

We were told our tickets had been mailed to us. They never arrived. I had to collect mine. Apparently 130 people had to do the same thing. We really need to do something about Royal Mail. I picked up the tickets as the booking was in my name. I won’t be going to any more away games after this. Been a supporter for 60 years.

Or the club are telling fibs and want to see who actually collects tickets…

Hard to see how 5% of the away end had their tickets lost in the post, especially when loads had to collect. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

I got chosen to collect tickets at the ground. My son couldn't attend so I took my daughter, I know they were asking for ID for verification, but (wrongly) assumed that as he is a minor under my supervision, and I had bought both tickets that it wouldn't be a problem. How wrong was I? 

You're names not on the ticket, you're not coming in. One rule fits all. 

**** sake man

Get a written complaint done. 

• Like 1

Just come back from the FCC

the club confirmed 100 tickets were held back. And 45 went uncollected. So in their eyes a high percentage.

Another 10 people were found to be carrying other people's tickets in checks at the ground and refused entry.

This 'trial' is likely to remain in place for the rest of the season.  It seems a 1st offence may only result in a slap on the wrists. As you can blame anything from covid, train strikes, death in the family etc.

However there is definitely a close to zero policy on collection. Although it was mentioned ID ing a kid is a bit harder.

However repeat offenders. Could see some or all away points removed.

Also seems they are moving towards NFC although not 100% for season tickets next year. But they are looking at adding photo ID to anyone requesting a physical card. And they may well also charge extra for the privilege to try push you towards NFC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

the club confirmed 100 tickets were held back. And 45 went uncollected. So in their eyes a high percentage.

Another 10 people were found to be carrying other people's tickets in checks at the ground and refused entry.

This 'trial' is likely to remain in place for the rest of the season.  It seems a 1st offence may only result in a slap on the wrists. As you can blame anything from covid, train strikes, death in the family etc.

However there is definitely a close to zero policy on collection. Although it was mentioned ID ing a kid is a bit harder.

Also seems they are moving towards NFC although not 100% for season tickets next year. But they are looking at adding photo ID to anyone requesting a physical card. And they may well also charge extra for the privilege to try push you towards NFC.

Mental reading. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Idiots the lot of them. Only positive of getting relegated is all these absolute fools will be in the spotlight more when we struggle to shift tickets and will get found out for the joke they are

Great news they are close to sorting the section 106 for the expansion and expect it needs 2 years to get up and running so. That 40000 seater stadium will look wicked in L1 In 2024/25 season. 

• Haha 2

This is all accelerating beyond the pale now. Like, our club are suspicious of the motives of *actual children* to the extent where they'd gladly ID them if they could.

Surely nobody in the "rules are rules, T&Cs are great blah blah" brigade are defending that?

• Like 1

If nearly half the tickets being held back aren't being collected I am not really surprised if they feel justified in carrying on doing it tbh

It is obviously going to make them think there is a lot of people selling on tickets when this is the first time they do it and that is kind of result they get

Not saying I agree with them doing it, I don't, but I can easily see why they will think they should be

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

I got chosen to collect tickets at the ground. My son couldn't attend so I took my daughter, I know they were asking for ID for verification, but (wrongly) assumed that as he is a minor under my supervision, and I had bought both tickets that it wouldn't be a problem. How wrong was I? 

You're names not on the ticket, you're not coming in. One rule fits all. 

Why don’t they still hand over tickets but blacklist whoever hasn’t turned up with ID?  That way they deal with the perceived issue but don’t cause problems for themselves and travelling fans at the game. 3 match ban from aways or points removed. I don’t agree with the process but would be less painless if they must have something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Nearly half the tickets weren’t collected 😂 😂 this policy is going nowhere 

I think what the club are doing is painful and hurts some genuine regular away fans. However, I know from obtaining away tickets my self that there must be quite a significantly small percentage of people who protect their points tally by selling on regularly. Is it a problem that really needs solving?

If they start doing it with season ticket holders via adding photo ID I’ll give mine up. I live quite far away from Leicester and if I can’t make the game I have relatives fill in for me. My sister in law was stopped using my card once because she didn’t know how to use the card to get through the turnstiles. I was called by someone at the gate and asked if I’d given my permission for her to use my ticket. I said yes and they let her in. 

8 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Where else is checks being done then? At the turnstiles? 

Edited by MS0204

8 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I think what the club are doing is painful and hurts some genuine regular away fans. However, I know from obtaining away tickets my self that there must be quite a significantly small percentage of people who protect their points tally by selling on regularly. Is it a problem that really needs solving?

If they start doing it with season ticket holders via adding photo ID I’ll give mine up. I live quite far away from Leicester and if I can’t make the game I have relatives fill in for me. My sister in law was stopped using my card once because she didn’t know how to use the card to get through the turnstiles. I was called by someone at the gate and asked if I’d given my permission for her to use my ticket. I said yes and they let her in. 

They won’t do that and if they do there’ll be plenty of ways around it

9 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Shambles of a club on and off the pitch. How have we let it slip so much? From being in the strongest position imaginable 6 years ago we are now being run like a league two club. 

Disagree. League Two clubs in general tend to welcome and appreciate their matchgoing fans, rather than treating them all as potential nuisances/criminals.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1