Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

Photo id for card season ticket? You're taking the piss now 

First we have weirdly strict security guards searching you prior to going in, now I need ID to prove it's me before getting in. 

What is the big deal with passing on a ticket? Club have got their money from me buying it in the first place.

For a 'family club' they're trying bloody hard to make that fall apart

Do the club buy tickets back? If I get away tickets and then something happens so I can't go I just sell them on at face value. I don't even know if selling back to the club is an option?

Those buying with no intention of going are clearly the issue.

12 hours ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

Believe me, I really wish it was't true, I've never felt so disillusioned with the club. I've hesitated in submitting a written complaint because I think their response might tip me over the edge!

So just to confirm, you travelled all the way to Southampton and wasn't let in because your daughter not your son was with you??? If so this is insane. If that happened to me, my season ticket would be returned and I wouldn't be going again.

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

First we have weirdly strict security guards searching you prior to going in, now I need ID to prove it's me before getting in. 

What is the big deal with passing on a ticket? Club have got their money from me buying it in the first place.

It is a joke the way they are handling it, but I'm guessing the issue is shady, hooligan types maybe already banned people are getting tickets off people with high priority points and then causing trouble. For example the guy who ran on the pitch at forest. I know loads of people high in the priority list who never go and always keep selling their tickets. They don't know who they are selling to. But the case of not letting a bloke in with his daughter is a pisstake.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

I got chosen to collect tickets at the ground. My son couldn't attend so I took my daughter, I know they were asking for ID for verification, but (wrongly) assumed that as he is a minor under my supervision, and I had bought both tickets that it wouldn't be a problem. How wrong was I? 

You're names not on the ticket, you're not coming in. One rule fits all. 

You really should pull the club up on this. If it gets forgotten about they will just continue this insane exercise.

• Like 2

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

It is a joke the way they are handling it, but I'm guessing the issue is shady, hooligan types maybe already banned people are getting tickets off people with high priority points and then causing trouble. For example the guy who ran on the pitch at forest. I know loads of people high in the priority list who never go and always keep selling their tickets. They don't know who they are selling to. But the case of not letting a bloke in with his daughter is a pisstake.

Its well known who the older BS chaps get it their tickets from, the club should look closer to home if they are really arsed about wanting to stop some elements of trouble. They won’t though.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Osavo said:

What an absolute farce. So now, if you buy a ticket but realise you can't attend, you now not only cannot get your money back by exchanging it on here but also get banned for your trouble? We don't have a problem with ticket touting or, largely, antisocial behaviour. This is quite clearly just a pretence for the club's obsession with knowing who everyone in the ground is. 

STH since 2005 and I never thought I'd say this, but the contempt with which the club are treating their paying customers has me seriously considering whether to renew. Quite a large part of me actually wants us to go down, so that we can rid ourselves of these clowns and get our club back.

The post a few above yours said that 45% of a sample of 100 were not collected. That suggests we have a massive problem of people not attending who buy the tickets originally.

Not defending the club here but with stats like that they are more than justified in doing it and I imagine will continue to do it.

Perhaps the problem is bigger than we all  thought. However way we try to dress it up ie oh it was just a dad taking a different sibling. The fact 45 % didn’t collect when ID was required shows a hell of a lot of tickets must get into the hands of people they were not intended for. We all constantly moan about our crap away ends, maybe getting rid of ticket blockers will allow people lower down to get more tickets and improve things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

The post a few above yours said that 45% of a sample of 100 were not collected. That suggests we have a massive problem of people not attending who buy the tickets originally.

Not defending the club here but with stats like that they are more than justified in doing it and I imagine will continue to do it.

Perhaps the problem is bigger than we all  thought. However way we try to dress it up ie oh it was just a dad taking a different sibling. The fact 45 % didn’t collect when ID was required shows a hell of a lot of tickets must get into the hands of people they were not intended for. We all constantly moan about our crap away ends, maybe getting rid of ticket blockers will allow people lower down to get more tickets and improve things.

Not a chance if they won't even let games that don't sell out go on general sale, as was the case on Saturday.

The club aren't arsed in the slightest about actually making things fairer for people down the chain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not a chance if they won't even let games that don't sell out go on general sale, as was the case on Saturday.

The club aren't arsed in the slightest about actually making things fairer for people down the chain.

I completely agree about the not selling general sale for games such as Southampton away and Newcastle away earlier in the season. That is pure greed for membership fees over filling an away end with our own support.

However in this case I have to say I agree with the clubs stance. They have obviously identified a massive problem here, 45 tickets out of 100 is a shocking statistic which shows just how many of our tickets end up in the hands of people who shouldn’t have them.

If 90+ had been picked up by the correct people then yes we could all sit here saying there is absolutely no need for this over zealousness as we have no problem at all.

I know a long time season ticker holder who’s had his ticket stopped because he hasn’t attended enough games. His circumstances have changed so he can’t get to many games this season, has used the resale platform up to his limit but now every time he can get to a game he has to take photo Id to the club before the match to get his ticket released. Absolute farce.

• Sad 2

On 07/03/2023 at 18:55, little Brian said:

One particular chap  had a ticket shredded when trying to claim in a different name ! His children were in tears but a knight in shining armour with a spare ticket got him and the tearful daughter through the turnstile  ,

i think at times it’s policing overkill especially where kids are involved why waste a ticket if the owner of your group can’t go so you use it for your child to go see the game it’s ridiculous, it’s not as if you’re selling it onto a ticket tout for a profit  and they say kids are the future generation of supporters !!

29 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

So just to confirm, you travelled all the way to Southampton and wasn't let in because your daughter not your son was with you??? If so this is insane. If that happened to me, my season ticket would be returned and I wouldn't be going again.

Absolutely correct, and that’s exactly how I feel. I’ve sent an email to complain. I’m expecting a response centred around terms and conditions and nothing to do with common sense and me being a paying customer. We shall see. 

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I know a long time season ticker holder who’s had his ticket stopped because he hasn’t attended enough games. His circumstances have changed so he can’t get to many games this season, has used the resale platform up to his limit but now every time he can get to a game he has to take photo Id to the club before the match to get his ticket released. Absolute farce.

What is going on with this club? What's happened to common sense?

First the story of the guy who's uncle had died and how he was treated, now this guy left with his 7-year old daughter after one of the furthest away games to travel to. The whole general feeling from the club is absolute contempt for the fans. I used to be so proud of the way our club conducted its business, felt part of a family. Those days are long gone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy the Gent said:

Absolutely correct, and that’s exactly how I feel. I’ve sent an email to complain. I’m expecting a response centred around terms and conditions and nothing to do with common sense and me being a paying customer. We shall see. 

This is a really poor way to have been treated by the club.

Hopefully you get an apology and perhaps a free stadium tour for you and both children.

Whilst I am in cautious agreement of what they are trying to do with this initiative, in your circumstances common sense should have prevailed.

Hopefully this doesn’t stop you and your family from continuing to support, if the unthinkable happens this season we are going to need all the fans we can get.

• Like 1

For me stupid rule as long as you bought a ticket don't matter who you give it to. Just excuse to prize more money out of supporters. I can understand its stop ticket touting... but if you can't go and unable claim a refund then why not be allowed to give to a friend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Just come back from the FCC

the club confirmed 100 tickets were held back. And 45 went uncollected. So in their eyes a high percentage.

Another 10 people were found to be carrying other people's tickets in checks at the ground and refused entry.

This 'trial' is likely to remain in place for the rest of the season.  It seems a 1st offence may only result in a slap on the wrists. As you can blame anything from covid, train strikes, death in the family etc.

However there is definitely a close to zero policy on collection. Although it was mentioned ID ing a kid is a bit harder.

However repeat offenders. Could see some or all away points removed.

Also seems they are moving towards NFC although not 100% for season tickets next year. But they are looking at adding photo ID to anyone requesting a physical card. And they may well also charge extra for the privilege to try push you towards NFC.

Is this for someone else collecting the tickets? Rather than just not picking them up? Like if your car breaks down or you are genuinely ill, you can't get a refund, so surely they're not gonna say they'll punish you for that.

Proper out of touch with everyone and everything this club, I've fell out of love with them big time. Forced mobile tickets, shambles of away collection for tickets (lack of common sense, judging by the stats I can see why they are doing it even if I am against it), the list goes on...The ID thing is weird too unless the club use their 1 brain cell and make it easy to transfer ST to a friend/family member which we all know they won't, I know loads that wont be renewing if said things are true. At least that training ground and new stand will look good in a few years when Plymouth are coming to town :/ I would love to know what the clubs aim is with all of this?

19 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Won't be long until people stop going completely, I think we're about at that tipping point now tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SickoDicko said:

Proper out of touch with everyone and everything this club, I've fell out of love with them big time. Forced mobile tickets, shambles of away collection for tickets (lack of common sense, judging by the stats I can see why they are doing it even if I am against it), the list goes on...The ID thing is weird too unless the club use their 1 brain cell and make it easy to transfer ST to a friend/family member which we all know they won't, I know loads that wont be renewing if said things are true. At least that training ground and new stand will look good in a few years when Plymouth are coming to town :/ I would love to know what the clubs aim is with all of this?

Feel pretty similar. It's fairly telling that my lad has the option of supporting Leicester through me or Blades by our location. Im hardly pushing us anymore. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is this for someone else collecting the tickets? Rather than just not picking them up? Like if your car breaks down or you are genuinely ill, you can't get a refund, so surely they're not gonna say they'll punish you for that.

If someone else is stupid enough to try collect your tickets then you are daft and definitely gonna be considered guilty.

If you don't collect. As it stands they accept its difficult to prove if you did or didn't have a genuine reason.

However if you don't turn up for a few games then I think you will be consider guilty by association 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Its called ticket touting.  Even giving it away for free is ticket touting.  May not agree with the rules but it is what it is.