Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

23 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I completely agree about the not selling general sale for games such as Southampton away and Newcastle away earlier in the season. That is pure greed for membership fees over filling an away end with our own support.

However in this case I have to say I agree with the clubs stance. They have obviously identified a massive problem here, 45 tickets out of 100 is a shocking statistic which shows just how many of our tickets end up in the hands of people who shouldn’t have them.

If 90+ had been picked up by the correct people then yes we could all sit here saying there is absolutely no need for this over zealousness as we have no problem at all.

Not sure if it was you without scrolling up the entire thread but someone has mentioned all the anti social behaviour in our away ends. So someone has run on to the pitch at forest, granted but that was how many games ago? Been to a few this season and the only real trouble I’ve seen is a scuffle at spurs. Not sure what it was about but could have been anything? Don’t mean football related.. other than that apart from the odd little swear word and poor taste chant I doubt there has been much else. In fact the Leicester fan base would probably be saints compared some others.. 

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

That's absolute crap. Ticket touting is selling on tickets for stupid profit when people are desperate or have no other avenue.

Passing on your ticket to a game when you can't go to is part of the game and where common sense needs to prevail. I went to my first ever games back in 1995, 3 games in a row, because one of my Dad's friends and his son couldn't attend them, so me and my Dad went. I was hooked and a fan ever since. 

The way it's going things like that will be impossible for future fans. 

its not about selling even offering the ticket is an offence.  Look it up.

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

That's absolute crap. Ticket touting is selling on tickets for stupid profit when people are desperate or have no other avenue.

Passing on your ticket to a game when you can't go to is part of the game and where common sense needs to prevail. I went to my first ever games back in 1995, 3 games in a row, because one of my Dad's friends and his son couldn't attend them, so me and my Dad went. I was hooked and a fan ever since. 

The way it's going things like that will be impossible for future fans. 

Agreed it’s part of common practice amongst football fans but the law in relation to football defines it as an offence regardless if it’s sold on for profit or not. 

• Like 1

Just now, suffolk fox said:

You can get your little rule book and your dictionary out to prove what you want but I don't care. Football in this country is its own culture and it's how people are able to get to games when they likely never would. 

3 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Its called ticket touting.  Even giving it away for free is ticket touting.  May not agree with the rules but it is what it is.  

Exactly this.

I’m genuinely surprised how many people seem to think it is fine to just buy a ticket without any thought of if they will actually go to the game. And then closer to the time either give it to family or friends or sell it on here!  It’s pretty simple really, if you are not going to go to the game don’t buy a ticket.

Having followed England for many years it may just be more familiar to me to have to collect tickets and prove you go to places. In the 90’s you had to send plane tickets and hotel receipts to prove you had been to the country.

It may be unpopular but I can see what the club is trying to achieve here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

That's strange seeing as club including West Ham and Palace have official avenues via the club to pass on your ticket if you can't go without the need to re sell it via the club.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Bizarrely another law where if it’s football, it applies but other events not 

Law is meant for all pop concerts too etc, but, they only seem to check at football matches.  In my youth, worked for trading standards, did operations with the old bill around London, mass checks at Arsenal, spurs, Chelsea, west Ham etc  Even offering a ticket for free as I said earlier is an offence and you would be nicked for it.

If there going to go down this route. There needs to be a way where you can transfer a season ticket into someone else's name for a game or 2. My 7 year old lad ocassionly borrows my dad's season ticket if he can't make it. Be a shame to see him turfed out at the door.

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's strange seeing as club including West Ham and Palace have official avenues via the club to pass on your ticket if you can't go without the need to re sell it via the club.

In this instance it would not be ticket touting club being official body organised, rules set etc.... It would be good if we Leicester could do the same, common sense unfortunately not us.

7 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Law is meant for all pop concerts too etc, but, they only seem to check at football matches.  In my youth, worked for trading standards, did operations with the old bill around London, mass checks at Arsenal, spurs, Chelsea, west Ham etc  Even offering a ticket for free as I said earlier is an offence and you would be nicked for it.

It’s not as clear for pop concerts. The law in its wording only defines football games

The first case of someone being punished for touting on gigs etc begun in 2020 and only just got decided in Dec 2022. They couldn’t use the laws based around touting - instead having to use trading standards/company law 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s not as clear for pop concerts. The law in its wording only defines football games

The first case of someone being punished for touting on gigs etc begun in 2020 and only just got decided in Dec 2022. They couldn’t use the laws based around touting - instead having to use trading standards/company law 

Only ever did operations for football matches, may explain why pop concerts were left alone.  Yet, around Wembley in the 80s 90s any group or pop star who was on at the arena, there would be loads of touts out offering tickets for said events.

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Also, hasn't been a problem or an issue in football in the UK for decades, suddenly it's now an offence and there's people in this thread defending the club on it. Shambles.

The whole Premier League is at it.

Brighton away end will be online ticket only next season. Arsenal were kicking off at our place because their fans were being asked. Brentford next season if you miss more than five home games, you lose your priority to a season ticket for the next season. 

They are having their cake and eating it 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If the club were truly bothered by this they would allow people to return tickets that have been purchased. If you can’t make a game and have no option to return to the club, why should you take the hit financially? 

Yep one of my biggest issues with it.

Alongside doing it in such an alienating way without proper care in the process. 

And as others have said we all know how ex BS get tickets. Is the same due process being given to people who get tickets correctly or incorrectly via staff, players and corporate boxes ?

Edited by CosbehFox

53 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I know a long time season ticker holder who’s had his ticket stopped because he hasn’t attended enough games. His circumstances have changed so he can’t get to many games this season, has used the resale platform up to his limit but now every time he can get to a game he has to take photo Id to the club before the match to get his ticket released. Absolute farce.

This has to be exaggerated. I know plenty who miss more games than they go to. I know an STH who has not been to a home game since 2017. I'm all for creating a pile on, but to say the club are blocking season tickets because you do not go to enough games is not true.

32 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

If someone else is stupid enough to try collect your tickets then you are daft and definitely gonna be considered guilty.

If you don't collect. As it stands they accept its difficult to prove if you did or didn't have a genuine reason.

However if you don't turn up for a few games then I think you will be consider guilty by association 

Got no problem with people trying to collect other tickets and being done for it, it's stupid.

The problem that I and a lot of people have, is that there's no way of getting them refunded. Tickets are on sale like 6-10 weeks before the game, I don't know what shift I'll be working, I don't know whether I'll be able to make it due to family illness, we don't know whether they'll be a train strike etc. So I end up buying the ticket, and then I'll just lose the £30 because I can't attend.

Obviously it doesn't happen a lot, but the 2 or 3 times a season I genuinely can't make a game after buying a ticket, I think I should be able to sell it back to the club (much like we do with the STs), or allow someone else to use it. I suppose the odds of it being one I need to collect and it being one of the matches I genuinely can't attend is slim, but it can happen.

• Like 1

The only time I was able to return away tickets, was when I was on the away priority scheme. If you can’t return tickets, they can’t expect fans to take a thirty pound hit! I have Jewish (quick turnaround for funerals)family, I’ve had it once this season that one of them has passed away on the Friday, funeral for Sunday. Couldn’t therefore attend the Sunday game. In those circumstances surely a return is fair? Fixture was sold out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Them same faces from the ticket office who when it comes to a big game start flogging tickets are the ones who need looking at. 4 rows in the middle of the away end full of them Saturday. Vish and his cronies. 

Hear Hear :appl::appl:

Same 4 or 5 people in that ticket office getting first dibs on tickets, passing them off to their mates, acting like they run the club lol