Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The whole Premier League is at it.

Brighton away end will be online ticket only next season. Arsenal were kicking off at our place because their fans were being asked. Brentford next season if you miss more than five home games, you lose your priority to a season ticket for the next season. 

They are having their cake and eating it 

Teams like Arsenal can probably do that. Brighton, Brentford and ourselves, a poor season will have us back in the Championship and they'll be begging for you to return.

• Like 1

A fair few backing the club on their tackling of "ticket touting". So how would these scenarios pan out:

1. STH who becomes ill within 24 hours of a home match?

2. The above but for an away match?

3. STH who goes on holiday or has other commitments and thus has to miss a game (or more), but this would be known about in advance?

4. 2 people (or more) who cannot commit to attending 19 games and thus share the tickets between them throughout the season (e.g. a dad who takes their kids but only has one ST so the kids take turns)?

Genuinely interested to see what people think and how that correlates to what our club is doing right now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Them same faces from the ticket office who when it comes to a big game start flogging tickets are the ones who need looking at. 4 rows in the middle of the away end full of them Saturday. Vish and his cronies. 

This exactly, I think it was @SemperEadem who had made reference to this a few times - many of the issues the club seem to bring policies out to ban are consistently done by those working at the club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Can't believe the club hates their own fans as much as they do. Best thing about our potential relegation is some staff members evidently stealing a living might get made redundant. 

It's getting to the point where I want the club to fail miserably and realise how much they have messed up and burned relationships with those who care most about the club. Delusional springs to mind.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Mass disobedience is required. 

We need thousands of fans to refuse showing their ID. If they get kicked out then you’ve got a large crowd outside the ground protesting these ridiculous measures. 

Good idea.

In reality absolutely no chance.

• Like 2

On 07/03/2023 at 21:24, Lcfc098 said:

Anyone see the whole ticket staff army taking up 4 rows at Southampton all sitting down. Guarantee you none of them would need to have ID checks or priority points. 

Similar to the stewards at our ground. I’ve seen them drinking out of pop bottles that aren’t sold in the ground, which means they brought them in.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

A fair few backing the club on their tackling of "ticket touting". So how would these scenarios pan out:

1. STH who becomes ill within 24 hours of a home match?

2. The above but for an away match?

3. STH who goes on holiday or has other commitments and thus has to miss a game (or more), but this would be known about in advance?

4. 2 people (or more) who cannot commit to attending 19 games and thus share the tickets between them throughout the season (e.g. a dad who takes their kids but only has one ST so the kids take turns)?

Genuinely interested to see what people think and how that correlates to what our club is doing right now.

Surely these are pretty obvious.

1) If you are ill you can’t go and lose your £30. If I don’t go work I don’t get paid. If I miss a plane I don’t get a refund.

2) As above.

3) We have a resale platform for this scenario.

4) Slightly more difficult and I have sympathy but in theory it’s against the rules.  People seem to think that they actually own the seat and it’s upto them who goes in on it.  That is not the rule unfortunately. The club sells Mr Smith a season ticket, not Mr Smith and whoever he decides he wants to let go.

I have been highly critical of the club on quite a few things but on in this case I think it is correct. It is also in line with the law.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Similar to the stewards at our ground. I’ve seen them drinking out of pop bottles that aren’t sold in the ground, which means they brought them in.

Shock. Club staff walk around like they own the club. From stewards to the ticket office, it's a complete joke

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Mass disobedience is required. 

We need thousands of fans to refuse showing their ID. If they get kicked out then you’ve got a large crowd outside the ground protesting these ridiculous measures. 

I'm not sure why you think it's out of order? Preventing resale of tickets to potential troublemakers and stopping people racking up priority points who have no intention of going to most matches is a good thing surely? Likewise at home games, if you are hardly going to games and have a season ticket let those who have been waiting one for years have one who would actually attend the games.

27 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

1) If you are ill you can’t go and lose your £30. If I don’t go work I don’t get paid. If I miss a plane I don’t get a refund.

2) As above.

4) Slightly more difficult and I have sympathy but in theory it’s against the rules.  People seem to think that they actually own the seat and it’s upto them who goes in on it.  That is not the rule unfortunately. The club sells Mr Smith a season ticket, not Mr Smith and whoever he decides he wants to let go.

I have been highly critical of the club on quite a few things but on in this case I think it is correct. It is also in line with the law.

Absolutely spot on. Too many have got away with all sorts for years and are now kicking off because they are getting found out. But word of warning, don't be rational on here mate it gets you nowhere.

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

Not sure if it was you without scrolling up the entire thread but someone has mentioned all the anti social behaviour in our away ends. So someone has run on to the pitch at forest, granted but that was how many games ago? Been to a few this season and the only real trouble I’ve seen is a scuffle at spurs. Not sure what it was about but could have been anything? Don’t mean football related.. other than that apart from the odd little swear word and poor taste chant I doubt there has been much else. In fact the Leicester fan base would probably be saints compared some others.. 

It's not really the only issue. Fans with high priority points are consistently not going and selling the ticket on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

That's absolute crap. Ticket touting is selling on tickets for stupid profit when people are desperate or have no other avenue.

Passing on your ticket to a game when you can't go to is part of the game and where common sense needs to prevail. I went to my first ever games back in 1995, 3 games in a row, because one of my Dad's friends and his son couldn't attend them, so me and my Dad went. I was hooked and a fan ever since. 

The way it's going things like that will be impossible for future fans. 

Giving to a family member or someone you know is different. Selling blindly to Joe bloggs off Facebook or the internet that you don't know and could have a banning order is where the problem lies. Maybe an idea would be for each person to have a shortlist before the season of a few family members and their details etc that the ticket could go to and no one else??

35 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

2) As above.

1, 2  - So my mate gets ill i have to then sit on my own? and not pass his ticket to someone else? 

Behave. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

You can get your little rule book and your dictionary out to prove what you want but I don't care. Football in this country is its own culture and it's how people are able to get to games when they likely never would. 

You're missing the point. More people would be able to go if some people at the top of the priority ladder didn't keep racking up points, selling their ticket on and so each year and each passing match making it harder for everyone else to get a ticket. Weeding out these rats who sell their ticket every match is needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Them same faces from the ticket office who when it comes to a big game start flogging tickets are the ones who need looking at. 4 rows in the middle of the away end full of them Saturday. Vish and his cronies. 

Always the big and best games they are at, they were near me at Walsall.

13 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Just come back from the FCC

the club confirmed 100 tickets were held back. And 45 went uncollected. So in their eyes a high percentage.

Another 10 people were found to be carrying other people's tickets in checks at the ground and refused entry.

This 'trial' is likely to remain in place for the rest of the season.  It seems a 1st offence may only result in a slap on the wrists. As you can blame anything from covid, train strikes, death in the family etc.

However there is definitely a close to zero policy on collection. Although it was mentioned ID ing a kid is a bit harder.

However repeat offenders. Could see some or all away points removed.

Also seems they are moving towards NFC although not 100% for season tickets next year. But they are looking at adding photo ID to anyone requesting a physical card. And they may well also charge extra for the privilege to try push you towards NFC.

I don't understand the FCC, can anyone go? Can you just turn up?  Is there any minutes created and if so are they available? 

Were this put to the FCC or were they just told? is there any right to reply? 

Seems to me that its a very close knit of people that go and no one seems to be questioning these changes from a fans perspective....

This isn't me having a go at anyone either i am just curious to how i / others can get involved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

You're missing the point. More people would be able to go if some people at the top of the priority ladder didn't keep racking up points, selling their ticket on and so each year and each passing match making it harder for everyone else to get a ticket. Weeding out these rats who sell their ticket every match is needed.

This is the issue and there needs to be away around it. People who buy to constantly get points up and sell on, without any intention of going.

48 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If you are ill you can’t go and lose your £30. If I don’t go work I don’t get paid. If I miss a plane I don’t get a refund.

Then if you're ill or circumstances change and you can't attend enough games you get the below situation.

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I know a long time season ticker holder who’s had his ticket stopped because he hasn’t attended enough games. His circumstances have changed so he can’t get to many games this season, has used the resale platform up to his limit but now every time he can get to a game he has to take photo Id to the club before the match to get his ticket released. Absolute farce.

50 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

2) As above.

You'd rather someone lose out on £30 rather than sell their ticket back to the club to sell on?

Away games like Forest or other ones that are very popular, why can't you just sell the away ticket back to the club? The club would rather deny actual fans attending the game. Weird.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I don't understand the FCC, can anyone go? Can you just turn up?  Is there any minutes created and if so are they available? 

Were this put to the FCC or were they just told? is there any right to reply? 

Seems to me that its a very close knit of people that go and no one seems to be questioning these changes from a fans perspective....

This isn't me having a go at anyone either i am just curious to how i / others can get involved. 

So as far as I know the 4 supporter groups get an invite. Then a few years ago you could ask to be on the fcc as an ‘individual’ fan, this to my knowledge has not been opened up again since.

• Thanks 1