Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

So if i am ill prior to a game as a ST older i cant give my card to my kid or close mates who are in my official family and friends cicrle on the website.

But i can resale my ticket and the club sell the ticket to some random?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Giving to a family member or someone you know is different. Selling blindly to Joe bloggs off Facebook or the internet that you don't know and could have a banning order is where the problem lies. Maybe an idea would be for each person to have a shortlist before the season of a few family members and their details etc that the ticket could go to and no one else??

Ok so the selling on to random people is potentially a problem. But the issue here is that the club has turned down a father and his 7-year old daughter because she wasn't his son, all the way down in Southampton.

There has to be common sense used and clearly these ticketing staff have none of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

You're missing the point. More people would be able to go if some people at the top of the priority ladder didn't keep racking up points, selling their ticket on and so each year and each passing match making it harder for everyone else to get a ticket. Weeding out these rats who sell their ticket every match is needed.

You're missing the point from the post I was replying to, who implied that passing a ticket on to your friend/family member was ticket touting.

26 minutes ago, Raj said:

So if i am ill prior to a game as a ST older i cant give my card to my kid or close mates who are in my official family and friends cicrle on the website.

The club are happy wirh that though as it makes them a few quid.

It's absolute nonsense. What happens if you go wirh a young child and you're ill? Can the child not go either.

When my wife can’t attend home matches I take my 7 year old lad. Club are aware of this as I’ve moved the seats before to somewhere he will be able to see better, and they’ve never had a problem with it. 

I’m pretty sure it’s in the terms and conditions that you are able to hand the ticket to someone else, so long as they are made aware/give permission?

Away tickets is a whole different issue though. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

If there going to go down this route. There needs to be a way where you can transfer a season ticket into someone else's name for a game or 2. My 7 year old lad ocassionly borrows my dad's season ticket if he can't make it. Be a shame to see him turfed out at the door.

They don’t because they want you to resell it back to them at say £25 so they can then sell your seat again for £40

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Exactly, simple solutions. But has anyway said this to the club?

You have an ST, designate 5 'close' friends/family to which to pass your ticket onto if you cannot make it. Fine charge me £2 per person for the privilege you bloodsucking leeches

For an away game, much like the resale platform, you can list it, if it sells you get the money back, if it does not you lose your cash.

Don't buy the 'if the person i sit with is ill I am forced to go on my own!!' argument. We're all adults, do not need someone to hold our hands and tell us everything will be alright at the football. Takes away from the actual issue of it should be well easy to transfer your ticket if you need to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Shows how much certain people have been brainwashed by the club to actually believe this is the solution and the "right" thing to do. Says it all.

2 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Surely these are pretty obvious.

1) If you are ill you can’t go and lose your £30. If I don’t go work I don’t get paid. If I miss a plane I don’t get a refund.

2) As above.

3) We have a resale platform for this scenario.

4) Slightly more difficult and I have sympathy but in theory it’s against the rules.  People seem to think that they actually own the seat and it’s upto them who goes in on it.  That is not the rule unfortunately. The club sells Mr Smith a season ticket, not Mr Smith and whoever he decides he wants to let go.

I have been highly critical of the club on quite a few things but on in this case I think it is correct. It is also in line with the law.

1) That's not good enough. STH's, matchgoing fans are expected to fork out money well in advance. In unfortunate circumstances closer to the event there must be an ability to resell/reallocate that ticket. If I am ill but I know my mate or a family member wants to go, then that should be allowed.

2) Again, not good enough but a little more tricky.

3) This is fine but the way it works is not really fair. So the club are selling a £20 ticket for £40? I still think this can be approved but I agree, it's a decent process otherwise (I have used it once or twice over the past 2 years).

4) Agree it's not the rule but it almost comes under point 1

For away tickets then, why don't we just scrap all priority points? That's fair isn't it? Equal opportunities for all. It seems people think that everyone that goes to an away game just buys a ticket and sells on. Yes it certainly happens, but why not start with the club holding back several 100 tickets at some matches for their mates. Or is that OK because the rules don't cover that?

• Like 3

All of this makes me want to buy away tickets to games and deliberately not go (sadly I don't have enough prioroty points these days to get away games to prove my petty point). People have a legal right to purchasing something and not using it, even if that's annoying. That seems to be something they want to make difficult to do by these spot checks.

• Like 2

Just now, Foxes1 said:

See West Ham are trialling digital tickets for their away game at Man City but only in certain blocks.

I think Man City do this for most clubs from what I've seen of others complaining on Twitter.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All of this makes me want to buy away tickets to games and deliberately not go (sadly I don't have enough prioroty points these days to get away games to prove my petty point). People have a legal right to purchasing something and not using it, even if that's annoying. That seems to be something they want to make difficult to do by these spot checks.

Of course they do, what's making you think they don't. The spot checks are to prevent people who are not the ticket holder using the ticket, not to punish a ticket holder for not turning up.

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Of course they do, what's making you think they don't. The spot checks are to prevent people who are not the ticket holder using the ticket, not to punish a ticket holder for not turning up.

That's what's unclear at the minute, the feedback is that those that don't turn up to collect tickets, who are part of the selection during trial might be viewed as suspicious for not attending. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's what's unclear at the minute, the feedback is that those that don't turn up to collect tickets, who are part of the selection during trial might be viewed as suspicious for not attending. 

Do you not find it suspicious that 45 out of 100 did not collect the ticket on the first game you had to prove the correct person was going to the game?!

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They should absolutely be viewed of suspicious, it is suspicious. But they won't be stopped from buying tickets. I have a £9.99 flight to Luton booked next weekend because I could not see a way we wouldn't be in the cup quarter finals, not turning up to the flight now, undoubtedly will get the usual suspicious email from easyJet, they won't stop me from buying plane tickets in the future.