Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

The amount of matches we have moved will make people struggle to attend every home game. This year we've had two Thursday night games and will have two Monday and Tuesday games. That is a third of the home matches on weeknights.

If they took this into consideration then fans could give tickets back and the seats could be taken. Or, if it is such a hardship, charge the person you give the ticket to the difference between matchday and season ticket price.

Honestly don't think that many are playing the system; they are being whacked by the scheduling.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

The amount of matches we have moved will make people struggle to attend every home game. This year we've had two Thursday night games and will have two Monday and Tuesday games. That is a third of the home matches on weeknights.

If they took this into consideration then fans could give tickets back and the seats could be taken. Or, if it such a hardship, charge the person you give the ticket to the difference between matchday and season ticket price.

Honestly don't think that many are playing the system; they are being whacked by the scheduling.

Tbf again I have little time for this argument. You buy a premier league season ticket, you’re a moron if you think every game will be on a weekend and an idiot if you think you’re entitled to your money back when games get moved by TV. How many games got moved in 12/13 season, was a joke. 

Shouldn't take away from the issue that it should be very easy to officially transfer your ticket if you can’t make it!!

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbf again I have little time for this argument. You buy a premier league season ticket, you’re a moron if you think every game will be on a weekend and an idiot if you think you’re entitled to your money back when games get moved by TV. How many games got moved in 12/13 season, was a joke. 

Shouldn't take away from the issue that it should be very easy to officially transfer your ticket if you can’t make it!!

My comment was mainly a response to the post about the fan having their season ticket stopped due to lack of attendance. I fully accept matches will be moved but 6 out of 19 on weeknights is a high amount.

As you say, transfer of tickets should be straightforward and the resale platform should always be available if they are stopping you handing tickets over. Club is obviously playing a hard line whilst it is doing reasonably well, let's hope they aren't having to beg people to come if it goes completely wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Do you not find it suspicious that 45 out of 100 did not collect the ticket on the first game you had to prove the correct person was going to the game?!

The whole away end seemed a little thin on the ground to be honest despite being almost sold out (literally single figure tickets unsold).

I can understand some buying tickets weeks ago after we'd beaten Villa and Spurs, and then deciding it's not worth it.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The whole problem has came about due to the World Cup. Clubs should be forcing fifa to never let it happen again by refusing their players permission to play an extra competition in the season.

3 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Do you not find it suspicious that 45 out of 100 did not collect the ticket on the first game you had to prove the correct person was going to the game?!

I think it’s blatantly obvious that fans that get first dibs have been selling them on to retain their away points, I’ve bought tickets for away games off people I know for away games, sometimes it’s the only way of getting a ticket. I’ve always thought, get rid of the away points and sell on a first come first served from the club and a max of 2 tickets to members and sth.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

There's no justifiable reason for stopping close family members from sharing tickets. My brother, dad and I share two tickets between three of us. It works because I live outside of Leicestershire and have two young children so can't go to every game. My brother also has young children and can't attend every game. However, our dad isn't as steady on his feet these days and we don't like him going on his own, so one of us always accompanies him. Occasionally, if our dad is not feeling well, my brother and I go together.

I'm aware that this arrangement probably breaks the rules, but it seems harsh to crack down on families in this way. I'm sure lots of families have similar arrangements, and many of them will have been loyal supporters for decades.

Unfortunately I had an off the record chat after the Fcc last night, I'm in NYC for the villa game, asked If I passed my ticket to a family member to accompany lad, would that be in breach of rules. Told yes, we have got to that point. Effectively was told. If for some reason my card failed. My family member would be refused a reprint at the ticket office on the grounds they aren't me.

Club are adamant they reserve the right to know who is entering the ground and that tickets are non transferable.

Really disappointing but they seem absolutely determined to crack down on the anti social behaviour they see is tarnishing the club currently and therefore a blanket 1 rule for everyone over common sense seems the approach currently.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They should absolutely be viewed of suspicious, it is suspicious. But they won't be stopped from buying tickets. I have a £9.99 flight to Luton booked next weekend because I could not see a way we wouldn't be in the cup quarter finals, not turning up to the flight now, undoubtedly will get the usual suspicious email from easyJet, they won't stop me from buying plane tickets in the future.

I might be wrong but reading between the lines if you or I were to keep buying away tickets and keep being selected as part of this trial and didn't collect the tickets and attend the games that we'd not be allowed to keep doing that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goose2010 said:

I don't understand the FCC, can anyone go? Can you just turn up?  Is there any minutes created and if so are they available? 

Were this put to the FCC or were they just told? is there any right to reply? 

Seems to me that its a very close knit of people that go and no one seems to be questioning these changes from a fans perspective....

This isn't me having a go at anyone either i am just curious to how i / others can get involved. 

You effectively have to be invited. There was a process a few years back for a small number of supporters to apply the rest are just representing supporters groups, such as the foxes Trust, ufs, pride, DSA etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Unfortunately I had an off the record chat after the Fcc last night, I'm in NYC for the villa game, asked If I passed my ticket to a family member to accompany lad, would that be in breach of rules. Told yes, we have got to that point. Effectively was told. If for some reason my card failed. My family member would be refused a reprint at the ticket office on the grounds they aren't me.

Club are adamant they reserve the right to know who is entering the ground and that tickets are non transferable.

Really disappointing but they seem absolutely determined to crack down on the anti social behaviour they see is tarnishing the club currently and therefore a blanket 1 rule for everyone over common sense seems the approach currently.

SPEECHLESS

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

what anti social behaviour are they talking about? 

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

They’re doing a good enough job of that themselves

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

what anti social behaviour are they talking about? 

Everything from the pitch incursion at F****t, to drug use, drunk and disorderly, racial and homopobic abuse. Abuse towards staff, concourse behaviour and they suspect a lot of it is coming from people who shouldn't have tickets or are on banning orders etc but are getting hands on tickets. It was mentioned several recent arrests also don't even have any sort of buying history with the club. 

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Everything from the pitch incursion at F****t, to drug use, drunk and disorderly, racial and homopobic abuse. Abuse towards staff, concourse behaviour and they suspect a lot of it is coming from people who shouldn't have tickets or are on banning orders etc but are getting hands on tickets. It was mentioned several recent arrests also don't even have any sort of buying history with the club. 

And they seriously think holding 100 tickets back is gonna stop people who want to go from goinglol

23 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

And they seriously think holding 100 tickets back is gonna stop people who want to go from goinglol

When you say people who want to go, the club are clamping down on those they feel are trouble makers and if they have no right to tickets and are obtaining them from certain sources. There argument is cut of that supply and they can't go.

Not saying I agree or disagree, not saying I'm on board with the clubs methods and agree that those that want to may still find a way. But they have decided to take this approach and it is here to stay. And those who are selling will either stop for risk of losing their right to purchase or will be found according to the club and lose the right anyway.

20 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

When you say people who want to go, the club are clamping down on those they feel are trouble makers and if they have no right to tickets and are obtaining them from certain sources. There argument is cut of that supply and they can't go.

Not saying I agree or disagree, not saying I'm on board with the clubs methods and agree that those that want to may still find a way. But they have decided to take this approach and it is here to stay. And those who are selling will either stop for risk of losing their right to purchase or will be found according to the club and lose the right anyway.

Yeah but surely the “troublemakers” have more than one avenue of getting tickets just as everyone does. Why would they not just wait for someone who has a spare and know they’re not being selected for ID at ground and get it off of them? 

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Yeah but surely the “troublemakers” have more than one avenue of getting tickets just as everyone does. Why would they not just wait for someone who has a spare and know they’re not being selected for ID at ground and get it off of them? 

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but if the threat of being essentially banned from away games for flogging a few tickets is there the club hope it will reduce the chance. Most people who have top priority have it because at somepoint they wanted to go away and the fact they go to the trouble of buying and selling on tickets probably means they want to keep that hight priority for a reason. 

And as for the 2nd point I'd guess if this doesn't solve the issue then all 3000 of us will be collecting away tickets on the day in that City. How many are gonna go to that expense just to hand it over between 2.30 and 3pm. 

The club have identified what they see as a perceived issue and are trying to deal with it. I personally think its a load of shit and a right ball ache. However I can also see the logic and reasons behind it. 

And having had to do it in Euope in 2016/17 I think we all knew it was coming especially when there was around 120 tickets not collected on some of those occasions as well. The club love a drama and a rule to enforce it gives them all a bit of power and they crave that.