Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Southampton away - who had their ticket and ID checked ?

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yep and they were happy to take my money for my son and daughters tickets then and allowed me to upgrade them unlimited times when the kids couldn't go. Now they are saying if the kids don't go. Then no one does unless I sell it via the official platform. Wonderful service.

Exactly, I was going to saw I swear they never had an issue with this (even in the prem) all you had to do was pay the upgrade if needed. 

Edited by goose2010

Just now, goose2010 said:

Exactly, I was going to saw I swear they never had an issue with this (even in the prem) all you had to do was pay the upgrade if needed. 

Correct our 1st season back in the top flight they allowed unlimited upgrades in all areas and 8 in the family stand.

I actually upgraded both my kids tickets practically every game that season. As my lad was too young to last the 90 each week he got bored and my daughter despite my best efforts just had no interest. 

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Correct our 1st season back in the top flight they allowed unlimited upgrades in all areas and 8 in the family stand.

I actually upgraded both my kids tickets practically every game that season. As my lad was too young to last the 90 each week he got bored and my daughter despite my best efforts just had no interest. 

I thought so, my mate did similar as they are in the family stand and a similar situation. 

Baffling all this just feels like they don't want people there. Unfortunately we aren't a fan base that question these changes as it's usually far too late or done very under hand without knowledge. 

• Like 2

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Definitely. Look at this thread alone for an outpouring of sh1t ting yourself and vowing to never go again 

I was talking more so about the “troublemakers” the club have implemented this for. I’m sure an ID check isn’t going to stop them really 

25 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but if the threat of being essentially banned from away games for flogging a few tickets is there the club hope it will reduce the chance. Most people who have top priority have it because at somepoint they wanted to go away and the fact they go to the trouble of buying and selling on tickets probably means they want to keep that hight priority for a reason. 

And as for the 2nd point I'd guess if this doesn't solve the issue then all 3000 of us will be collecting away tickets on the day in that City. How many are gonna go to that expense just to hand it over between 2.30 and 3pm. 

The club have identified what they see as a perceived issue and are trying to deal with it. I personally think its a load of shit and a right ball ache. However I can also see the logic and reasons behind it. 

And having had to do it in Euope in 2016/17 I think we all knew it was coming especially when there was around 120 tickets not collected on some of those occasions as well. The club love a drama and a rule to enforce it gives them all a bit of power and they crave that.

Well, well done Susan et al. for the sterling 2-way communication on this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I thought so, my mate did similar as they are in the family stand and a similar situation. 

Baffling all this just feels like they don't want people there. Unfortunately we aren't a fan base that question these changes as it's usually far too late or done very under hand without knowledge. 

Yep it was aksed why this trial hadn't been discussed, and they basically said, we decided we needed to act now. 

Unfortunately those that sit on the FCC are definitely there for the ego trip and self serving themselves so they lap up the club rules as well. Although to be fair they probably haven't missed a game in about 3000 years and definitely don't have friends to pass tickets onto. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Everything from the pitch incursion at F****t, to drug use, drunk and disorderly, racial and homopobic abuse. Abuse towards staff, concourse behaviour and they suspect a lot of it is coming from people who shouldn't have tickets or are on banning orders etc but are getting hands on tickets. It was mentioned several recent arrests also don't even have any sort of buying history with the club. 

I can probably count on one hand the amount of banned lads who have managed to attend home or away games in this country, the FIOs know who they are so they’ll just pull them in. 

And then they’ll end up in prison anyway once they’re nicked. 

It feels to me like the club want to try and put young lads and groups of lads off going, making it a much more family friendly club. But in doing so they risk the long term future of the club, I don’t think they realise this. Are a family of 4 going to go when we’re in the Championship and a ST is still £500? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can probably count on one hand the amount of banned lads who have managed to attend home or away games in this country, the FIOs know who they are so they’ll just pull them in. 

And then they’ll end up in prison anyway once they’re nicked. 

It feels to me like the club want to try and put young lads and groups of lads off going, making it a much more family friendly club. But in doing so they risk the long term future of the club, I don’t think they realise this. Are a family of 4 going to go when we’re in the Championship and a ST is still £500? 

You may well be right. Especially on the 2nd point. With regards to the 1st. It was mentioned they definitely believe there is a new element attaching it's self to the club and they had found several people in possession of tickets that the club could find no record of. They definitely are heading down the route of wanting to know who is in every seat both home and away. 

Trying to fill a 40000 seater in a few years when they have alienated half the countyaybe difficult as well lol

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yep it was aksed why this trial hadn't been discussed, and they basically said, we decided we needed to act now. 

Unfortunately those that sit on the FCC are definitely there for the ego trip and self serving themselves so they lap up the club rules as well. Although to be fair they probably haven't missed a game in about 3000 years and definitely don't have friends to pass tickets onto. 

Yeah it sounds like they need some fresh blood going to these meetings but it certainly feels like it's basically impossible to get invited and to even get official minutes of what is being discussed/ due to be discussed seems like it isn't available for all fans to see. 

Seems pretty pointless and only do it because they have to been seen as involving the 'fans'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah it sounds like they need some fresh blood going to these meetings but it certainly feels like it's basically impossible to get invited and to even get official minutes of what is being discussed/ due to be discussed seems like it isn't available for all fans to see. 

Seems pretty pointless and only do it because they have to been seen as involving the 'fans'

The whole process is broken atm

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I'll ask UFS if they can publish them this time if we actually get them.

Or I'll see if I have the ability to share or copy and paste.

The new government white paper on football governance calls for a Fan Advisory Board at each club maybe worth keeping an eye out for info on that and getting involved.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Thanks 1

The FCC is lip service.

I used to be on it from 2014-2016.

I then stopped being invited without any reason given. Same thing happened to a couple of other active members.

Clearly they didn’t  appreciate our line of questioning.

Back on the subject matter, I do wonder if I have a black dot next to my name given I didn’t collect my Warsaw away ticket. I was ill in bed with tonsillitis. The club refused to transfer it to anyone else and wouldn’t refund me the ticket money. I suspect some one from the ticket office had an enjoyable trip at my expense!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Raj said:

So if i am ill prior to a game as a ST older i cant give my card to my kid or close mates who are in my official family and friends cicrle on the website.

But i can resale my ticket and the club sell the ticket to some random?

I put my tickets on resale for Spurs, less than 3 minutes later they were sold. 2 drunk obnoxious Americans sat in our seats, drinking neat vodka from a glass bottle!  We got some stick next home game. “Who were those awful people in your seats” I’d love to know who managed to buy those tickets.. ticket office staff said they would look into it. I have my suspicions who sold them on! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lestagirl said:

I put my tickets on resale for Spurs, less than 3 minutes later they were sold. 2 drunk obnoxious Americans sat in our seats, drinking neat vodka from a glass bottle!  We got some stick next home game. “Who were those awful people in your seats” I’d love to know who managed to buy those tickets.. ticket office staff said they would look into it. I have my suspicions who sold them on! 

Ah so you are responsible for the sealed bottle issue. As it was mentioned they had caught someone with vodka and gin in water bottles lol

29 minutes ago, Maybes said:

The FCC is lip service.

I used to be on it from 2014-2016.

I then stopped being invited without any reason given. Same thing happened to a couple of other active members.

Clearly they didn’t  appreciate our line of questioning.

Back on the subject matter, I do wonder if I have a black dot next to my name given I didn’t collect my Warsaw away ticket. I was ill in bed with tonsillitis. The club refused to transfer it to anyone else and wouldn’t refund me the ticket money. I suspect some one from the ticket office had an enjoyable trip at my expense!

What Maybes said.

I was on the FCC panel under Milan  Manderics tenure.

At the time the club received extra resources from the league for doing it.

It's just lip service, a tick box exercise.

They listen because they have to snd you go because you want to smd feel like you are making a difference.

You are not and they will do what they need to do.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Why not allow ST holders to nominate a sub for games they can’t attend?  Just one per season 

But how would the club make money out of that situation? They can’t sell it on for double the price which is completely unacceptable and far too logical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some mental scenarios being thrown around by the club here and all because they aren’t willing to change the away scheme.

I know people that have multiple season tickets, go to every away game and sell on one of their away tickets every single week which isn’t on at all but for me, as many have said, it’s another reason I’m falling out of love with the club.

Sounds like I’ve been singled out for this delightful scheme for Brentford, the joy.

• Like 1