Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

6 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

MOTD will not have any pundits or presenters. BBC headline just announced lol

That's typical BBC mealy mouthed language for "nobody agrees with what we have done and they are all full square with Gary Lineker and the right to free expression".

Really gonna enjoy watching those worms wriggle.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

But Lineker didn’t air his comment on a football programme. 

He made his comment on an open forum website whereby a person has a choice to follow that person for their opinion. 

I’m using Gary Neville as a different example of a similar thing. Lineker is followed by 8.7m people because he’s a sports broadcaster and he represents the BBC. It’s the BBC that made his broadcasting career. The BBC has impartiality guidelines that are in his contract and include personal social media accounts. He’s ignored them 

Just now, grth2004 said:

Seems to be a lot of hate on here for Gary , surely saving the club from extinction with some of his own money in the dark days should give him some support - He’s a Leicester legend to me and who cares what he says on twitter. 

The thing that makes me laugh is the same people moaning about being cancelled and woke ( stupid word) now want cancel someone for having an opinion. The worlds gone mad. 

It seems tories are happy about this yet they hate people being cancelled? Absolute idiots 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

100 with Lineker

I agree with his point, but he could have used better words than comparing to the Nazi’s. This country wouldn’t function without immigration that is for sure, plus he shouldn’t be forced to step down anyway because of a comment which was Over the top.  

Just now, lifted*fox said:

in all fairness, if it wasn't albanians it'd be english people doing the same thing. 

but that's a different argument about the failings of the war on drugs... something else this government refuses to look at sorting out in a sensible way.

Yes, I agree. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue with Albanians coming into the country. 
However, it’s pretty stupid to believe that is the main reason we should stop allowing those wanting to seek asylum in this country, to do so. Unfortunately, the Conservatives use it as ammo to be lazy in having any sort of intelligent or workable policy. 

5 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Truth mate. Who cares, just making a point......

Irony is yesterday's front page was about jailing a big Albanian drugs gang in Leicester as Gaz boy wanted more of them.

Just saying.

‘Gaz boy’ didn’t want more of ‘them’.

He like others think there is a far better way of dealing with the immigration issue than having the poxy policy suggestion. 

Target the criminals and have a proper asylum application system in place to stop the boats rather the slapstick nature the govt want to do

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 99 Problems said:

I’m using Gary Neville as a different example of a similar thing. Lineker is followed by 8.7m people because he’s a sports broadcaster and he represents the BBC. It’s the BBC that made his broadcasting career. The BBC has impartiality guidelines that are in his contract and include personal social media accounts. He’s ignored them 

He’s not solely contracted to the BBC. He’s a freelance journalist.

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, 99 Problems said:

Completely wrong , nothing about that is in his contract has been confirmed tonight. 

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

Hilarous

Everyone on here working out how to justify their city has been ravaged by drugs gangs imported from abroad.  Amusing the irony of yesterday's truth bomb.

Enjoy 🤣

you do realise english people sell drugs in england too, don't you? you do realise a huge number of english people actively choose to do drugs and they would do so whether it was matey from albania, some white guy, or the queen of england selling it to them, right? 

the abolition of drug use and sale is impossible. regulate and educate is the only way. obviously far beyond your understanding and comprehension. 

tbh i could barely make sense of your post. 

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Look into the history of the publishing group further.....

Its basically the mirror group with loads of local publications and then later down the line the Express sold into it.

To say the Leicester Mercury is a right wing rang is boarding on the best joke in a decade.

I know very well about the group. The papers do what they can to make money and play to their audience to do that. I do agree the Mercury is not particularly left or right wing though.

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

you do realise english people sell drugs in england too, don't you? you do realise a huge number of english people actively choose to do drugs and they would do so whether it was matey from albania, some white guy, or the queen of england selling it to them, right? 

the abolition of drug use and sale is impossible. regulate and educate is the only way. obviously far beyond your understanding and comprehension. 

tbh i could barely make sense of your post. 

I don't think there's a lot he realises about this world tbf going on his posts in this thread 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Look into the history of the publishing group further.....

Its basically the mirror group with loads of local publications and then later down the line the Express sold into it.

To say the Leicester Mercury is a right wing rang is boarding on the best joke in a decade.

Rag.  Bordering.  

My own local paper is owned by Reach.  It, like the Mercury, seeks the lowest common denominator and the click bait stories.  It is, indeed, a right wing rag full of anti- immigration stories whipping up hatred.  If you are right wing then, of course, you will see it as a reasonable and objective publication.  

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Gaz boy’ didn’t want more of ‘them’.

He like others think there is a far better way of dealing with the immigration issue than having the poxy policy suggestion. 

Target the criminals and have a proper asylum application system in place to stop the boats rather the slapstick nature the govt want to do

If the government had any 'balls' to do this, they would've done it a long time ago.

8 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

If our scumbags in government can blow billions on defunct PPE and failed tracing scenes ect, they can afford to home people and look after them.

The money is there, its just put in the wrong places

And to say we need to look after our own, there's more of our own killing the system than people who come here from abroad 

Ahh you say that but from a Tory perspective you're totally wrong...

They put that money into the pockets of friends, business associates, doners and people for whom they will "work" as extremely well paid consultants when they leave office.

But stupid people forget when it's election time and remember the rabble rousing of creatures such as Braverman.

15 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

in all fairness, if it wasn't albanians it'd be english people doing the same thing. 

but that's a different argument about the failings of the war on drugs... something else this government refuses to look at sorting out in a sensible way.

Yes, yes and thrice yes! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

I think the crux of it us the fact he said Nazis. If he'd had chosen a different way to put his honest and well intentioned views across then there might have been less of an issue for some. 

But a lot of what the Tories are doing are actually in line with 1930 Nazi party policies

It's a not even a reach to look for comparisons

• Like 3