Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I was going to suggest this but presumed it was a contractual obligation in consideration of what the clubs receive but I suppose if there’s no exact stipulation then an unused sub or assistant coach, with all due respect to their roles, could be the clubs token gesture interviewee. Or Filbert?

Oh please let this happen.

Put up a strange character whose only purpose is to amuse children and those with simple minds...

Chelsea could have David Mellor!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I can only imagine it was one of 3 things insaw last time I went

1. Just off the centre there was a huge road full of tents with I'm aiming were Syrian refugees (I went just after the last big invasion when Russia got involved and displaced huge numbers of them)

2. The large number of black men (mainly around Eiffel) selling tat which wasn't a thing so much 15 years ago, but are very common in most European cities now and always been common in beach resorts 

3. The amount of tourist scammers around like the friendship bracelet scams, petition girls, magic tricks ect which have been around for decades

Either way, he was probably trying to imply it was a immigration issue, completely disregarding the close ties France has with its previously colonial past and links with a lot of African nations (hence why there is a lot of Algerian, Mali ect people in France and strong African ties to their national team)

But nah, for the sake of that clown let's say the whole of Paris is a migrant super city ragghhh

Yes because that sort of knowledge would imply some level of education.

Also when applied to the UK provides a clear illustration as to why not every asylum seeker decides to stop in the first safe country they land upon (although most do)  but instead, that country they feel most affiliated to be it through history, culture, family etc, even if that journey becomes more lengthy and dangerous because of that. 

Billions of them in fact...

What with all the cheating, VAR and s****ness of officials, its getting in from the pub slot and the absence of any post match analysis a lot of people are going to be a bit confused as to what the f*** they’ve just watched. There’s a certain coldness to the Sky highlights where you can have the biggest of controversies but the final whistle comes and credits roll (like being there you may say), no interpretations, opinions or focused reflection of the true narrative of what we’ve just seen, yes highlights mean highlights, short, snappy, bite sized best bits but the lack of anyone calling the decisions to order when they’ve clearly influenced the result in many of the games is going to be odd. Ironically it’s the kind of unquestioned matter of fact presentation that Gary would be so against.

11 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

What with all the cheating, VAR and s****ness of officials, its getting in from the pub slot and the absence of any post match analysis a lot of people are going to be a bit confused as to what the f*** they’ve just watched. There’s a certain coldness to the Sky highlights where you can have the biggest of controversies but the final whistle comes and credits roll (like being there you may say), no interpretations, opinions or focused reflection of the true narrative of what we’ve just seen, yes highlights mean highlights, short, snappy, bite sized best bits but the lack of anyone calling the decisions to order when they’ve clearly influenced the result in many of the games is going to be odd. Ironically it’s the kind of unquestioned matter of fact presentation that Gary would be so against.

People are probably a bit tired of the endless VAR decisions chat so might come as a light relief to not have any. 

• Like 1

Mad world where an opinion results in job losses. Nothing new though. Le tiss had the same. Nasty culture were living in now where you're literally forced into having a certain opinion or your livlihood is at stake.

• Like 1