Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Anything that shuts him up to me he's just become a know it all smug boring irritant. He's certainly not worth the £1.5m salary.

No longer watch MOD. anyway

Not justifying his salary but to put it in context Zoe Ball "Earns " over £900k....that's ZOE BALL.

Good on Gary.

This is just because he has hammered the Government.

The sh1t arsed Government  that the BBC Chairman gave £400k to the twatty party!!!

It's all bo11ox and I hope the fellow presenters all stand behind Jug ears and boycott.

Cant wait for MOTD presented by Alex "I will take anything" Scott... 

• Like 1

Just now, Raj said:

Not justifying his salary but to put it in context Zoe Ball "Earns " over £900k....that's ZOE BALL.

Good on Gary.

The sh1t arsed Government  that the BBC Chairman gave £400k to the twatty party!!!

It's all bo11ox and I hope the fellow presenters all stand behind Jug ears and boycott.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Unlikely, but what he said was a bit ridiculous still. Anyway I liked him on MotD so disappointed he has stepped down 

Was it rediculous? 

It's quite clear to see policies infringing on rights to vote, rights to protest, rights for immigrants to settle where they decide to and many others be blocked by policies in the last two year's

It's nice to see someone with a public voice stand up for those who don't. Many wish more would do that but yet when it happens gammons all kick off because those with different skin colour want to settle here. Very few saw problems with Ukrainians moving here from a war torn country, yet war torn Syrians escape here and it's an issue?

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Murdering your own citizens and those of territories you occupy because you do not like their race, religion, sexual orientation or politics is not in anyway comparable to seeking to secure a sovereign border from unlawful entry.

In layman's terms he is a f++king idiot and deserves whatever comes his way.

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Good on Gary.

Easy tiger.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Would love to see the decent fans amongst us and with a moral compass back him vocally somehow tomorrow. And bollocks to those nutjobs than don't agree with him. 

I would love is to pit sone effort into dissing Rodgers 

Edited by foxinsocks

He's being used as a distraction to take the focus off what the government are doing. And they're getting exactly what they want. All the headlines and talk are about an ex-footballer turned presenter tweeting something, rather then the policy itself. 

I think he's right to voice his opinion and take a stand. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Good on Gary.

I firmly believe that the BBC should be the training / proving ground for presenters, comedians, actors in fact all roles. They shouldn't and don't need to be paying exorbitant wages to established and already well paid stars. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Murdering your own citizens and those of territories you occupy because you do not like their race, religion, sexual orientation or politics is not in anyway comparable to seeking to secure a sovereign border from unlawful entry.

In layman's terms he is a f++king idiot and deserves whatever comes his way.

My friend , this is Leicester , England's leading multicultural city. Lineker is one of ours and this city is no fan of these Tory creeps so your opinion is an extreme outlier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

I firmly believe that the BBC should be the training / proving ground for presenters, comedians, actors in fact all roles. They shouldn't and don't need to be paying exorbitant wages to established and already well paid stars. 

That should be the case, but the BBC has to exist in the same market economy as Sky, ITV and the rest of it.

If you get rid of their high value talent, then people would just question what they're paying for, they can't win in that regard.

Sadly, the BBC has been shutting down a lot of its previous entry level talent roles, not least the recent huge scaling back of local radio.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, davieG said:

Anything that shuts him up to me he's just become a know it all smug boring irritant. He's certainly not worth the £1.5m salary.

No longer watch MOD. anyway

Honestly was expecting a much better take from you on this, you obviously don’t like him and that’s fine, but you’re happy to waive aside peoples rights to have a belief on their own private account and for them to lose their job for saying something that’s objectively true? 

• Like 3