Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

Guest David Oldfields Gate
13 hours ago, Diffco said:

He mentions 1930's nazi party language, as in the start of their rise to power. He doesn't mention 1940's Nazi brutalism, which what it turned into. He has a point. 

Thanks.

For interest Dachau "opened" in 1933. So it is easy to see how references to that period could be taken in any number of ways. I detest this current government but Joseph Goebbels and the tactics of the strong arms was on another planet compared to where we are, in my opinion of course.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's just all a bit of a farce, isn't it? Should never have got this far and only the Tories can be blamed. 

They don't like it when you speak out against them. So they try and divide those that support that person/group. 

The Tories are the reason this country has absolutely gone to shit and this whole Lineker situation is a fantastic reason why. Amongst several others. The people in the party are slimy, smarmy, corrupt, rude, abusive, divisive, immoral. They lack so much humanity. 

It’s true, but at the same time, they clearly speak to/for a (thankfully diminishing) sizeable portion of the population - that scares me far more than a bunch of money grabbing self serving politicians 

• Like 1

I think that if there was a chant in support of Lineker at the match today, a significant portion of Chelsea fans would join in. The trick would be to do it as a goal is scored.

Tellingly, it wouldn't be featured on MotD.

Scoreline of 3-2, but they don't show any of the goals lol

• Haha 2

Just now, David Oldfields Gate said:

Thanks.

For interest Dachau "opened" in 1933. So it is easy to see how references to that period could be taken in any number of ways. I detest this current government but Joseph Goebbels and the tactics of the strong arms was on another planet compared to where we are, in my opinion of course.

He didn’t say it was exactly the same

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anyone able to give a short nuetral summary of what's actually happened as I've been out the loop for a couple of weeks. Like what was actually said and what the actual policy is? 

Ich bin ein Braverman.

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think that if there was a chant in support of Lineker at the match today, a significant portion of Chelsea fans would join in. The trick would be to do it as a goal is scored.

Tellingly, it wouldn't be featured on MotD.

Scoreline of 3-2, but they don't show any of the goals lol

A significant portion of Chelsea fans are currently polishing their boots in readiness to follow the call and go goose stepping down King’s Rd.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You don't have to like him to also realise he has every right to say what he said.

Yep it’s not about Lineker, it’s ultimately just another example of having your freedoms hinged upon because you don’t share the governments view on the world. Your right to protest, strike and give your opinion is now heavily censored compared to a few years back. Not all of us buy into this hateful rhetoric that ALL asylum seekers are wronguns (I admit some may be like in any population), that transgender people are somehow a threat to women, that young people are all woke lefties who want to destroy Britain. 

Edited by Lionator