Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Did you boycott the world cup? 

I did, but if you want to say others do the same then lead by example 

Lineker didn't come under any fire from the Beeb when he was calling out Qatar whilst representing them. This could end up with a dangerous situation for the country.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Won’t be long till he’s back in again

...like Berlusconi, he will keep coming back, as people like a rogue, they are never held to any kind of standards, that is for the serious politicians who put a foot wrong!!!

Populism is what we are going to be governed by. The people on the street sees some people, who have many flaws (Johnson, Trump et al) as one of our own, (he is just like us).

We are going to drift into a world where these despots control the world we live in.

No football  focus either.

Good to see the presenters all backing Lineker.

BBC will have to fo dome serious arse kicking over this.

Sit back and watch this soap opera, much more entertaining  than Eastenders!

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

All roads lead back to David Cameron. It was him who opened Pandora’s Box and created this division in the country with his needless, absurd, vanity project referendum that no one really wanted, because of a small bit of infighting within his own party that would’ve cost them maybe 3 or 4 seats at most.

Remember after the 2012 Olympics when the country was celebrating a wave of general good will and it felt like it all brought us together? The country changed notably since the language and rhetoric of the 2016 referendum. 

Cameron should be remembered by history as the Sulla of the modern era who sowed all the seeds for the current mess.

I actually didn’t mind Cameron as a politician, but there is something in what you say.

Membership of the EU was never a priority issue before the referendum. Then the result split the country in two and Brexit was pursued with an almost religious fervour and a fairly, centrist, Conservative Party moved inexorably to the right. The issue not helped by the fact that Corbyn’s Labour was virtually unelectable to all, but those who are already converted to a left wing political doctrine.

The country’s been in turmoil ever since 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Lineker didn't come under any fire from the Beeb when he was calling out Qatar whilst representing them. This could end up with a dangerous situation for the country.

...he was towing the line for the BBC, the company that he works for!!!

They gave him the message he had to read, that came from the BBC, he might have wholeheartedly agreed with it, but the BBC, felt that they had a duty to give him that speech to read out.

Hypocrisy yes!!!

Hope the fans show their support for him today.

I've not read this thread but I'm guessing there are a few who dislike him and favour what Braverman has said.

He is one of our own and has been great for our club. He deserves our support.

If the fact that he earns over a million a year bothers you you probably don't want to know what Vestergaard et al are on for doing nothing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So, this is escalating rather quickly 

As the famous advertising guru once said "You can't have principles unless they cost you something". If Lineker has strong political beliefs then he should walk away from his grossly overpaid £1.5 million contract and follow the correct democratic route and sit as a candidate for Leicester South.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Yep

Age  Remain Leave

18-24 73% 27%

25-34 62% 38%

35-44 52% 48%

45-54 44% 56%

55-64 43% 57%

65+ 40% 60%

But facts are facts 

The Year of the City 2274 will change all that 😉 

I hate when people describe Lineker as the ‘liberal elite’, he literally grew up between new parks and brauny whereas the ones calling him that were all too busy at oxbridge. Surely his path from nothing to rich man is the Tory dream? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

No football  focus either.

Good to see the presenters all backing Lineker.

BBC will have to fo dome serious arse kicking over this.

Sit back and watch this soap opera, much more entertaining  than Eastenders!

I admire their solidarity but it's an empty gesture. Honestly didn't know Football Focus was still a thing. Last time I watched it Bob Wilson was probably presenting it. They'll probably get more viewers by replacing it with a repeat of Celebrity Pointless.

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Huh?

Not that I watch match of the day much now, only when we've done well, and even then skip to our game and don't bother with the rest, but no god forsaken boring analysis from ex players, and more of the actual football highlights will make for a better programme in my eyes.  Don't need all the boring waffle in between the games anyway.  If i was in control of the BBC, there wouldn't be any pundits on match of the day, just a presenter, and the football. I also wouldn't have co commentators on the live games too, usually either giving their biased opinions, or stating the bleeding  obvious! It won't be, but this would be a chance for them to have a proper reset in the way football is broadcast. More Football, and no pundits!

Edited to say, I've no idea why I've replied to your quote Unabomber! lol Apologies.

Edited by smudger63

21 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Did you boycott the world cup? 

I did, but if you want to say others do the same then lead by example 

Yes I did plus. Not that's it's any of your business though. Plus Qatar too far to go.

25 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Yep

Age  Remain Leave

18-24 73% 27%

25-34 62% 38%

35-44 52% 48%

45-54 44% 56%

55-64 43% 57%

65+ 40% 60%

But facts are facts 

The term 'oldies' is a bit infantile. You'll be old one day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Apologies perhaps the correct term is irregular entry. 

No need to apologise, my issue here is not with you or anyone that uses the phrase, the government officials have been using that sort of wording for years now, even though they know that by definition it’s not illegal, so I don’t blame anyone using it, the government repeat it over and over so that people do use it without really noticing.