Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Anyone who thinks this isn't a concern; I teach A Level History and one of the topics is Mussolini and the rise of Fascism.

Please, if you don't think it's a concern that Gary Lineker, a footballer who made one tweet in disagreement with the government, has been told to shut up, read up on Mussolini's use of the media. 

The only thing this government lacks in comparison is Mussolini's subtlety.

The+headquarters+of+Mussolini%2527s+Ital

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Again, we are supposed to be vigilant that such a situation does not happen again, not pretend it can never happen again. And trying to imply that refugees are all criminals is exactly the type of thing we need to avoid. In almost all cases they are refugees because countries like us have ****ed their country over.

I didn't imply that they are criminals. Countries have borders for reasons. Some countries unlike Britain have spent hundreds,thousands of years fighting for their independence and way of life, you have to respect those borders otherwise you're insulting every person that has fought for their freedom.

Their is a legal process in place to enter this country as is in every other country in the world and it must be respected.

Sorry am I missing something here fellow Leicester fans ??

• Like 1

I'll pose a few questions not specifically on his views but on migration in general.

1) we need food haven't been self sufficient since before WW2 , since the the population has exploded. Can't keep sacrificing farm land for houses!

2) utilities, again can't keep flooding farmland for reservoirs, sewage works, wind farms. We scrape by with electricity with the mass closure off coal plants. We import electric from Europe, Gas well we all know the cost of this.

Doctors appointment and hospitals, near to breaking point, yes I know the government hasn't helped but, neither has migration.

Crime has a lot of organised gangs from eastern Europe, what's the easiest way for terrorists to gain access.

Schools are at over capacity.

We are the most densely populated country in Europe 

• Like 1

• “Football Focus has been replaced by Bargain Hunt on the BBC One schedule, shortly after presenter Alex Scott said it "doesn't feel right" to go ahead with the show “

Excellent! There hasn’t been an episode of this on for ages 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Two_Pints_of_Lager said:

I'll pose a few questions not specifically on his views but on migration in general.

1) we need food haven't been self sufficient since before WW2 , since the the population has exploded. Can't keep sacrificing farm land for houses!

2) utilities, again can't keep flooding farmland for reservoirs, sewage works, wind farms. We scrape by with electricity with the mass closure off coal plants. We import electric from Europe, Gas well we all know the cost of this.

Doctors appointment and hospitals, near to breaking point, yes I know the government hasn't helped but, neither has migration.

Crime has a lot of organised gangs from eastern Europe, what's the easiest way for terrorists to gain access.

Put down the lager, you’ve had too much to think. 

• Like 1

On Lineker, didn't see him take the moral high ground when receiving his pay packet for the world cup in fact all of them. Bit like Hamilton when your getting paid it's fine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Disappointed this morning to see a post of mine with at least 16 laughing face reactions deleted. My ego feels bruised and quite frankly my Saturday has been significantly dented. Thanks for that Foxestalk! 

Same I was trying to find that again this morning to have another laugh at it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

I didn't imply that they are criminals. Countries have borders for reasons. Some countries unlike Britain have spent hundreds,thousands of years fighting for their independence and way of life, you have to respect those borders otherwise you're insulting every person that has fought for their freedom.

Their is a legal process in place to enter this country as is in every other country in the world and it must be respected.

Sorry am I missing something here fellow Leicester fans ??

People fought for borders?  How do you think they can get asylum here?  We closed safe routes and those open aren't open for anyone.  Plus what about those who are victims of trafficking?

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

People fought for borders?  How do you think they can get asylum here?  We closed safe routes and those open aren't open for anyone.  Plus what about those who are victims of trafficking?

I understand what you're saying and I sympathise with those people but unless we stop this craziness people will be living on our streets in their hundreds of thousands within 10 years and that's just not right