Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

8 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Murdering your own citizens and those of territories you occupy because you do not like their race, religion, sexual orientation or politics is not in anyway comparable to seeking to secure a sovereign border from unlawful entry.

In layman's terms he is a f++king idiot and deserves whatever comes his way.

At least read the tweet properly first before spouting off.

• Like 3

Just now, Mike the Metal Ed said:

That should be the case, but the BBC has to exist in the same market economy of Sky, ITV and the rest of it.

If you get rid of their high value talent, then people would just question what they're paying for, they can't win in that regard.

Sadly, the BBC has been shutting down a lot of its previous entry level talent roles, not least the recent huge scaling back of local radio.

Maybe we wouldn't need to pays as much then.

Personally I’m getting sick of football pundits getting political. The way Gary Neville has woven his Labour supporting views into Sky Sports shows at times has been sickening to watch. 

I don’t like the new refugee policy and I don’t like the Tories. The last person I want to hear from on the matter though is Lineker or Neville 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

I firmly believe that the BBC should be the training / proving ground for presenters, comedians, actors in fact all roles. They shouldn't and don't need to be paying exorbitant wages to established and already well paid stars. 

that's BBC3 and it's shite

• Haha 1

The government know what he's trying to say and somewhat is telling the truth (albeit in a very strong, controversial way).

They seem to take action if no one agrees with what they're doing/don't agree with their agenda.

Edited by Wymsey

The bill isn’t even a serious attempt to fix the problem, it’s an election play. Tory party vs ECHR. They don’t even care about fixing it. No coverage is about the bill, it’s about Lineker. The whole thing is a farce and totally transparent.

BBC is afraid of the Government, it has pretty much always toed the line of power. 

Waste of oxygen, the whole thing. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Diffco said:

You just know Jenas will do it

he must be the favourite  …….. I would love it if no one would do it …… but surely the beeb must have someone contracted in case of illness etc 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It’s pretty mental to me. He’s stepping down due to pressure that was caused by the media in response to government pressure, creating a circus of nonsense over something that was said that is clearly evidenced as a legitimate opinion? 

Sure people can argue the toss over what is fascist and what isn't, but there’s absolutely no argument that Bravermans language is purposefully used to incite division and can be viewed as facist. 

The fact the government have the power to put public pressure on people for having an opinion leading to hysteria and them stepping down is fascism in itself. 

I don’t think he’s stepping down - I think he’s been stood down ….

2 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I mean the licence fee was frozen for a decade, so it's not like it's gone up above inflation. It's not a cheap business.

No but as you say they've been and continue to make cuts across the board whilst paying these large unnecessary, in my opinion salaries. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Gary doesn't ever make any reference to his political views when he's working for the BBC or specifically on MOTD though. I really don't care too much what his views or unless wildly offensive or dangerous, so why should this be a problem?

Because the BBC is supposed to be impartial, the fact an individual agrees with what he says in any given instance should not be a factor.

Edited by Dahnsouff

13 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Murdering your own citizens and those of territories you occupy because you do not like their race, religion, sexual orientation or politics is not in anyway comparable to seeking to secure a sovereign border from unlawful entry.

In layman's terms he is a f++king idiot and deserves whatever comes his way.

massive problem with the premise of this. 
Firstly, the government have removed the majority of “legitimate” means of entry into the country since 2010. 

Secondly, by the governments own guidelines, turning up on the beach in a boat is NOT illegal and it is a legitimate means of arrival. 

There is not a single law in this country as far as I’m aware that deems it unlawful entry, the governments own website advises people to arrive first, then make a claim. 

This idea we are fighting an “illegal invasion” it utter nonsense. It’s not illegal, it’s not unlawful. The government just keep saying it is because they know people are too lazy to actually check. 

• Like 2