Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

14 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Well it's not rocket science. A couple years ago it was  a few hundred,  now up to 44,000, throw in more sophisticated boats , word of mouth, cheaper crossing fees.

You'll be talking half a million a year before 2030. Where are they going to be housed ??

I'm sure all those welcoming migrants to our shore will take in 1 or 2.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is why it should be against the law for politicians to lie. Vulnerable people like marcymaev666 believe it. This is exactly how fascism took hold on Germany, repeated lies from the government and people believed it.

So can you give me the correct  figures and explain to me how they're not going to explode.

Before the game preferably!

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

As a side point its incredible how many different ways people have found to misspell Lineker lol It's not that complicated is it?

Ought to constitute an instaban 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiny earl said:

I’m going to be a bit late today just finishing my placard

TAX DODGING BASTARD

He’s not dodged any tax, maybe you should direct you anger at our ridiculous complex tax laws around non-PAYE contractors which allow people to pay less tax than one would think is acceptable. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

For context, this is strictly speaking about those that cross the Channel illegally.

For those that do take on the risk for “family connections” in the UK, what about the women in their lives back home?

Mums, sisters, girlfriends, daughters?

“90% of migrants who crossed Channel were male, Home Office reveals

Nine in ten of all migrants who crossed the Channel last year were male, official figures have revealed”

Taken from the Times 

for additional context, the claim they're crossing illegally is a lie. under the Geneva convention on refugees (Article 31) there are no illegal routes to entering a country for the purposes of claiming asylum. They can be routes that typically would be illegal entry into the country however you can't criminalise them in this scenario:

"The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence, on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of article 1, enter or are present in their territory without authorization, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence."

Posted the below stats from UNHCR yesterday:

"More than 7 in 10 of all refugees under UNHCR’s mandate and other people in need of international protection come from just five countries.

Syrian Arab Republic 6.8 million

Venezuela 5.6 million

Ukraine 5.4 million

Afghanistan 2.8 million

South Sudan 2.4 million"

So the 5 largest countries of origin, 3 of which have either been occupied, colonised or had military intervention from ourselves. No doubt this will be met with "what about the Albanians though"

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

I hate when people describe Lineker as the ‘liberal elite’, he literally grew up between new parks and brauny whereas the ones calling him that were all too busy at oxbridge. Surely his path from nothing to rich man is the Tory dream? 

...the Tory dream is to keep what they have, and pull up the draw- bridge!!!

27 minutes ago, Otis said:

I'm sure all those welcoming migrants to our shore will take in 1 or 2.

The biggest joke about the whole thing is that Lineker did!

Nobody is saying that there should be uncontrolled illegal migration to our shores. They want less divisive language and legal means so that actual refugees can claim asylum and ones who don’t meet criteria can be deported. 

it’s also much bigger than that, it’s about free speech and authoritarianism. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Posted the below stats from UNHCR yesterday:

"More than 7 in 10 of all refugees under UNHCR’s mandate and other people in need of international protection come from just five countries.

Syrian Arab Republic 6.8 million

Venezuela 5.6 million

Ukraine 5.4 million

Afghanistan 2.8 million

South Sudan 2.4 million"

So the 5 largest countries of origin, 3 of which have either been occupied, colonised or had military intervention from ourselves. No doubt this will be met with "what about the Albanians though"

This is why we need more safe and legal routes, to cut out all the background noise, as don’t we only have 3 currently? Afghan, Ukraine and Hong Kong?

• Like 1