Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

BBC is as about as corrupt and Tory biased as it's possible to get. If someone was paying you millions a year, wouldn't you be be biased in their favour?

The whole shit stinks

You're aware of course it's the Tories that want the BBC to scrap it's funding model and go subscription/ ad based into the future? Hence the BBC pumping out "Our BBC" ads ever since like it's as beloved as the ****ing NHS? BBC is full of lefty Labour luvvies who want nothing more than a Starmer govt. The BBC biased to the Tories is just a Corbynite Urban Myth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ousefox said:

It's a sad poison from the media they expose themselves to. Easy reading like the Sun, Mail, Express, and Facebook posts where unfortunately they're unable to think critically in reaction to news events. 

There's also 'common sense' ideas that the likes of Farage spout which might appeal to people if they can't and won't dig a little deeper. 

People don't understand the impact of the policy, people don't understand how you can enter the country legally, and hear inflammatory comments from a Government which is resigned to using culture wars as their only hope of winning the next election. 

I think there's a certain percentage of the population, as there is with the MAGA right in the States, who have minds that sadly can't be changed - they are in too deep. The recent Fox News scandal is an hilarious example of this. 

We just have to hope there are enough decent people in the centre ground to avoid us having to appease these people any longer.

The problem is, as you have suggested, is that the majority of people have no real in-depth understanding of what goes on. 

They read the attention grabbing headlines in the press and then read the utterly watered down or biased reports on page 5 or whatever, and believe to be "true". They may be factual but there's a heck of a lot of political spin, whichever mainstream newspaper you read. And it's mainstream media that floods our media outlets.

I just feel society is too easily led by junk in so many areas. Not Just to sell papers.

• Like 2

Just now, Craig said:

Imagine booing one of our greats.. one of our greats that practically saved the club. 

We do seem to have a weird minority of fans who do this sort of things, to embarrass the normal fans with this sort of thing.

Just don't understand it.

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

You're aware of course it's the Tories that want the BBC to scrap it's funding model and go subscription/ ad based into the future? Hence the BBC pumping out "Our BBC" ads ever since like it's as beloved as the ****ing NHS? BBC is full of lefty Labour luvvies who want nothing more than a Starmer govt. The BBC biased to the Tories is just a Corbynite Urban Myth.

Is that why the 2 top jobs are occupied by Tories 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I'm certainly not a "Corbanyte" and I agree the whole "it's our BBC" is rank self-publicising. 

The lefty Labour luvvies will have no say in how the BBC moves forward, but the immediate discussion is about an individual making crass and ill thought out remarks being slapped down by a media outlet because it potentially affects their (for now) government sponsors.

The ONLY reason the Gov want the BBC to go to a subscription based model is MONEY.

It's a bit like free at the point of need in the NHS. They'd ditch that if they could and we'd then be paying to access it.

Edited by Parafox

9 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Richard Sharp.  Is he a Corbynite Urban myth or is he the Chairman of the BBC? 

And Robbie Gibb. The guy that moves between working for the Conservative Party and the BBC. Knighted by The Tories in May's resignation list as he was her Director of Communications. After previously having a lot of say over the BBC News/Politics output during Brexit. And is currently on the board of directors of the BBC.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 1

Just now, Guesty said:

And Robbie Gibb. The guy that moves between working for the Conservative Party and the BBC. Knighted by The Tories in May's resignation list as the was her Director of Communications. After previously having a lot of say over the BBC News/Politics output during Brexit. And is currently on the board of directors of the BBC.

Sorry but he's a figment of your feverish Corbynite imagination, whether or not you're a Corbynite. 

1 hour ago, Joe90lcfc said:

So anyone who doesn’t have your soft views are being MANIPULATED?  There will be a lot that come over illegally no matter what LEAGL plans the government put in place!! I find it completely unacceptable that the working tax payer should be subsidising these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!! I’m done with this thread before I get banned 

I promise you nobody cares if you leave this thread lmao 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Imagine booing one of our greats.. one of our greats that practically saved the club. 

2) Post. One of our "greats" he may well have been but he has been outspoken during the the past few years.

And when you're outspoken expect brickbats as well as plaudits. I think it's something to do with ageism.

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

2) Post. One of our "greats" he may well have been but he has been outspoken during the the past few years.

And when you're outspoken expect brickbats as well as plaudits. I think it's something to do with ageism.

You’re always telling me how great the owners are, and yet here you are criticising a bloke who actually saved the club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Lineker was super right wing or an extreme nationalist I wouldn't like him either despite his huge contribution to this club, so I understand perfectly well why people who are City fans who aren't left wing don't like Lineker. If Vardy came out as a reincarnation of Tommy Robinson I certainly would actively hate him. 

49 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Lineker was super right wing or an extreme nationalist I wouldn't like him either despite his huge contribution to this club, so I understand perfectly well why people who are City fans who aren't left wing don't like Lineker. If Vardy came out as a reincarnation of Tommy Robinson I certainly would actively hate him. 

Linekar is not left wing.  Not even close.  Comparing his views as somehow as extreme on the left as Robinson or an extreme nationalist is on the right is frankly ridiculous. 

And herein lies the problem, the whole debate has been pushed to the right by our lovely media.

Now, by expressing any opinion which does not align with this sh1t show of a government or the Daily Mail, you are immediately labelled as a left wing loon.

So I don't understand fans booing a club legend who made a factually accurate statement about use of language by a Tory government and who was subsequently censured by a Tory Chaired BBC.

Please don't make excuses for these imbeciles. 

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Like 3