Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

How does the taxpayer subsidise illegal migration, illegal immigrants can’t claim benefits because they are illegal. You cannot claim anything until you are in the system.
If they are in the system, they aren’t illegal. 

how can you not grasp this? 

Do you have to ask? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

How does the taxpayer subsidise illegal migration, illegal immigrants can’t claim benefits because they are illegal. You cannot claim anything until you are in the system.
If they are in the system, they aren’t illegal. 

how can you not grasp this? 

Who do you think pays for their rescue, housing, food, clothing, medical healthcare and education bills?

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Who do you think pays for their rescue, housing, food, clothing, medical healthcare and education bills?

They aren’t illegal though. 
The governments own website literally says you must first arrive then claim. 

They arrive then start the asylum/refugee process, at which point they are not illegal. Again, this isn’t hard to grasp. 

3 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

£7 million daily in hotel costs.

Immigration costs the UK around £1 billion a year according to the deplorable Migration Watch, which I am sure inflates the numbers.  But let's use that as an example.  

Truss' mini budget cost the UK economy an estimated £30 billion.  That's enough money to fund immigration for 30 years.  

Can we please send Truss and indeed all the Tories who voted her into office to Rwanda immediately they are costing us the taxpayer a fortune? 

• Haha 2

The whole issue with the BBC and Lineker is that he’s being told he’s not allowed to voice his opinion, that he isn’t allowed freedom of speech. That is the fundamental issue here, regardless of where you sit on immigration law etc.

So can everyone stop being nobs to each other for having a difference of opinion please? Otherwise you are no better than the beeb!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Which is money reinvested directly into the economy as opposed to hundreds of billions being lost to tax policy. 

wonder which one is the issue here? Ah yes the immigrants. 

It isn't reinvested back in to the economy. It goes into the pocket of the hotel owners and the staff are replaced by immigration staff. The migrants aren't subsidised enough money to spend in the local area either which has a knock on effect, especially in the small seaside towns where the whole town is relying on holiday makers spending.

Just now, Tim1974 said:

It isn't reinvested back in to the economy. It goes into the pocket of the hotel owners and the staff are replaced by immigration staff. The migrants aren't subsidised enough money to spend in the local area either which has a knock on effect, especially in the small seaside towns where the whole town is relying on holiday makers spending.

Are hotels not part of the economy? Not taxed? Don’t pay wages? Don’t expand through loans and reinvest money back into their business? 

The seaside towns have been underinvested for over 50 years. Again, another government and local government caused problem that you’re attributing to migration. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dooflip said:

The whole issue with the BBC and Lineker is that he’s being told he’s not allowed to voice his opinion, that he isn’t allowed freedom of speech. That is the fundamental issue here, regardless of where you sit on immigration law etc.

So can everyone stop being nobs to each other for having a difference of opinion please? Otherwise you are no better than the beeb!

I agree that he should be allowed to voice his opinions but let's be clear amd I agree with the sentiment of your post but let's be clear, his freedom of speech HAS NOT been infringed in any way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Who do you think pays for their 1) rescue, 2)housing, 3)food, 4)clothing, 5)medical healthcare and education bills?

1) rescue, the taxpayer. Because they need to not die? A basic human right.

2) Housing, the taxpayer. Because they need shelter. A basic human right. The claimant will still have to pay their own bills by the way.

3)Food. A basic Human right? Foodbanks and voluntary organisations where the claimant is unable to provide for themselves.

4) Charities. Already and for years providing clothing and essentials 

5) They don't qualify for non emergency healthcare or education without being in the benefits system. If they're here illegally they won't get anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dooflip said:

You mean can we please stop freely debating with each other?

I may think you are a nob, but I defend you're right to be a nob to the bitter end! 

Generally I mean, not saying I think you are a nob because I don't.