Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

26 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

How does the taxpayer subsidise illegal migration, illegal immigrants can’t claim benefits because they are illegal. You cannot claim anything until you are in the system.
If they are in the system, they aren’t illegal. 

how can you not grasp this? 

You can claim a free 5 star hotel room.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It's always crazy when the money argument comes up. 
- Tax avoidance, hundreds of billions lost
- Brexit, 40bn lost last year in tax revenue, which would be over 100bn in trade
- Track and trace, billions
- PPE scandals, billions
- Liz truss and her lapdog, 30bn+ 
- Covid 19 fraud cases 15bn
- 13 years of chronic underinvestment under the guise of "living within our means"
- Record profits for energy wholesalers in one of the most blatant and disgusting corruptions in history whilst we pay the price

Government: "LOOK, BOAT PEOPLE!"

It's only because of the topic title that this hasn't been shut down yet

I await the mods response...

Edited by Parafox

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Sorry, i've been reading through some of the comments on this thread and honestly it's becoming hard to tell who's serious or not, I'm dumbfounded by some of the  illogical crap being spouted on here lol

What I do know is that not one person on here can do anything about people migrating, so it’s pointless being serious.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You’re always telling me how great the owners are, and yet here you are criticising a bloke who actually saved the club. 

3) Post.You seem to be telling me he saved the Club single-handedly and we all know that is not true. He was part of a consortium.

Irrespective of that, which is water under the bridge, it has nothing to do with his latest outspokenness.

Or is it a case of being rich and famous he can say and do exactly as he likes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

3) Post.You seem to be telling me he saved the Club single-handedly and we all know that is not true. He was part of a consortium.

Irrespective of that, which is water under the bridge, it has nothing to do with his latest outspokenness.

Or is it a case of being rich and famous he can say and do exactly as he likes?

He was a big part of a consortium, probably the one with the most money.

But that’s water under the bridge? Alright then.

People can say what they like regardless of money and fame. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He was a big part of a consortium, probably the one with the most money.

But that’s water under the bridge? Alright then.

People can say what they like regardless of money and fame. 

Definitely a big part, he led the press conference didn't he? Certainly the public face of it. Jon Holmes I think his name is, Lineker's agent was also part of it and was chairman? It was 20 years ago so can't remember exactly.

Basically Gary was a huge part of the takeover.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

The BBC would surely be within their rights to suspend or sack all those that went awol today in support of Lineker, and probably should, breach of contract. This is a dispute between Lineker and the beeb. 

That'll really calm things down lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

The BBC would surely be within their rights to suspend or sack all those that went awol today in support of Lineker, and probably should, breach of contract. This is a dispute between Lineker and the beeb. 

They won’t do that  because what they want is for them all to return and everything to go back to normal. Besides, it would turn the situation into even more of a PR catastrophe than it already is.

Edited by ClaphamFox

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

And have literally nobody prepared to present a football program for then