Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
East Langton Fox

Gary Lineker steps down from MOTD

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

AGAIN.

THEY DOING SO BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY SAFE OR LEGAL ROUTES, NO COMPETENT LEGAL PROCESS FOR THEM TO USE.

BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT CLOSED THEM OFF.

YOU. ARE. BEING. MANIPULATED.

STOP. TRYING. TO. RATIONALISE. WITH. IDIOTS. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

I don't care what era it is, who is in power, I don't believe that anyone has the right to turn up at these shores and claim asylum without going through the legal process.

PERIOD.

Turning up here by any way you can and claiming asylum is the legal process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It may be the beginning of the end for the chairman and DG, but it won’t be the downfall of the beeb ……

That will be the start.

It wont be the end though mark my words..

I think this is probably how it went.

“Gary, we’re going to need you to tone down on your political social media presence, we’re are an organisation that needs to be seen as impartial and as a major face of the organisation, it isn’t good with your large following to be seen to attack the current government, can we count on you failing this down in the future.”

”no, I will continue to tweet what I like”.

”okay, you leave us with no choice then…”

for me, I don’t agree with linekers views, but he can say what he likes for me, however if the BBC is to be impartial, I can understand why he creates a problem for them. Id be happy if Lineker, Wright, Shearer and Scott were removed and their wages put towards giving OAP’s on state pensions a free TV licence.

Lineker has free speech, he can quit his £1,4m contract and say what he likes, liberties many don’t have.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Turning up here by any way you can and claiming asylum is the legal process.

That’d be a flight where you can present your documents and request a claim for asylum then, rather than paying people smugglers thousands to cross the channel, destroying your documentation and getting legal aid to fight the govt whilst getting hotel accommodation at the tax payers expense. Not that I blame the migrant, just that I doubt the legitimacy of the claim for asylum 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lineker actually turns up on an Amazon type football show like Jeremy clarkson did with top gear.

Was joking earlier about how Lineker, Shearer and Wright could be the football equivalent of top gear...

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

That’d be a flight where you can present your documents and request a claim for asylum then, rather than paying people smugglers thousands to cross the channel, destroying your documentation and getting legal aid to fight the govt whilst getting hotel accommodation at the tax payers expense. Not that I blame the migrant, just that I doubt the legitimacy of the claim for asylum 

They've closed all the safe routes, so it's the only way they can get here. Once they are here, if they claim asylum they aren't illegal. We should maybe try processing them quicker, rather than shoving them hotels for years on end. Blame the Tories for closing the routes, blame the tories for not processing claims quicker. None of this is the fault of the people on the boats even if their claim isn't legit. If its not legit we can send them back if we stopped dragging our feet over the processing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

“Gary, we’re going to need you to tone down on your political social media presence, we’re are an organisation that needs to be seen as impartial and as a major face of the organisation, it isn’t good with your large following to be seen to attack the current government, can we count on you failing this down in the future.”

for me, I don’t agree with linekers views, but he can say what he likes for me, however if the BBC is to be impartial, I can understand why he creates a problem for them. Id be happy if Lineker, Wright, Shearer and Scott were removed and their wages put towards giving OAP’s on state pensions a free TV licence.

Lineker has free speech, he can quit his £1,4m contract and say what he likes, liberties many don’t have.

For balance perhaps the BBC need to review if Lord Sugar leaves The Apprentice or bin the show

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think this is how it went. 

Splinterdream: “Jeez, this bloke earns loads more money than me and yet he expresses more care about other people than I can ever muster.”

No one: “…”

Splinterdream: “Gah! Why don’t people listen to me like they do Gary Lineker?”

Still no one: “…”

Splinterdream: “Damn, now I’m really angry. Ima posting some nonsense on a football forum about how people should only be allowed to express an opinion if they no longer draw a salary from doing an unrelated job.”

No one cares. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They've closed all the safe routes, so it's the only way they can get here. Once they are here, if they claim asylum they aren't illegal. We should maybe try processing them quicker, rather than shoving them hotels for years on end. Blame the Tories for closing the routes, blame the tories for not processing claims quicker. None of this is the fault of the people on the boats even if their claim isn't legit. If its not legit we can send them back if we stopped dragging our feet over the processing.

Let’s take this step by step. 
As far as I’ve read (you can prove me wrong) the 1951 refugee convention states you can get to a Country by any means necessary ad claim asylum, so why is flying here a problem? Because you need ID, that’s why. 

i don’t blame economic migrants for wanting to better their lives but that’s what many of these are, and a Country can’t have undocumented economic migrants coming into the country in uncontrolled numbers, the rate the population is increasing puts a strain on services.

even if you process these people straight away, where are they going to go? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TJ Fox said:

You are being gaslit beyond belief.  Lineker/Wright/Shearer's wasges are an absolute drop in the ocean to what the people running the news corps earn and they are the one setting the agenda on all this culture wars bollocks.  Give some of Sunak's money to pensioners, give some of Dacre's cash to those who can't feed themselves, even Alan Sugar can keep people warm over winter.

Eks7YzDUYAAgIFE.jpg

I agree there’s an imbalance between the rich and the poor, and I’d like to see people not have to migrate for a better life, but my main concern is for myself, my family and my daughters future , then that of the people who have put into the system their whole lives.

Take a look at this interview with if you want to see what labours mass immigration policy was all about.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I think this is how it went. 

Splinterdream: “Jeez, this bloke earns loads more money than me and yet he expresses more care about other people than I can ever muster.”

No one: “…”

Splinterdream: “Gah! Why don’t people listen to me like they do Gary Lineker?”

Still no one: “…”

Splinterdream: “Damn, now I’m really angry. Ima posting some nonsense on a football forum about how people should only be allowed to express an opinion if they no longer draw a salary from doing an unrelated job.”

No one cares. 

Scroll on then if you don’t care.

• Like 2