Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Chelsea - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Why are we completely replacing the defence and keeper? 

yep, 4 new players are in to save us. 

*Edit All 4 new players did acl’s in the first training session, big dan is back in 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

I’m sure he can. But we are living in cuckoo-land if we think Iversen is better. But, I confess, there seems no harm in trying now 😞

I think you’re right re iversen but I’d rather we got hammered week in week out trying something different instead of getting hammered week in week out persevering with a keeper we know is useless. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Ward should still be at Wrexham, that's about his level. His reactions, anticipation and judgement are all poor. No goalkeepers are perfect and all make mistakes, but he only saves shots straight at him. If he wasn't so busy pointing for the first he would have got down and saved it. Tim Howard on US stream thought it a clear keeper error

That would be very harsh on wrexham

• Haha 1

Just now, Death by Football said:

I think you’re right re iversen but I’d rather we got hammered week in week out trying something different instead of getting hammered week in week out persevering with a keeper we know is useless. 

Exactly. He's willing to pick his team sheet via tombola but Ward stays in there being ****ing useless every week. I don't get it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Unfortunately you can’t have the worse keeper in the league coupled with one of the most naive defence and not forgetting Captain Teflon.

Let’s face it we’re fcuked and sliding straight into the Championship.

The communication between keeper and defence is arguably the most important on the pitch. I don't see a whole lot of it going on and when your keeper is as error prone as ours is the defence have to overcompensate. It's just a complete mess. It's doing my absolute nut in every single week. It's been like this all season. At some point you have to see it as sabotage I swear. 

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We’d be a decent side if we actually had a defence.

Is something some of us have been saying for a couple of seasons…

And Souttar by the way, is making no difference.

Amartey and Faes.. you’d struggle to find worse at this level 

"Some of us." Not picking an argument here because at the heart we agree - but virtually everyone has known that we need to improve in defence for the best part of 18 months now - we've been far too soft for far too long. 

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Let the shackles off second half we've got nothing to lose now. Incapable of defending. Attack attack attack

We were attacking in the first half but certain players seem to stink out most attacks.  So many times Castagne will be closer to their goal yet take too long or not even attempt a cross into the box and just pass back to the cbs. If Souter passes to Amartey instead of passing out, the ball ends up slowly to Ricardo, rinse repeat

and we lose it. Nacho seems to have gone back to pinball bumper mode. 

4 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

Hes a **** mate the blokes a ****ing weasel

Fofana and Mahrez behaved like brats. Chillwell and Maguire didn’t, yet both get huge amounts of stick. 

He has moved on, we have moved on… it’s done. But still a portion of our fanbase still treat one of our ex academy players like crap. 

I would have done the same if I was him. I was at Stamford bridge to see drunken and/or rage induced angry men abuse him. Fair play to give back

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 1

wow - we are 0-3-11 in 1 goal games this season

let me rephrase

WE HAVE NOT WON A SINGLE GAME BY 1 GOAL THIS SEASON. We play football, not basketball or cricket or rugby

that is absurd

has a league team ever not won a single game by one goal throughout the course of the season?

Edited by Bats8711

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

"Some of us." Not picking an argument here because at the heart we agree - but virtually everyone has known that we need to improve in defence for the best part of 18 months now - we've been far too soft for far too long. 

When Col says "some of us..." we know he means I TOLD YOU SO EVERYONE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1