Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Chelsea post match 1-3

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Im off out to watch an evening of boxing ‘down town’. Probably a good thing before the FT playground gang spark up.

I’d say one thing first though. Get yersens a decent stream and watch the games before you post in the match thread.

Anyone suggesting that Souttar had had ‘a solid game’ today clearly hadn’t done that. Chelsea scored three, VAR chalked another two off and this was a side who, before today, had scored sod-all in 6/7 league games.

We WUZ wide open at the back. The only thing I’d add is that Big Dan was worse and Faes was worse still.

If Rodgers doesn’t sort out the defensive side of our game, we will be relegated. Of that I have no doubt.

Anyway, at fear of saying ‘I told you so’, over and out and have a decent evening.

Hmmm

Edited by turtmcfly

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Im off out to watch an evening of boxing ‘down town’. Probably a good thing before the FT playground gang spark up.

I’d say one thing first though. Get yersens a decent stream and watch the games before you post in the match thread.

Anyone suggesting that Souttar had had ‘a solid game’ today clearly hadn’t done that. Chelsea scored three, VAR chalked another two off and this was a side who, before today, had scored sod-all in 6/7 league games.

We WUZ wide open at the back. The only thing I’d add is that Big Dan was worse and Faes was worse still.

If Rodgers doesn’t sort out the defensive side of our game, we will be relegated. Of that I have no doubt.

Anyway, at fear of saying ‘I told you so’, over and out and have a decent evening.

Have you ever posted anything else?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

A poor system and game plan cost us. 

So the two chances from 3 yards out don't 

matter? The Chilwell goal should be saved, that doesnt matter? Any one of those three and its a totally different game regardless of game plan or formation

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Potter changed Chelsea to a back 4 to respond to our change of shape. So it had Potter concerned enough to do something about it.

I agree we were on top, so making the change at that point probably wasn't needed. But then if he makes no changes and we lose, people will say he didn't change things fast enough.

I am personally not the biggest fan of XG, but these are the stats from this match:

We made enough chances to get something, but our defence cost us -  always a potential problem when playing a high line. We aren't getting it right, meaning it's too easy to get in behind and get high quality chances as a result.

FWIW, I am not supporting the manager. 16 defeats in 26 games would see any manager sacked. Doesn't matter if it was Fergie, Klopp or Guardiola. Ranieri was sacked for much less, and he won us a Premier League title.

I’d imagine 0.8 of that xG is KDH being on the goal line and scuffing it. Perez got murdered for a harder chance than that. 

• Like 3

After that interview he sounded like he knew he’s on a knifes edge sounds like he’s given up yes he’s telling us what we want to hear about his job to get things right, then when asked about some fans calling for him to go he knew he’s on his way soon if he’s to go he needs to go now whilst we have a break after Brentford time for a change I believe it needs to be whilst we still mathematically have a chance of staying up !

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but if we get relegated, I'd blame Top more than I would Rodgers.

Rodgers is doing his job.  If he's not doing it correctly,  or well enough,  then Top should take action.

It's not down to Rodgers to resign and give up his income.

Top is absolutely clueless and has made the club a mockery.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Potter changed Chelsea to a back 4 to respond to our change of shape. So it had Potter concerned enough to do something about it.

I agree we were on top, so making the change at that point probably wasn't needed. But then if he makes no changes and we lose, people will say he didn't change things fast enough.

I am personally not the biggest fan of XG, but these are the stats from this match:

We made enough chances to get something, but our defence cost us -  always a potential problem when playing a high line. We aren't getting it right, meaning it's too easy to get in behind and get high quality chances as a result.

FWIW, I am not supporting the manager. 16 defeats in 26 games would see any manager sacked. Doesn't matter if it was Fergie, Klopp or Guardiola. Ranieri was sacked for much less, and he won us a Premier League title.

I’m all for making changes when we’re being over-run/outplayed. Today we were well in the game, had some chances and he went and nullified us.

Personally, I’d have been happy with no major changes and go for it at 2-1 down. If we’d done that and lost 3-1, fair enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

I was walking to the pub after that dross and, despite the snow being totally gone, this poor sod was still standing.  It reminded me of me after their third goal.  Compress_20230311_172932_2735.thumb.jpg.064fd29fd4be244fd4741785840ac25c.jpg

Or Danny Ward for the 2nd (I haven’t watched it back, sorry if that’s harsh, feel free to substitute whichever goals were his fault in)

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So the two chances from 3 yards out don't 

matter? The Chilwell goal should be saved, that doesnt matter? Any one of those three and its a totally different game regardless of game plan or formation

No the chilwell goal isn't relevant. We all know ward isn't good enough yet he persists with him. As for the 2 chances that didn't go on you can point to Chelsea playing through us with relative ease over and over again and argue they should have scored more. Disallowed goals not included. 

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Or Danny Ward for the 2nd (I haven’t watched it back, sorry if that’s harsh, feel free to substitute whichever goals were his fault in)

I don't need to watch it back.  Absolutely dire.  He did make that excellent save as well but overall why, why is he still in goal for us? 

6 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’d imagine 0.8 of that xG is KDH being on the goal line and scuffing it. Perez got murdered for a harder chance than that. 

To be fair - Perez' actually was an easier chance somehow

Edited by Bats8711

1 minute ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Probably, that was a gilt edge chance. But even if that goal is scored, that makes it 2-2. We concede way too many goals. First two today were really bad ones, first one is not being switched on after clearing an initial corner and the second one is poor game management and bad keeping. TBH even the third one was preventable, but they got in behind so many times, that sooner or later one was going to go in.

Our games against teams around us will define if we stay up or not. That last game against West Ham has relegation decider for both teams written all over it.

• Like 1