Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Chelsea post match 1-3

51 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The place felt flat from walking in today. I can’t blame anyone because that’s exactly how I feel going at the moment. There’s no energy about this team even when we’re having a go. Ward made some good saves second half, but cannot excuse the goalkeeping for the first and second. Any enthusiasm has drained from the squad and the fans. Our defending is shambolic. Faes looks a different player to pre World Cup. We leave ourselves exposed time and again. I feel relieved that I can’t go to another game until Bournemouth! We are sleepwalking to relegation and there doesn’t seem any concern about it from the club. It’s completely stale. Rodgers has done his time. It’s gone stale and I don’t trust him with putting this team back together 

After we scored and we actually looked like we were trying, showed some grit and determination along with a few 100% tackles, the ground got going! Just shows that a bit of drive from the players can do wonders for the crowd. All we want is for them to show some passion and want! 

• Like 3

Just now, squidsworth said:

Hmmm, he was shit for the first 30 at least. Mendy was the best player, and guess what, BR (twat) took him off! 

Yeah, Mendy had a good game too. 

Subbing him for Soumare was insane. Ndidi possibly, but Soumare? He offers nothing defensively nor offensively.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Yeah, Mendy had a good game too. 

Subbing him for Soumare was insane. Ndidi possibly, but Soumare? He offers nothing defensively nor offensively.

His subs cost us the game, we weren’t doing too bad before then and looked like we could score, so why the change? Just more strange decisions being made at key moments 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We have no CBs who can play a high line , yet we do. In a different system they are decent players but Rodgers refuses to see it. The high press demands a high line so something has to give.

...a lack of communication in the backline is the problem!!!

Players not moving up at the same time and leaving a player deeper than he should be is the cause. Ricardo playing players on side. Faes darting out, catching Souttar off guard.  This should all have been sorted out before they got on the pitch.

Faes tendency to charge out of defence is causing us a lot of problems,  we needed to take that impulsiveness out of his game the second time we noticed.

This team carries the same bad practises week in and week out. It really makes you wonder, what does the coaches do? 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, mrburns1000 said:

Col sounds mad tonite, really mad. What a horrible day. 

Mad mad!

I’ll give you mad!!

Ive just returned home from a very entertaining’s evening of boxing, to read that people are STILL posting that they thought (wait for it…..) Amartey had ‘an ok game’!

FFS! Haven’t you had enough of watching this shite!

I swear, people will still be defending Big Dan as we idly plummet into the second tier! And will not apologise for doing so!

Rant over!

😂

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Mad mad!

I’ll give you mad!!

Ive just returned home from a very entertaining’s evening of boxing, to read that people are STILL posting that they thought (wait for it…..) Amartey had ‘an ok game’!

I swear, people will still be defending Big Dan as we idly plummet into the second tier! And will not apologise for doing so!

Rant over!

😂

I was just amazed Chelsea didn’t start passing to him, their most creative player today.

Just beyond bored of repeating myself. We're down if he sees the season out. We have a chance if he doesn't.

The only possible positive that can come from that game is that Top was there to witness quite how utterly dreadful it's gotten.

If he survives this, which he's likely to, then we are down. This would confirm there is nothing he can do this season to get the sack. Top was there to witness that and if that isn't enough to turn him, I really don't know what is.

Leicester City 2022/23 - the club that gave up. Utterly unforgivable from every one of them. They can all **** off even if we somehow get out of this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I get the strong sense that Rodgers has decided his subs before the game rather than in response to what is actually happening during the game.  His in game management stinks.

That’s a very good point I think you are right cos they made no sense in game at all

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Mad mad!

I’ll give you mad!!

Rant over!

😂

Who said Amartey had an OK game? I haven't read any posts like that. I have read posts from you which sound like you didn't watch the game at all though.

9 hours ago, nnfox said:

First time Chelsea have scored 3 in a game since beating Wolves in October.  They've played 25 games in all competitions since then.  Prior to today, they'd scored 4 goals in their previous 8 games.

Teams must love playing against us.

I was there it could have been 5 if not for var as usual the officials gave us F all & at 1-1 blatant elbow/handball by the Judas Fofana should have been a penalty, then who knows 🤷‍♂️

ST HOLDER of 35 years & I've seen some dross but our players have NO FIGHT in them so fearing the worst 😳😳

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not just celebrated, he taunted us. In fairness though I don’t get the boos for him. He left when we wanted to sell. Academy player.

Unlike Fofana who forced his way out.

Agreed.  And frankly after having been booed like that, most guys would have rubbed it in their faces a little.

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Mad mad!

I’ll give you mad!!

Rant over!

😂

They will say that Big Dan should be given a new contract as he trains well, and would do well in the championship, which he wouldn’t. There are better defenders than him in the championship. 

14 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Ehhh? I stated individual errors. Clearly ward was at fault so its massively relevent.  Amartey scores, different game, KDH scores, different game, you can't deny the facts.

And why do these ‘individual errors’ happy week in week out? Nothing to do with the fact the squad has zero confidence and is running on empty? I assume that has nothing to do with the manager and his staff no?

If you’re genuinely not the belief that it is because they are crap players, why is he picking them and not changing anything?

Theres so much more wrong with your post here but I can’t even be bothered to go there. Not worth the energy….

Same old errors. 

A high line consistently picked off. Further highlighted by his subs at 70 minutes when you take off the most effective midfielder and replace him with a waste of time. 

Soft throughout the team too. 

Took off the one player testing their back line too 

Edited by CosbehFox