Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Chelsea post match 1-3

Our backline is an absolute shambles, how many goals has their been when one player is 5 yards deeper than the rest of the backline.

Amartey has been, and will continue to be an absolute liability in a back 3 or back 4. I think it was Bournemouth away where he was CB in a back 3 and players were STILL getting in behind and around him. Absolute dross. 

Faes, after a couple of promising performances when he first joined has turned into an absolute car crash. Again, positionally he’s atrocious. He’s a ‘foot front’ defender (sometimes), yet far too often is the moron at the back who is 5 yards deeper than the rest of the backline and playing players onside.

It’s the absolute pure basics of defending and we’ve shown we are 100% incapable of being organised, it’s abysmal. Is this defensive coach responsible for this or is it set pieces only? We’ve semi got set pieces sorted so let’s focus on defensive shape now shall we!??

Related to the above, Bodgers is 100% culpable for these failings as he’s got Soyuncu in this squad who, even when playing crap, is 10 times better than Amartey. I’m not sure Evans will improve us much, but surely he can’t be any worse than Faes or Amartey.

Ps, Ward should be released on a free after letting that monghole score the opener! Geez!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Not just celebrated, he taunted us. In fairness though I don’t get the boos for him. He left when we wanted to sell. Academy player.

Unlike Fofana who forced his way out.

Let's remember that, for no apparent reason, he began to get barracking from a group of 'supporters' whenever he began to advance up the byline. With fans like that dissing him, it's hardly surprising he wanted out.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Our backline is an absolute shambles, how many goals has their been when one player is 5 yards deeper than the rest of the backline.

Amartey has been, and will continue to be an absolute liability in a back 3 or back 4. I think it was Bournemouth away where he was CB in a back 3 and players were STILL getting in behind and around him. Absolute dross. 

Faes, after a couple of promising performances when he first joined has turned into an absolute car crash. Again, positionally he’s atrocious. He’s a ‘foot front’ defender (sometimes), yet far too often is the moron at the back who is 5 yards deeper than the rest of the backline and playing players onside.

It’s the absolute pure basics of defending and we’ve shown we are 100% incapable of being organised, it’s abysmal. Is this defensive coach responsible for this or is it set pieces only? We’ve semi got set pieces sorted so let’s focus on defensive shape now shall we!??

Related to the above, Bodgers is 100% culpable for these failings as he’s got Soyuncu in this squad who, even when playing crap, is 10 times better than Amartey. I’m not sure Evans will improve us much, but surely he can’t be any worse than Faes or Amartey.

Ps, Ward should be released on a free after letting that monghole score the opener! Geez!

I agreed with your post until I saw your term ‘monghole’. I’m assuming you’ve spelt what you meant to write incorrectly.

If you did mean to write what I thought you meant to write then you should be ashamed of yourself.

This is 2023 ffs.

Guest Col city fan

Just look at the defending in these highlights.

It really is Sunday League stuff.

Just watch it and see if you think that Amartey was ‘ok’ and Souttar was ‘solid’. As for Faes…….

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just look at the defending in these highlights.

It really is Sunday League stuff.

Just watch it and see if you think that Amartey was ‘ok’ and Souttar was ‘solid’. As for Faes…….

The second goal should’ve had all three of them released on a free. That’s lack of ability, coaching and sense. 

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The second goal should’ve had all three of them released on a free. That’s lack of ability, coaching and sense. 

The second goal is almost a farce. No, it IS a farce.

You won’t see many goals conceded like that one at Premiership level. All three CB’s and Ward literally stood and watched. It is what it is… Mickey Mouse defending.

And unless I’m mistaken, watch the shot where Felix nearly scored.. Souttar isn’t even in the frame?! Where was he?

Edited by Col city fan

All this terrible defending has to be coaching and also the coaching of the keepers has to come into question. It’s been a problem for far too long. Also, Amartey and Soumare need to be dropped. Both are liabilities. Mendy should have played 90mins.

It’s just got the feel that we’ll be playing championship football next season. If we do. We won’t have any strikers as they’ll all want to leave, no real midfield and a defence that needs a slap. A lot of money needs to be spent, but will it be there if we go down? 

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I would like to see Iversen play next week  drop ward, can't see that happening tbh 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Away from our performance for a second, the amount of time spent down injured by players was ridiculous. Every few minutes there's a player lying on the ground

The first fifteen of the second half literally nothing happened because of players feigning injury. 

• Like 1

We are defending like cnuts but we have a manager insisting on a high line with players in defence who aren’t quick and a midfield what can’t press effectively. 

The answer is staring him in the face after the victories v Spurs and Villa…which was replicated in the ten minute spell in the first half yesterday. We thrive in chaos - we thrive when the game is like basketball. Stop the control waffle and take the hand break off. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The injury feigning is clearly now (or for a long time) being used solely to break the rhythm of the game and kill any momentum or pressure you are achieving. Funny how it’s happening in those few spells where we get a head of steam and look close to clicking yet when they have us on the ropes they seem to suffer no mysterious injuries at all.

Also yet again I hate to say it but we need someone in the refs ear for 90 minutes like the arrogant super 6 do. Every Chelsea player on his ass was warranted a stoppage and a physio, we had one where we had to put the ball out first and another where he just gestured to Nacho to get up and get on with it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We are defending like cnuts but we have a manager insisting on a high line with players in defence who aren’t quick and a midfield what can’t press effectively. 

The answer is staring him in the face after the victories v Spurs and Villa…which was replicated in the ten minute spell in the first half yesterday. We thrive in chaos - we thrive when the game is like basketball. Stop the control waffle and take the hand break off. 

A few times yesterday Madders was visibly frustrated at the refusal of those behind him to play the early forward ball to him and he’s there in each and every training session and briefing where it’s drilled into them to play safe, he must be frustrated as hell, as well as being a class above his team mates they’re not being allowed to utilise him fully. I’d love to see if those frustration made it to the dressing room and what Rodger’s take on it was. Watching three CB’s play keep ball when we’re behind in the game, at £60 a ticket, is torturous. 

18 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The injury feigning is clearly now (or for a long time) being used solely to break the rhythm of the game and kill any momentum or pressure you are achieving. Funny how it’s happening in those few spells where we get a head of steam and look close to clicking yet when they have us on the ropes they seem to suffer no mysterious injuries at all.

Also yet again I hate to say it but we need someone in the refs ear for 90 minutes like the arrogant super 6 do. Every Chelsea player on his ass was warranted a stoppage and a physio, we had one where we had to put the ball out first and another where he just gestured to Nacho to get up and get on with it.

I think Sven when he was here got the players to disrupt any momentum the opposition had with 'injuries'. It's nothing new but it seems to have increased lately.

3 things. I fail to see how VAR couldn't have given us a pen with the Fofana elbow, it was a stone wall pen every day of the week.

Surely Chelsea's second was offside by a considerable margin. Chelsea's players were fully expecting it to be ruled out.

Ward and our defence in general are crap.

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

Let's remember that, for no apparent reason, he began to get barracking from a group of 'supporters' whenever he began to advance up the byline. With fans like that dissing him, it's hardly surprising he wanted out.

No, he got stick when he started listening to his manager and started turning back and giving the ball to centre halves or keeper repeatedly “keeping the ball at all costs”. The minute he signed for Chelsea his starting point was halfway at worst bombing forward repeatedly. Rodgers out!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

3 things. I fail to see how VAR couldn't have given us a pen with the Fofana elbow, it was a stone wall pen every day of the week.

Surely Chelsea's second was offside by a considerable margin. Chelsea's players were fully expecting it to be ruled out.

Ward and our defence in general are crap.

They couldn’t believe that our defence managed to be so terrible to play him onside - wasn’t even really close either - no need for lines.  They were also shocked by ward’s contribution 

image.png.2dd4978a2b40974f125fd98f8d83bc93.png

Edited by st albans fox

19 hours ago, squidsworth said:

Well, I gave some big shout for Rodgers out, I was the only one. Everyone looked at me as if I was weird, just shows no one give a crap what happens to us anymore. Shit club, and fanbase.

Or maybe people have different opinions?

• Like 2