Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swarles Barkley

Your turning point?

5 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Interested to know for those who are Rodgers out, when was the turning point for you?

Likewise, if you think we’re going down, when did your head turn? 

is it fair to say i’ve switched sides a few times. I like to think i’m rational about it and happy to be proved wrong by him. 

Last season he should have gone on about 3 occasions, spurs and forest in particular. They should have been enough to lose him a job, 

But when he turned it around towards the end of season he probably justified getting to start this season (despite the glaringly obvious bigger issues he was creating) But purely on results, you can see why we kept him. 

it’s toxic but i think until key players like madison go to the board and say they want him gone.. i think he’s safe 

Easily the defeat to Forest in the cup last season. Such a rancid run leading up to that game and such an embarrassing performance in that game made me think we were heading towards trouble. I wanted BR gone then. 

So depressing. I am lost for words! 

Edited by Suffolk exile

It was very early last season - I can’t remember the game but it was a consistent period of bad defending. 

I know who I support and I don’t expect that without a very rich sugar daddy/mommy that we will ever be a consistent top 6 club. However, the very least I expect, regardless of what division we are in is organisation. The ability to do the basics well and that like anything else in the world comes from the back office work. It was clear as day to me that we were not prioritising that - what we see now virtually every game is that lack of attention to the basics. It’s no longer an error, it’s habit. 

We let the standards drop and they’ve continually dropped for 18 months. 

He had credit in the bank so I was "ok" with end of last season although it would've been justified after Forest in the cup.

I do think finishing 8th after a good end to the season playing relegated teams or teams on the beach completely papered over the cracks of how bad the rot had set in last season.

26 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

Forest in the cup last season.

We were beyond shit before that and it just came to a head in that game.

Thought we'd be relegated after Southampton last week.

This for me, there were signs the previous season with the drop offs which caused us to lose 2 champions league spaces. The forest game confirmed to me that he doesn't inspire the team anymore.. it's criminal he's survived as long as he has.

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

is it fair to say i’ve switched sides a few times. I like to think i’m rational about it and happy to be proved wrong by him. 

Last season he should have gone on about 3 occasions, spurs and forest in particular. They should have been enough to lose him a job, 

But when he turned it around towards the end of season he probably justified getting to start this season (despite the glaringly obvious bigger issues he was creating) But purely on results, you can see why we kept him. 

it’s toxic but i think until key players like madison go to the board and say they want him gone.. i think he’s safe 

I'm probably in the same boat, plus I feel there is always the danger of getting in someone else who's far worse.

The main objection I have to BR is he seems to have players he's loathe to play. Cags or Praet for example (and at times Kelechi). Yet someone like Soumari keeps getting chances. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I have a similar view. The loss at home to Spurs in injury time was the start and funnily enough the 2-6 away defeat to them this season plus the Forest Cup and league defeats. Basically a drip drip torture where tap was turned off briefly with a couple of wins but turned back on with more pressure 

I thought it was a good idea to change manager if we were looking to purchase players, as we didn’t I was indifferent, I did think Rodger’s had been dealt a poor hand not getting any signings, nevertheless after Jan window I felt unless he had up to and including Southampton, when we lost that, that was it for me. It’s crazy top hasn’t pulled the trigger.

When he failed to sign a proper CF to support Vardy and help rescue games which would have given us the few points needed to fininsh top 4.

Then to repeat the same mistake the following season when we again finished 5th.

A poor Management decision from a supposidly top manager.

He'd sooner we we went down keeping our shape than trying to win games by other methods, even route 1.

It's so long ago I can't actually remember.

It was back in lockdown.

Before the FA Cup win.

I gave him due throughout that period but I certainly hated how we were playing and I defy anyone to argue it's been anything but a mixed bag and we've been in demise. 

Games that stand out to me from memory of 'turning points' are Bournemouth capitulation and although we won it West Brom 3-0 at halt time - That told you everything about what we have on our hands.

Let me clarify, I'm not basing that on results, yes we were top 4 finishing top 5, yes we won an FA Cup but the football has been terrible, stinking the place out and not much better, on a par, ultimately turning worse than what was served up under Puel.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3