Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swarles Barkley

Your turning point?

I first had my reservations when we collapsed at home to Newcastle and threw away a second opportunity to finish in the top four. Then the final nail in the coffin was the FA cup game V Forest. He set his narrative, the club allowed him to expose the board leaving them in a vulnerable position…. It then snowballed into the absolute pit of negativity we’re stuck in now. 

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

I know we won the cup and finished 5th again but something changed after that 4-1 at Bournemouth. Maybe it’s just hindsight but to me it always felt like that was a turning point, can’t really explain what I mean but I know what I mean lol 

from what i remember borunemouth were getting dominated and it looked like an easy 3 points. then schmeichel decides to boot the ball into ndid's arse lol then soyuncu gets sent off when the 2nd goes in. mad game

Probs spurs or Brighton away this season. Football may have been dour last season but we could get results and come the end of the season, 8th and a European semi final (conference league or not) can't be seen as a failure, so I don't really get why there have been some people out with their pitchforks since like October 2021. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Interested to know for those who are Rodgers out, when was the turning point for you?

Likewise, if you think we’re going down, when did your head turn? 

Alarm bells started ages ago for me. As far back as that Bournemouth game where we imploded. The signs have always been there but now he's shown himself to be completely inept and a total fraud

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was annoyed with the Blackburn game. We could have won and winning is a habit. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought they would go for it at Southampton. They didnt. We are.on a losing run. Out of the cup. In a real fight to stay up.

It's such a weird one because I don't think this is the worst we've been since we got promoted. The second season under Ranieri or even under Puel felt worse than this. 

The issue even today is the number of errors we are making. It's far too many and most of them are the basics. We look good for parts of almost every game but are far too soft. 

The Forest Cup defeat, spineless performance versus Blackburn, folkowed by Southampton last week in crucial match. To be honest there’s a dozen home games over the last two seasons where we and Rodgers have been limp, West Ham 0-3, Everton 1-2, Villa 0-1, Chelsea 0-3, Spuds 2-4, Southampton 1-2 twice, Newcastle 2-4 and 0-3, Fulham 1-2 and 0-1, Arsenal 0-3 and 0-1, counties others. 

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's such a weird one because I don't think this is the worst we've been since we got promoted. The second season under Ranieri or even under Puel felt worse than this. 

The issue even today is the number of errors we are making. It's far too many and most of them are the basics. We look good for parts of almost every game but are far too soft. 

This is 100% the worst we've been

• Like 3

I don't care about turning points

I just want to see a full back do an overlapping run around his counterpart. I just want to see some passion in the loins. I just want the Birch to come on and do a Winston Churchill. I just want the Balti Pies to be reasonably priced. I just want everything like it used to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Interested to know for those who are Rodgers out, when was the turning point for you?

Likewise, if you think we’re going down, when did your head turn? 

Roma semifinal bottled it just like the two 5th place finishes