Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swarles Barkley

Your turning point?

14 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's such a weird one because I don't think this is the worst we've been since we got promoted. The second season under Ranieri or even under Puel felt worse than this. 

The issue even today is the number of errors we are making. It's far too many and most of them are the basics. We look good for parts of almost every game but are far too soft. 

Puel never had us in relegation trouble and he was axed before he had a chance

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Motty said:

Roma semifinal bottled it just like the two 5th place finishes

We didnt really bottle the semifinal so much as simply not turn up for it.

I would have been fine if we'd shown up and lost but we spent the entire game trying to keep possession and it got to 90 minutes and it felt thay we hadn't even properly tried to score at all, it was absolutely criminal.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Let me clarify, I'm not basing that on results, yes we were top 4 finishing top 5, yes we won an FA Cup but the football has been terrible, stinking the place out and not much better, on a par, ultimately turning worse than what was served up under Puel.

You tend to cop a lot of flack for your opinions, but you’re not wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

The way they bottled it in the first two home games was unacceptable

Weren’t both of those the games ones where he inexplicably subbed off our best player when we were winning  ( KDH was one I think) and we went on to draw / lose? 👏

Genuinely mental how many shit sandwiches he's served up in the last two years, and still, STILL, we'll get it in the neck when we sack him, even if we let him take us down first. The power of PR is scary, and half of our fans don't even know it.

My turning point quietly in my head was about 18 months ago, infact I remember grumbling about Rodgers to friends over the Christmas period 2021 where I'd seen cracks appearing but didn't call for his head as it wasn't too bad and we had been flying for 2 seasons previous to that. About 18 months ago I knew that BR was a coach and not a manager though. 

59 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You tend to cop a lot of flack for your opinions, but you’re not wrong. 

I might repeat myself, it might be boring, I hold my hands up.

But there's a reason why i'm still repeating myself thus it's boring.

• Like 1

9th March 2020 for me according to my post history. 

Why is it perplexing? We're an absolute shadow of the team we were earlier in the season. We've been found out as a team that struggles when pressed and Rodgers is showing no signs of addressing the problem. Many players are out of form and there is little sign that we will be able to recover our form in time to stop our inexorable slide out of the top 4. You can be as positive as you like, but don't be surprised that many are concerned and have been for months, since Norwich showed teams how to make us struggle. Since then we have only done well against teams that have sat off and given us room to play.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I might repeat myself, it might be boring, I hold my hands up.

But there's a reason why i'm still repeating myself thus it's boring.

As someone who often says 'bloody hell Matt doing it again' it's never really about this tbh. Possession football isn't the issue, the execution under this clown is (which I agree with you on!)

• Like 4

Pats on the back all round for those of us clever enough to have spotted the fraud’s shortcomings years ago. We are ace. I think Mark should give us all a special gold emblem or something. 

The rest of you need to listen to us better in future. 

*except Matt, he’s just repeating himself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I sensed a shift in momentum in the Everton game of December 2019, even though we won that game 2-1, I think we lost to Norwich next game and Liverpool 4-0 after. The villa league Cup game further showed that shift in momentum, think we got a good win against villa in March 2020. Then lock down games off a drab 0-0 home game against Brighton, its just felt off for 3 years. We have had some good performances and results in the last 3 years, but it's just felt because of luck then any clear plan. Take the FA cup win other than the 3rd Round against Stoke, and the Man utd QF game, we just kinda scraped threw the other matches.

Edited by Beachyboy

Can't remember if it was the Spurs or Brighton humiliation. If we'd replaced him then or even at the break we could have given a fresh voice to these players post World Cup and we might have reversed this mess but not now. It's too late unless Leeds, Bournemouth and Saints all turn out to be shitter than us.

We've been in this annoying cycle of going on just enough of a run for me to doubt myself and falling for the bullshit a few time now. It ain't happening again.

The turning point for me as well as many others here was Forest away last season. Forest away THIS season was when I started being openly vocal about it in the stands and, as many have noted, you just get funny looks or actively shouted down by the lambs to the slaughter around you. Today has been hugely reassuring. Hearing the vast majority of SK1 calling for his head is something I was starting to doubt we'd ever have at our happy-clapping, £3 coffee swilling, honesty-flag waving, t-shirt cannon toting, fan-cam gurning, broken-speaker-ear-piercing, smile-and-wave-while-Rome-burns-ing farce of a home ground.

As for relegation, it's so tight, so I couldn't confidently say I'm certain of it. But if he's still in charge at Brentford and we lose that, I think we're goners. April is going to be a quite horrific wake-up call, like the proverbial frog in slowly-boiling water. We've got a bunch of relegation six-pointers, and every one of them I currently would expect to outplay us and be more up for it.

It's a slow motion car-crash that's been two years in the making, and the brick wall is only a few yards away at this point. Swerve and we MIGHT still manage to dodge it.

• Like 2

They say time flies when you're having fun. It feels like I've wanted him gone for a couple of decades now.

I think it was around November 2021. Precisely when Daka picked up his first injury.

My first suspicions came about when Gray was coming on a supersub to win us matches.

2nd time we bottled top 4. It was utter incompetence if you’re a top manager to have not learnt from the first time. He hasn’t learnt a single lesson whilst here because he is too arrogant and indeed stupid to change.  We were on the cusp of something and the failure to finish top 4 has, as I said at the time, destroyed the dream. He just needs to go.