Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

42 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon our fanbase is mostly made up of pessimistic teachers..

diagnosing & analysing every individual single mistake then foreseeing other wide failure possibilities…No let up,no second chance born to be crap..

I spent my life in troubleshooting and technical instruction positions mixing with going through the daily-graft routines…

But the pessimistic, no way out now acceptance, on FT I just don’t get..

Thus the reason why i exist.

:brendan_still:

43 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon our fanbase is mostly made up of pessimistic teachers..

diagnosing & analysing every individual single mistake then foreseeing other wide failure possibilities…No let up,no second chance born to be crap..

I spent my life in troubleshooting and technical instruction positions mixing with going through the daily-graft routines…

But the pessimistic, no way out now acceptance, on FT I just don’t get..

The way I see it, it's any 3 from the bottom 9 for the drop. Basically, we have a 1 in 3 chance of relegation. Grounds for pessimism for the pessimists and grounds for optimism for the optimists, I'd say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

“We still didn’t look like scoring (goal aside)” is the most foxestalk post I’ve ever seen 

Correct though! We had one shot on target. At least it went in, but it needs to be better than that for us to pick up more than the odd point with our leaky defence.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Correct though! We had one shot on target. At least it went in, but it needs to be better than that for us to pick up more than the odd point with our leaky defence.

Brentford only had two though? 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

How many times do I have to say ‘I don’t think we’ll get relegated’?

But I’d also say I think the club stinks at the moment. It needs change 

See we are as one..totally agree..have a pint..:cheers:

32 minutes ago, sishades said:

I actually went to the game today (all 92 done now) and the first half was atrocious, I felt Iverson was unlucky for their goal but on the whole Brentford thoroughly deserved to be winning at half time. The second half was better, we showed some effort and spirit that has been absent of late. Ndidi was fine, as was Soumare who kept them at bay with his physicality (might be worth trying him in defence). Super Soutter was very super winning everything that was thrown at him, I swear he even tried to head an easyjet plane on its way to Heathrow. We were well worth a point, with the players all coming over to the fans at the end. There was some aggro at the end when a Rogers Out banner was produced and also a massive "Feck you scum bag" to the arsehole who took a shirt off a kid that Amartey had specifically pointed to in the crowd. 

One final criticsm is that BRs substitutions make little sense although today it did not result in a complete melt down. And finally on a very sad note, regarding our beloved Vards. Please retire now! Your legacy is assured and we will always love you  but your time has come and gone. His pace is non existent and he offers nothing to the team any more. Go with our blessings and live the life of the legend that you are.Watching JV now is like watching that 50 year old in a night club who still thinks he is 20  and trying to get off with the brunette that you have had an eye on for a while now. Watching him makes me want to weep.

I pulled her tho

Edited by woznotwos

4 hours ago, steveb said:

Ndidi, Ndidn`the, he was beyond awful, every possible break he was involved in he killed it dead with a miserable back pass, i can only assume you are either Rodgers or Ndidi`s mum.

I am his big brother..

He had his best game so far...see!! Don't mess with Ndidis, or be carefull who will prune your roses tomorrow.:P

Made the mistake of putting talksport on for some of our game today. willy puller Durham keeps telling everyone we're going down. That one who sounds like a complete chav who can't string a coherent sentence together thinks were awful at everything. Won't be making that mistake again. 

At least we weren't playing the awful high line and with Amartey, rather than Faes, Brentford were really limited in what they could produce. I thought Souttar was Huth-esque today in literally getting his head, knee, shin and everything else on any ball that came into a dangerous zone - something that's not happened to Toney very often at all this season. The goal was pretty shite luck - it was going well wide before the deflection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shiv said:

Daka missed at least two absolute sitters in the first half. 

They were good chances not sitters. Watch it back, then watch the real sitters missed by Nacho vs Soton.

I still think Nacho is currently our best striker but is better in a two.

• Like 2

For me it wasn’t a good result look at the other teams results closer to the bottom three if West Ham win their game in hand we will be in the bottom three doesn’t make for good reading I would still be off the opinion a change is necessary to give us a good chance of staying up.

11 hours ago, String fellow said:

Trollstigen in Norway?

Btw, earlier this week, I drew comparison between our last 5 PL fixtures and the first 5 of the season. We've played exactly the same opponents (Arensal, Brentford, Chelsea, Man Utd and Southampton), and the outcomes of all the matches have been identical - defeats home and away to all except Brentford, which have both been draws.

Interesting. Not sure if you’d looked at the hypothetical comparison if we were to follow the same pattern in the remaining games?

Would actual give 16 points (draw with Palace and wins over Everton, Leeds, Wolves, Villa and West Ham). Total of 41.

Unlikely I know, I can’t see us getting close to they total but it does actually put the remaining fixtures into a positive context.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

What do you expect? We drew away to a good side and played well. Maybe give your own head a wobble. Those there today are real fans who support the team through good and bad. Being a supporter is more than just moaning and waving banners when we are losing. It's much harder to actually get behind the team. The fans appreciated a good performance and a good effort.

Don’t agree with the bolded bit. An average away end holds what, 3000 odd. So you’re saying our real fans only amount to about that number?

A - there is not capacity for everyone who’d want to go. 

B - People have lives outside of football.

I place more store in those who were there when we were in the Championship/League One. I used to go home and many always from 2002 until around 2016 actually when others things in life become more important that taking a whole day out of your weekend (if you don’t live local) to go to football.

Also, the ‘come lately’ fans who had flocked the stadium after promotion were doing my head in to be surrounded by. I go when I can of course but the experience is crap now for that reason. 

If we were back in the Championship with the ‘true’ supporters left, I’d be back more regularly in a flash!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We won 1.4 to 0.5 on Xg although I’m struggling to work out how we managed that much Xg …

xG still counts regardless of on or off target shot. We had a flurry in first half of attempts such as Daka header and Barnes shooting wide 

49 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

For me it wasn’t a good result look at the other teams results closer to the bottom three if West Ham win their game in hand we will be in the bottom three doesn’t make for good reading I would still be off the opinion a change is necessary to give us a good chance of staying up.

If West Ham win their game in hand…..doesn’t the same apply if we win our game in hand over the rest? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If West Ham win their game in hand…..doesn’t the same apply if we win our game in hand over the rest? 

Worth noting West Ham’s game in hand is just because they are playing today and away at Man City of all places. To be fair, it wouldn’t surprise me if they turn up and take a point of 3 but on paper we wouldn’t really wish them to have a more difficult game today!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Worth noting West Ham’s game in hand is just because they are playing today and away at Man City of all places. To be fair, it wouldn’t surprise me if they turn up and take a point of 3 but on paper we wouldn’t really wish them to have a more difficult game today!

Friend spoke to Wham fan in the week. Says they are more depressed than us 

45 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Don’t agree with the bolded bit. An average away end holds what, 3000 odd. So you’re saying our real fans only amount to about that number?

A - there is not capacity for everyone who’d want to go. 

B - People have lives outside of football.

I place more store in those who were there when we were in the Championship/League One. I used to go home and many always from 2002 until around 2016 actually when others things in life become more important that taking a whole day out of your weekend (if you don’t live local) to go to football.

Also, the ‘come lately’ fans who had flocked the stadium after promotion were doing my head in to be surrounded by. I go when I can of course but the experience is crap now for that reason. 

If we were back in the Championship with the ‘true’ supporters left, I’d be back more regularly in a flash!

I used to go to a fair amount of championship home and away games aswell. It was a lot easier to get a ticket back then. 

21 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’s not today, but it is still against Man City at the etihad so point still stands.