Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Good goal, good result at a tough place to go. 

...far too many platitudes about this!!!

A one dimensional team who had a midweek game and was ineffective around our goal. It took us until the second half to realise that they posed little threat. With our current form the point may seem a godsend, but a fully motivated and positive team should be winning this game.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

A one dimensional team who had a midweek game and was ineffective around our goal. It took us until the second half to realise that they posed little threat. With our current form the point may seem a godsend, but a fully motivated and positive team should be winning this game.

Looking at this ONE game, a game against the team in 8th, where we had not won in four games, is a decent result. What fans view as an acceptable result against a team like Brentford is irrelevant in the context of this single game, but bears scrutiny in the context of recent seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

One I know says the board are going to sack Moyes if he loses their next game but thinks it may just be a careless whisper. Another says the football is that boring he falls asleep at games and has to ask other supporters near where he sits to wake me up before you go go 

Too many Bad Boys there, should moved a few on Last Christmas. I reckon Moyes will be given his Freedom and theyll sign a whole lot of Young Guns.

• Like 1

There's a lot of reaction to the result based on the fact "it's Brentford". If we'd just drawn with Spurs or Everton or Villa in 8th more people would be saying it was a decent point.

They are where they are on merit. They might not attack like Man City or batter teams 4-0 but they're a solid side unbeaten at home for months. If we get that result under Ranieri, Pearson or whoever there's a lot more would accept it as a good point.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, iancognito said:

There's a lot of reaction to the result based on the fact "it's Brentford". If we'd just drawn with Spurs or Everton or Villa in 8th more people would be saying it was a decent point.

They are where they are on merit. They might not attack like Man City or batter teams 4-0 but they're a solid side unbeaten at home for months. If we get that result under Ranieri, Pearson or whoever there's a lot more would accept it as a good point.

I would find it easier to accept it as a good point if it had left us any better off than we were previously. As it is, we're no further away from the relegation zone and closer to 20th than we were this time last week. In a vacuum I agree it's a decent result, Brentford are strong at home and an awkward team to play against. By contrast we are horrific at home and unless we can remedy that then picking up a point here and there on the road is not going to be enough.

I think some of the frustration also comes from the fact that it was clearly not one of their better performances with them starting well but fading badly as the game went on - maybe due to having also played three days earlier - and rather than taking advantage of that, we managed to basically kill the game with our subs. Again, devoid of context coming back to draw is fine and even encouraging given our prior record when losing at half time, but in the context of how the game actually went and where we are in the league it does feel rather like a missed opportunity.

53 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I think it’s more indicative of the state of the premier league. I thought they were just a poor as we were, but we’re weak as piss and can’t muster anything up these days. 

Outside the top six, the standard of football is genuinely dreadful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Interesting. Not sure if you’d looked at the hypothetical comparison if we were to follow the same pattern in the remaining games?

Would actual give 16 points (draw with Palace and wins over Everton, Leeds, Wolves, Villa and West Ham). Total of 41.

Unlikely I know, I can’t see us getting close to they total but it does actually put the remaining fixtures into a positive context.

If the points/game calculation is used to predict the end-of-season positions, then Southampton (31pts) and Bournemouth (33pts) would go down. Then on 35pts would be City, Everton and West Ham. Above them on 36pts would be Leeds, Forest and Wolves. Palace would be on 38pts assuming that they draw today. It does look probable that goal difference will be a factor in who survives.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You said it ….no confidence after five defeats …..

On 19/03/2023 at 08:43, filbertway said:

Frank is a weird manager, I'd hope we never were in for him. He's a super cautious manager that is benefiting from being a cog in an amazingly well ran machine. Like Warburton and Smith before him.

Don’t think that’s a fair assessment at all. He’s actually just an adaptable manager. He knows when to be cautious and when to have a go. 

I know we haven’t had one at leicester in a while so it’s hard to understand but when a team gets in ascendancy, a smart manager tends to counter balance by being more defensive… that gets them the point against a team who were looking more likely to go on and win it. 

If that’s bad management for you, then you’ll be better off with a guy like bielsla who is happy to chuck  easy points away all in the name of the beautiful game 

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Don’t think that’s a fair assessment at all. He’s actually just an adaptable manager. He knows when to be cautious and when to have a go. 

I know we haven’t had one at leicester in a while so it’s hard to understand but when a team gets in ascendancy, a smart manager tends to counter balance by being more defensive… that gets them the point against a team who were looking more likely to go on and win it. 

If that’s bad management for you, then you’ll be better off with a guy like bielsla who is happy to chuck  easy points away all in the name of the beautiful game 

This sums me up to be fair mate. I'm all for entertaining football and trying to score goals. Being defensive and spending half the time being score of taking risks is a waste of time to me.

I watch so many games of football killed by managers petrified of conceding goals. It's why I like to watch the A League and MLS, there seems to be more desire to enjoy the game and get goals in those leagues. 

There should never be a moment in a match where your soul aim of the game is not to concede, bar maybe the last couple of minutes. Southgate trying to shut up shop last night when in the first half we proved how good we can be. I hate it and love to see those kind of tactics fail. 

• Like 1