Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

This sums me up to be fair mate. I'm all for entertaining football and trying to score goals. Being defensive and spending half the time being score of taking risks is a waste of time to me.

I watch so many games of football killed by managers petrified of conceding goals. It's why I like to watch the A League and MLS, there seems to be more desire to enjoy the game and get goals in those leagues. 

There should never be a moment in a match where your soul aim of the game is not to concede, bar maybe the last couple of minutes. Southgate trying to shut up shop last night when in the first half we proved how good we can be. I hate it and love to see those kind of tactics fail. 

I definitely lean that way as well. But I don’t think i’ve ever heard people complain about the way brentford play. Perhaps a bad one to judge him on. Typically they will always give things a good go. Even against the big boys. 

We’d be absolutely laughing if he was our boss 

14 hours ago, filbertway said:

This sums me up to be fair mate. I'm all for entertaining football and trying to score goals. Being defensive and spending half the time being score of taking risks is a waste of time to me.

I watch so many games of football killed by managers petrified of conceding goals. It's why I like to watch the A League and MLS, there seems to be more desire to enjoy the game and get goals in those leagues. 

There should never be a moment in a match where your soul aim of the game is not to concede, bar maybe the last couple of minutes. Southgate trying to shut up shop last night when in the first half we proved how good we can be. I hate it and love to see those kind of tactics fail. 

I agree 1000%
Its why during the WC, I would love to see “time spent in opponents half” as a deciding tie breaker - rather than number of yellow cards received.  
Hate watching teams whose whole strategy is to win their games 0-0

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I definitely lean that way as well. But I don’t think i’ve ever heard people complain about the way brentford play. Perhaps a bad one to judge him on. Typically they will always give things a good go. Even against the big boys. 

They're a very misunderstood team I think. They're nearer to a Burnley than given credit for.

On 24/03/2023 at 22:34, Lambert09 said:

I’m not sure we would, because we don’t have defenders with the resilience to play like Brentford do (too many lapses in concentration) and we don’t have a powerful striker like Toney to play off of, when they choose to go more direct. 

Our goals usually come from individual quality or good build-up passing play, whereas they tend to hit teams on the counter, or by flooding the box with physical players like Toney, Mbeumo, Wissa, or their centre halves. 

That’s not degrading what they do by the way, they’re a good side and effective, and I think Frank is a good manager, but our squad just wouldn’t be able to play the same sort of football as their’s, and vice versa (when we are actually at it, which seems to be few and far between, as of late). 

I think that is part of the conundrum that we have to try to solve this summer - do we try to turn our side into one that can be more like a Brentford in being able to go direct at times, or do we continue trying to play football on the floor? Without Tielemans and Maddison (if/when he goes), the latter will become a lot harder to be good at, as I doubt we’ll be able to attract players of that calibre in the summer, unless we manage to pick up a couple of gems out of nowhere. 

Edited by Pete52

On 18/03/2023 at 23:26, fuchsntf said:

I am his big brother..

He had his best game so far...see!! Don't mess with Ndidis, or be carefull who will prune your roses tomorrow.:P

If that was his best game its easy to see why we are up shite street