Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Playing vs a team fighting for Europe in their ground. better team 2nd half.

This will do the players the world of confidence.

Before the game, the majority would have took a point.

Ever the optimist, now enjoy mothers day and have a beer. We didn't lose!

PS Rogers out. The guy is clueless.

:)

This team needs a lift if we are stay up.

Thr attacking strength looks so flat because they are so used to playing it back to the goal keeper.

2 mins to go and they are tapping the ball around the back not surging forward to get a important goal.

This team is shocking 

• Like 1

Take the point against a team in 8th, but I thought Brentford were poor today.

Keeps him in a job for another two weeks. Subs today were a disgrace and I’m still not convinced we have the fight to stay up as things stand.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan

Could be a huge point come the end.

But they were awful in the second half and I ended watching the game feeling that it was a couple of points lost tbh.

Good fight back though.

Souttar and Big Dan our best players today. 
I haven’t disliked a City player as much as I do Soumare for a long time. Garbage 

A game of two halves. We still don't know what exactly should we do with the ball in the final third. We're very lucky Barnes scored his chance, that was our only shot on goal (which is the norm these days...)

Maddison once again proved he's absolutely essential. When he's out our chances of staying up will be null 

We didn’t lose, but it still wasn’t good enough. 

Brentford are crap, I was not remotely impressed with them at all today, and I really think it highlights how poor the league is outside the top six. 

First half was dross, same old bollocks, slow boring predictable play. 

Second half I’d say there was a 10% effort increase, but I’m annoyed we didn’t press Brentford more. How many times in that second half did their back four shit their pants, even ****ing Raya was out of his goal twisting and turning like a 70’s Brazilian at one point, and we didn’t even pressure them. 

It was better, but it really shouldn’t be this bad, Brendan yet again sets his teams up to show far too much respect to an extremely average team, when they were there for the taking today. Once we started to get into the game, he should have gone for two attackers so we could press from the front more, and force a Brentford mistake, which was there. 

All this point does is keep that horrible ogre in a job for another two weeks. I think it’s 100% safe to assume that result would have saved him, unless the owners are planning to replace him over the break.

• Like 1

Point better than nothing but as usual we are our own worst enemy.

Boring slow football, stupid passes constantly around the back putting ourselves under pressure.

We looked better when we actually moved forward quickly but what chance have they got when Amartey and Ndidi are starting attacks off, both completely brain dead.  Ricardo is a shell of the player he was, offers nothing.

Soutter was strong at the back.

Looked better 2nd half, but we need to have more than 1 shot on target per game (and sometimes not even that).

How we can look so dominant at times and still not pull the trigger baffles me. Why don't we press first half any more?

(When I say dominant I'm talking about a small number of occasions- don't get me wrong other times ... a lot of other times ... we just look plain awful).

Can't think any lessons will be learned going in to next game so expecting the same awful tactics against Palace from the start. 

So what's this strange feeling of not having your weekend ruined! Big congrats to Rogers as well for securing at least another 10 games thanks to  point which our c!useless naive board will be bashing themselves silly over. 

• Haha 1