Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Souttar and Ndidi the standouts for the game.

One moment of quality is what we seemed to have relied on, and once again it's Maddison at the heart of it. But we have to create more and get more chances. We can't keep relying on that one 'perfect' moment each game.

Ndidi seemed to focus far more on what Ndidi does well…. Encouraging as we had a Ferrari turned into a clapped out Fiat….  We had an 8 year old Alpha on the pitch today (to stretch the metaphor!)

Much better in the second half, showed the fight that we are going to need in the upcoming weeks. Moved the ball faster and seemed to have an identity - we should have tested the keeper more though.

This isn’t for the first time this season, but I was a bit confused by the changes that Rodgers made. I mean, we were clearly on top, so why would you bring Soumare and Praet on? He doesn’t seem to learn that it kills our tempo.

It stops the rot though and I would have taken a point before. Not a particularly great game but it keeps us ticking over. It really is a huge game against Crystal Palace after the international break now.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Just now, ozleicester said:

Adequate, didnt have a lot to do, didnt do much wrong, not great with the ball at his feet.

Doesn't fill me with confidence. He dropped one coming off his line but luckily nothing happened.

He's too slow with the ball at his feet and his distribution is shocking.

No way he is a prem keeper.

Perfect sort of game for Amartey and Souttar really, all about physicality and they stood up well. Ndidi did well I thought, much better. 

Disappointed in Maddison really and was lucky his whinging didn't cost him but stepped up and slide in the pass for Barnes. 

Want to see more from our attacking players but it was better from them. 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Couldn’t bring myself to watch today.

Does anyone have any comments to how Iversen got on?

I’m just hoping he might be capable of being a stop gap until the summer

Apart from the deflected goal he didn't have a lot to do neither did their goalkeeper.

• Thanks 1

Soumare WTF! Jesus wept, and so did I!! Clueless Brendan strikes again! I thought bringing Vardy on was wrong too. Sad to say, but I just think Vards is finished, and Nacho was the change for me. I don't suppose it will be, but i hope this is the end for clueless Brendan  with the international break ahead. Hopefully we will have someone already lined up, to take over on Monday, and he's  been watching countless videos of the shite we've had to sit through for the last few months, in order to give him the heads up. :fc:

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Apart from the deflected goal he didn't have a lot to do neither did their goalkeeper.

Agreed, except for Raya got so bored he came out his goal to show some tekkers to Barnes.  lol

Edited by Dahnsouff

Just now, smudger63 said:

Soumare WTF! Jesus wept, and so did I!! Clueless Brendan strikes again! I thought bringing Vardy on was wrong too. Sad to say, but I just think Vards is finished, and Nacho was the change for me. I don't suppose it will be, but i hope this is the end for clueless Brendan  with the international break ahead. Hopefully we will have someone already lined up, to take over on Monday, and he's  been watching countless videos of the shite we've had to sit through for the last few months, in order to give him the heads up. :fc:

Where was Papy?