Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

For all our improvement in the second half, we still didn't look like scoring (the goal aside) and going on to win. We were impotent.

Baffled why Rodgers keeps playing Vardy ahead of Ian Nacho

this. and conceding in every game means we have to score at least 2 or 3 to get a win. can't see us staying up tbh

30 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I seen the deflections, I'm not saying it's poor goalkeeping just that we are 16th as we don't have a top half goalkeeper. If Iverson was that outstanding he'd of been put in the team sooner, I know Rogers is stubborn but we don't have a top 10 goalkeeper at the club. I'd swap either of them for at least 15 out of the other 19 clubs keepers.

Iversen isnt the long term answer either but he is a better goalkeeper than Ward

Better, but not great, probably not good enough.

Ndidi, how can he have become so awful, even his preferred 99% 2 foot back passes have become a challenge for him, he kills the game stone dead.

Soumare, Ive played for school teams that wouldn`t pick him, that was the dreadful area in midfield for us today that realistically killed any hope of a win.

Rodgers,, for Gods sake let anyone else in the ground decide about substitutes, the idiot is clueless.

50/50 on us staying up

Edited by steveb
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

The fact that the second half performance is enough to keep Rodgers in his job is everything you need to know about how low our standards are.

Half of this fan base need to give their head a wobble. Huge support for him today in the away end. Absolutely astonishing. 

This is it isn’t it. People are breathing a sigh of relief at a point….. against a side that I felt were as poor as any today.

This is what will happen, Brendan will sneak a result as the pressure really mounts, but ultimately we will still end up getting relegated because we can’t strike any kind of consistency. 

Make no mistake about it, there was a 10% increase in performance level for 45 minutes today, but it was still rubbish. Brentford left so much space to exploit, and we couldn’t generate anything meaningful bar the goal. 

Brendan should still be sacked tomorrow, he won’t be, but he should with a week or so to get someone else in and really push for the final few games. A 1-1 won’t save our season, it will simply delay the inevitable. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Just seen the Brentford goal, read a few comments that Iverson couldn't of done anything about it, I guarantee if Ward concedes a goal like that 80% of people are saying see told you he was crap.

It’s what on the field that counts,not FTs Saturday nights lynch mobs..

and

Ps..you started it…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Thanks for the compliment as I was there today. Getting behind the team is great. My issue comes from Rodgers coming over to the away end and the majority showing support for him. He’s got us into this position & he’ll take us down unless Top stops being such a wetty.

We’ve got 8 points from an available 36 since the World Cup. Anyone thinking that’s acceptable has very different standards to me.

Ahh so your standards are automatically higher,because the football tribal war says so..mmmmm tricky ground fella…

We have now 12 games left,this is the time to give our last support & encouragement,not brag about one’s individual perspectives..

Being at the ground..shows deep down,you still hope and believe..

I have said in this run in..We have to be the loudest,noisiest,supporting terraces

EOS let’s split hairs & beers…on Rodgers Tenure…

a bit of slate & the Beatles….Twist & Shout, Mama We are all going crazy now..

in our support is our last option.. to give everything to keeps us up..and your daddylonglegs stamp & jump along those last game terraces..:cheers:  :scarf:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Errrrr.........had a very good game today

Ndidi, Ndidn`the, he was beyond awful, every possible break he was involved in he killed it dead with a miserable back pass, i can only assume you are either Rodgers or Ndidi`s mum.

Neither Ward nor Iversen are standout keepers by the standard of the Premier League.  I was a keeper years ago, however, anyone saying Iversen was at fault for the goal knows little about keeping. He was unfortunate.

Brentford's on the other hand, should have stopped Barnes's weak shot

• Like 2

I reckon our fanbase is mostly made up of pessimistic teachers..

diagnosing & analysing every individual single mistake then foreseeing other wide failure possibilities…No let up,no second chance born to be crap..

I spent my life in troubleshooting and technical instruction positions mixing with going through the daily-graft routines…

But the pessimistic, no way out now acceptance, on FT I just don’t get..

13 minutes ago, steveb said:

Ndidi, Ndidn`the, he was beyond awful, every possible break he was involved in he killed it dead with a miserable back pass, i can only assume you are either Rodgers or Ndidi`s mum.

...he was chalk and cheese today!!!

Out of possession he was almost back to his best, very much playing his usual role, unfortunately Rodgers still seem to want him involved in us going forward, he does not need to be there, Rodgers just cannot see it  or more likely, admit it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Thanks for the compliment as I was there today. Getting behind the team is great. My issue comes from Rodgers coming over to the away end and the majority showing support for him. He’s got us into this position & he’ll take us down unless Top stops being such a wetty.

We’ve got 8 points from an available 36 since the World Cup. Anyone thinking that’s acceptable has very different standards to me.

You went and that's great good on you, I just don't see any point in aiming vitriol at anyone after that display? Last week maybe, but today we played wel and put in 100%.

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon our fanbase is mostly made up of pessimistic teachers..

diagnosing & analysing every individual single mistake then foreseeing other wide failure possibilities…No let up,no second chance born to be crap..

I spent my life in troubleshooting and technical instruction positions mixing with going through the daily-graft routines…

But the pessimistic, no way out now acceptance, on FT I just don’t get..

I think you just have to be real.

The club DOES appear to be in a mess. Our under 21’s are near bottom of their division, same with the ladies. 
And the first team hasn’t won a game for weeks.

We don’t have much money to spend on players and those we have signed have been hit and miss. Souttar looks to be settling in, whilst Faes and Tete look to be getting worse since joining the club.

And we are very near the bottom of the Premiership.

On the plus side, the second half today was very different to the first half. They controlled the first half, we controlled the second half.

Ive maintained I don’t think we’ll be relegated but if you choose to look at the current state of the club in a particularly positive light then you must be wearing blue tints.

IF we weren’t in this predicament, people wouldn’t state we were and worry about it. 
But we are, so we do 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think you just have to be real.

The club DOES appear to be in a mess. Our under 21’s are near bottom of their division, same with the ladies. 
And the first team hasn’t won a game for weeks.

We don’t have much money to spend on players and those we have signed have been hit and miss. Souttar looks to be settling in, whilst Faes and Tete look to be getting worse since joining the club.

And we are very near the bottom of the Premiership.

On the plus side, the second half today was very different to the first half. They controlled the first half, we controlled the second half.

Ive maintained I don’t think we’ll be relegated but if you choose to look at the current state of the club in a particularly positive light then you must be wearing blue tints.

IF we weren’t in this predicament, people wouldn’t state we were and worry about it. 
But we are, so we do 

No..it’s squeezing out those last positives,and getting the desired points tally..

We‘ e been bloody awful… but we have to have enough balls to believe 4-6 results from 12 can save our clubs arse…

At the moment I couldn’t give a flying fxck what happens to Rodgers.

We can hang draw & quarter him later..

Now it’s the „.club & Badge“, that we support and encourage to  still support,encourage, & get behind the players to see that we are in the 23/24 PL fixture list

oh my bluetinted specs,stay on until EOS..

This weekend that 3rd spot might be ours…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No..it’s squeezing out those last positives,and getting the desired points tally..

We‘ e been bloody awful… but we have to have enough balls to believe 4-6 results from 12 can save our clubs arse…

At the moment I couldn’t give a flying fxck what happens to Rodgers.

We can hang draw & quarter him later..

Now it’s the „.club & Badge“, that we support and encourage to  still support,encourage, & get behind the players to see that we are in the 23/24 PL fixture list

oh my bluetinted specs,stay on until EOS..

This weekend that 3rd spot might be ours…

How many times do I have to say ‘I don’t think we’ll get relegated’?

But I’d also say I think the club stinks at the moment. It needs change