Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The 23/24 squad rebuild

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I think (hope) we stay up but I’m only excited about the re-build if we have the right manager in charge to rebuild us.

IMO Rodgers is no longer motivated to be here so to give him the rebuild would be a huge error 

I think we have gone back to the club doing recruitment, rather than being led by the manager.  

Glover is a club appointment rather then Congerton who was a manager appointment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

All sound observations and it's criminal how we have allowed ourselves to get into this situation. I always seem to blame Rodgers for a lot of things but even he can't be to blame for the entire debacle. Succession planning, what's that? Isn't it something every business has to have?

Yes, it's almost 'build again from scratch ' time however, surely, as someone has suggested, we can't let Rodgers do this. Personally, I think this would have the potential to damage the club beyond repair. I for one really don't think I could listen to his slobber for another year or watch his brand of football. 

Football has its own rules,including variants due to COVID + W.Wide cost of living.

too many posters/fans conveniently forgetting in denial on this most important problem of last 2 years + future…KP have seriously took major hit,due to its business background and base platform…
So a major induction of OTT funds,ain’t going to happen.

Even get a fair wack in selling players,we need at least an influx of 

Kristianson,Souttar, Tete finding topside of form,but another at least 4-6,

these grade of players…Hoping beyond hope if we stay up, Barnes,Maddison,Tielemans  2 might just stay..

Relegation…I would think all 3 go..

but let’s be positive in survival, some players going,good & thankgod..

So laying for the 6th week in Hospital…I have more time ponder..

**** needs filling

IVERSEN…****…Smithies

Ricardo..Castagna, Amartey…Brunt

Souttar..Amartey,Faes..****, Academy

Kristianson…Justin..Amartey ,..(Thomas on loan,but maybe not)

Mendy….Ndidi,…****

KDH..Academy..Praet…Baybooke *****

Teta..or alike…Ricardo..Academy. ****
Barnes..Academy..Justin,Castagna
Nacho..KDH..*****Baybrooke

Vardy…Nacho..Daka..****

The unknown incomes,can be also found on frees,loans,chance on lower league player…With 3 new more faces,and Tete ,Iversen working out,

the major Guard & face of squad will change..

So something to work with…(PL)

Another thing,though Maddison and Tielemans attracted the star following media

& pundits,plus we looking for our icons…Could we find 3-4 ,semi-quality names that drives us further forward.

I have always loved Maddison here,respected Tielemans, but life goes on 

Darwin’s natural selection is also true to football….

Variation, Inheritance, Selection, Time and Adaptation….

Though relegation can implode every shit theory..

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I had to check my memory there.....NP brought in 9 in his 2008-09 summer rebuild for the L1 season (6 permanent + 3 loanees).

He then added 7 more loanees during the season.

Meanwhile, Forest brought in 528,684 new players for their 2022 summer rebuild, didn't they? :whistle:

Come on that’s unfair you need to be more accurate.

it was 528,685

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

I don't see Soumare still being here. Total square peg at the club. I can only think the reason Rodgers still plays him is for a bit of shop window time. If we go down you can add Ricky and Castagne to that leaving list too. We'd certainly get offers for Justin despite his injuries.

I've never seen a manager bring in 8+ players in a summer rebuild. At any club. Even new managers rarely bring on more than 4 or 5. Closest would be the Martin Allen season and we know how that ended up.

1xGK, 2x CB, 2xCM, 1xRM, 2x ST for me.

Summer 18/19 was 6 under Puel.

Maddison, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans, Benkovic, Ghezzell, 

Was pretty decent on the whole. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Actually think Puel would make a decent DOF. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Puel = 67% success rate

Compare that to Rodgers 21-22

Daka, Vestergaard, Soumare, Lookman, Bertrand 

= 20% success rate and it was only a loan 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

- We'd make an absolute fortune/regain a fortune from being relegated with the players we'd sell and the wages we'd lose. (I can get to £150m just with Madders, Barnes, Castagne and Iheanacho)

Maybe "you" can ... but nobody living in the real world could possibly turn that quartet into nine figures.  Maddison and Iheanacho have only one year remaining on their contracts, Barnes and Castagne two.  Only Maddison would attract Rich Six interest, and his knees combined with his playing style make him an iffy proposition.

We could try to flog Harvey to Chelsea, but midtable clubs are not going to be lining up to buy our players @ £40M.

Just now, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t think it’s necessary about Rudkin’s ability. No well run organisation would allow one individual to manage all those tasks. It’s ridiculous on so many levels.  It encourages internal empire building and disharmony. 

He'd oversee most of the people that do.

The fact he signed off Congerton's arrival despite his obviously wank track record says it all

Guest Col city fan

This is far too soon for a thread like this.

It’ll depend mainly on whether we get relegated or not.

If we go down, Barnes, Madders, Nacho, Daka, Justin will all leave.

Tielemans will leave anyway.

If we stay up, most of the above will stay I think, except Maddison 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

What ever league were in it’s about time. 

inclined to agree

we've been bumbling along for far too long, skirting around the edges of rebuild but instead adding mediocrity across the pitch. 

holding onto players past their best, giving contracts to player we should have been letting go, etc - and kidding ourselves that it makes for a top 6 challenging side - when in reality, it doesn't, irrespective of manager. 

I think its impossible but Mourinho it's the right coach for me to build a team anywhere especially in the premiere league.  Brendan Rodgers get 10million a season and Mourinho wages its 15 million , it will be  perfect job for Mourinho and Leicester city.  I just like him as a Boss 

Another concern of mine is we don't actually sign many players. We typically sign 3 or 4 players in a window, max. It's not as if we haven't known about expiring contracts. I'm very uneasy at the prospect of how we'll handle signing 7 or 8 players.

Right, here's my two pence, which is two pence more than what it's worth.

Presuming we stay up, get rid of Brendan and that all who are currently out of contract at end of season leave:

Out

Ward (Loan)

Castagne (£10m)

Vestegaard (Loan)

Soumare (£5m)

Praet (£5m)

Maddison (£40m)

Iheanacho (£15m)

Hopefully everybody agrees,  pretty Conservative expectations for fees. Total received in £75m

In

Albon Lafont - GK - £25m

Good all round goalkeeper, good age, no brainer.

Maxence Lacroix - CB - £25m

Rapid, 6ft 3, really good on the ball and only 23. Perfect partner for Souttar.

Mees Hilgers - CB - £5m

21 year old from FC Twente, a little raw but certainly talented. Contract is up in summer but they have an option for extra year I imagine they will take to get some money in.

Ellyes Shkiri - DM - Free

Been mentioned on here before, great at recovering the ball, good option if Wilf never sees his best.

Branco Van De Boomen - CM - Free

Great at set pieces and a real ball player. May struggle with the pace of PL but worth a gamble on a free.

Alex Scott - AM - £20m

I love this lad, reminds me of Madders at Norwich so much. Needs to up his G/A numbers.

Tete - RW - £15m

With so much upheaval, worth taking the option on someone already here. Convinced there's more to come.

Jonathan Bamba - RW/LW - Free

No brainer on a free, would give us 3 threatening wing options.

Viktor Gyökeres- CF - £10m

A real talent, and one who can lead the line for years to come. Supplies both goals and assists.

Total Spent - £100m

Net Spend - £25m

• Like 4

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely we would, I don't disagree but, shouldn't someone else have done something about the situation or addressed certain issues? Rodgers appears to have been given cart blanche to do anything he wants at times. 

Surely due diligence was undertaken prior to employing Congerton, what was it about his previous track record that made him such a desirable employee? Was it just on Rodgers say so? What was it in Rodgers past dealings in the transfer market or squad building that led the club to believe their previous model of buying was seemingly worth abandoning? Why have the club allowed such a long and protracted period of deterioration to occur without taking steps to address the situation?

...total belief in Rodgers!!!

That is why we panicked and gave him that salary. Top only had Rudkin to guide him and we all know, so far as the media is concerned,  Rodgers can do no wrong.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Another concern of mine is we don't actually sign many players. We typically sign 3 or 4 players in a window, max. It's not as if we haven't known about expiring contracts. I'm very uneasy at the prospect of how we'll handle signing 7 or 8 players.

We had a couple of busy windows before.

6 Under Ranieri 16.17- Musa, Mendy, Slimini, Zielier, Kapustka and Hernandez.

6 under Shakespeare 17/18 - Maguire, Silva, Iborra, Jakupovic, Nacho and Diabate. 

7 under Puel 18/19 - Ricardo, Evans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Ward, Ghezzel, and Benkovic 

We could do with a window as least as good as 18/19

I'd say at a minimum we need 7 

GK, CB x 2, CM x 2, RW and a forward who can play RW/LW/CF.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We had a couple of busy windows before.

6 Under Ranieri 16.17- Musa, Mendy, Slimini, Zielier, Kapustka and Hernandez.

6 under Shakespeare 17/18 - Maguire, Silva, Iborra, Jakupovic, Nacho and Diabate. 

7 under Puel 18/19 - Ricardo, Evans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Ward, Ghezzel, and Benkovic 

We could do with a window as least as good as 18/19

I'd say at a minimum we need 7 

GK, CB x 2, CM x 2, RW and a forward who can play RW/LW/CF.

4 years ago with lots of changes since then.

I looked at the numbers during the last window, over the past 5 years we’ve signed players fewer than average. Which is fine if you manage contracts well, integrate youth, but peak (or younger) players, we haven’t 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I can only assume it was one of Rodgers requirements to come here.

If he was willing to leave Celtic on the cusp of winning 9 out of 9 trophies I don't think Congerton coming would have been make or break, hard to say for sure though

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

4 years ago with lots of changes since then.

I looked at the numbers during the last window, over the past 5 years we’ve signed players fewer than average. Which is fine if you manage contracts well, integrate youth, but peak (or younger) players, we haven’t 

Biggest issue is not selling the likes of Soyuncu and Tielemans once they hit 2 years left.

Add Maddison to that.

Would have seen 120m into the coffers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Vards is done mate

signs were there last season 

Last season was probably his best for end product. That was probably his swansong and just a shame he couldn't deliver a couple of monumental goals down the stretch in the Conference League.

This season we honestly might as well have taken his replacement off and not brought him on or taken him off and not put anyone on, it's been that woeful.

I love the bloke though and I'm begging for one final memorable moment / purple patch.

• Like 1