Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The 23/24 squad rebuild

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Right, here's my two pence, which is two pence more than what it's worth.

Presuming we stay up, get rid of Brendan and that all who are currently out of contract at end of season leave:

Out

Ward (Loan)

Castagne (£10m)

Vestegaard (Loan)

Soumare (£5m)

Praet (£5m)

Maddison (£40m)

Iheanacho (£15m)

Hopefully everybody agrees,  pretty Conservative expectations for fees. Total received in £75m

In

Albon Lafont - GK - £25m

Good all round goalkeeper, good age, no brainer.

Maxence Lacroix - CB - £25m

Rapid, 6ft 3, really good on the ball and only 23. Perfect partner for Souttar.

Mees Hilgers - CB - £5m

21 year old from FC Twente, a little raw but certainly talented. Contract is up in summer but they have an option for extra year I imagine they will take to get some money in.

Ellyes Shkiri - DM - Free

Been mentioned on here before, great at recovering the ball, good option if Wilf never sees his best.

Branco Van De Boomen - CM - Free

Great at set pieces and a real ball player. May struggle with the pace of PL but worth a gamble on a free.

Alex Scott - AM - £20m

I love this lad, reminds me of Madders at Norwich so much. Needs to up his G/A numbers.

Tete - RW - £15m

With so much upheaval, worth taking the option on someone already here. Convinced there's more to come.

Jonathan Bamba - RW/LW - Free

No brainer on a free, would give us 3 threatening wing options.

Viktor Gyökeres- CF - £10m

A real talent, and one who can lead the line for years to come. Supplies both goals and assists.

Total Spent - £100m

Net Spend - £25m

I like the cut of your jib, son!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Last season was probably his best for end product. That was probably his swansong and just a shame he couldn't deliver a couple of monumental goals down the stretch in the Conference League.

This season we honestly might as well have taken his replacement off and not brought him on or taken him off and not put anyone on, it's been that woeful.

I love the bloke though and I'm begging for one final memorable moment / purple patch.

If he was paired with a big lad like Ulloa or Steve Howard I think he could chip in with a few. 

in the 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 set-up I just don’t think he can lead the line any more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simon alex said:

I think its impossible but Mourinho it's the right coach for me to build a team anywhere especially in the premiere league.  Brendan Rodgers get 10million a season and Mourinho wages its 15 million , it will be  perfect job for Mourinho and Leicester city.  I just like him as a Boss 

I lumped on him being our next manager during the ECL spell. 

Thought midget lips would be gone by now. 

100% right up Mourinho's street IF he has a warchest to rebuild. His name alone would attract the talent and maybe keep a couple of the current crop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Last season was probably his best for end product. That was probably his swansong and just a shame he couldn't deliver a couple of monumental goals down the stretch in the Conference League.

This season we honestly might as well have taken his replacement off and not brought him on or taken him off and not put anyone on, it's been that woeful.

I love the bloke though and I'm begging for one final memorable moment / purple patch.

Looks disinterested to me. 

Whether that management or his own desire is hard to tell.

Maybe he thrives at being the main man and can't motivate himself to be back up.

He's skill set is know about being a fox in the box and a burst of speed over 5-10 yards

I just think out general play is slow a laboured. How often do you see the likes of Vardy, Daka, Nacho make a run only to see the player in possession turn back and play a safe ball backwards.

I'd hate play CF in this side.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lcfcman2010 said:

I lumped on him being our next manager during the ECL spell. 

Thought midget lips would be gone by now. 

100% right up Mourinho's street IF he has a warchest to rebuild. His name alone would attract the talent and maybe keep a couple of the current crop. 

Have i entered a parallel universe ???

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lcfcman2010 said:

Why not? 

Not as if we haven't gone "really" before with top etc...

cambiasso, Sven, I couldn't believe that brendan came. 

So again, Why not?

Well he’s Roma manager and they’re in Europe most seasons and towards the top of Serie A. Why would he come live in/near Leicester and manage us - we’re a worse side than Roma currently, and where are we getting the money to sack Rodgers, pay him and staff off, buy Mourinho and his staff out of their contracts and then put Mourinho on £100k+ a week? 

Sorry, but if we sack Rodgers we’re looking at the usual names that get banded around when someone around us gets sacked at the moment. Your Gerrard’s, Lampard’s, Hassenhuttl’s, Marsch’s etc. of this world. Definitely not your Jose Mourinho’s. Palace looking at Hodgson at the minute says it all, really. 

There may be some middle ground in the summer if someone becomes available, though. I still think the most likely scenario is that we stay up and Rodgers is here next season. 

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Lcfcman2010 said:

Why not? 

Not as if we haven't gone "really" before with top etc...

cambiasso, Sven, I couldn't believe that brendan came. 

So again, Why not?

you can’t compare rodgers and Jose 

even if you paid him 300k/week, Jose isn’t coming to the KP …. We simply don’t fit his profile of club ..

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

6 Under Ranieri 16.17- Musa, Mendy, Slimini, Zielier, Kapustka and Hernandez.

6 under Shakespeare 17/18 - Maguire, Silva, Iborra, Jakupovic, Nacho and Diabate. 

7 under Puel 18/19 - Ricardo, Evans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Ward, Ghezzel, and Benkovic

:claude:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

you can’t compare rodgers and Jose 

even if you paid him 300k/week, Jose isn’t coming to the KP …. We simply don’t fit his profile of club ..

I haven't compared him to rodgers in any way?! 

simply said why not? 

it was worth a punt at 40/1 anything can happen. 

This is why its better to go down this season. 

Can you imagine buying enough premier league quality players to compete at this level?

I cant. We have blown the chance to rebuild as a premier league team and could be looking at a considerable amount of time in the good old championship.

Edited by Royston.

On 21/03/2023 at 06:03, Royston. said:

This is why its better to go down this season. 

Can you imagine buying enough premier league quality players to compete at this level?

I cant. We have blown the chance to rebuild as a premier league team and could be looking at a considerable amount of time in the good old championship.

I think that a really bad take. 

We don't have to go down in 2014/15 to have an amazing season in 15/16 

• Like 3

It's a real dilemma for me as being in the Championship and regrouping probably suits my profile of player I like to unearth, but we've absolutely no business mucking about down in the Championship again anytime soon, it would be harrowing for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a real dilemma for me as being in the Championship and regrouping probably suits my profile of player I like to unearth, but we've absolutely no business mucking about down in the Championship again anytime soon, it would be harrowing for us.

Tete couldn’t do it on a Tuesday night at Stoke

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

My opinion has changed. If we stay up, I think we’ll need. 

1 x GK

3 x CB

1 x LM / LW

2 x RM / RW

3 x CM

2 x FW

If we go down, we could be looking as many as 15 - 16 new players.