Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The 23/24 squad rebuild

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We should be having deals lined up now for low cost signings. Scandinavian, second division, Balkan and players from other Eastern European leagues would jump at the chance to join us.

And most that we could afford won't make it here. You make it sound so easy. In reality it's not. Recruiting like that will only leave you with a pile of players stuck on long term deals and only the odd one will come off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And most that we could afford won't make it here. You make it sound so easy. In reality it's not. Recruiting like that will only leave you with a pile of players stuck on long term deals and only the odd one will come off. 

Also what we could afford might not get work permits, straightaway. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You make it sound so difficult.

We need squad depth as we have anywhere between 12-18 players leaving this summer and next, we need inexpensive squad fillers.

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

It's the model the likes of Brentford and Brighton are using. We can't do it loads and loads but the conveyor belt of project signings to develop for our side or improve on loan and flip for a profit has been pretty slow for us.

I sense we are more open to this as we enter the era of a massive rebuild, Opoku looks to be a promising start. There's also this Thai winger / striker about to sign.

• Like 1

We should start poking around South America too. Now Russia and Ukraine won’t be possible destinations. There’s one in particular I want us to take a punt on, Marcos Leonardo of Santos, he looks like he could be a similar style of player to Aguero. He’s very flexible too can play off either flank, as a ten or as a nine. 

7 hours ago, Sly said:

My opinion has changed. If we stay up, I think we’ll need. 

1 x GK

3 x CB

1 x LM / LW

2 x RM / RW

3 x CM

2 x FW

If we go down, we could be looking as many as 15 - 16 new players. 

I can't see 2 forwards coming in unless Iheanacho and Daka both leave. Surely Vardy sees out the rest of his contract and we won't have more than 3 strikers if we play one up top, next season. Daka sold maybe and Gyokeres comes in. :dunno: I still think Daka may come good, though. 

The rest is about right. 

Regardless of who we sign, I really want us to prioritise Alex Scott this summer, so that we have someone who can grow into replacing Maddison and Tielemans. 

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

I can't see 2 forwards coming in unless Iheanacho and Daka both leave. Surely Vardy sees out the rest of his contract and we won't have more than 3 strikers if we play one up top, next season. Daka sold maybe and Gyokeres comes in. :dunno: I still think Daka may come good, though. 

The rest is about right. 

Regardless of who we sign, I really want us to prioritise Alex Scott this summer, so that we have someone who can grow into replacing Maddison and Tielemans. 

If we stay up, I’d like to see us go for Scott, Gyokeres and also Hamer from Cov. 

There’s also Joao Pedro and Sarr at Watford who are not coming up!

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

If we stay up, I’d like to see us go for Scott, Gyokeres and also Hamer from Cov. 

There’s also Joao Pedro and Sarr at Watford who are not coming up!

Gyokeres and Hamer I'd be open to, depending on if we keep Daka or not for the former. Pedro is going to Brighton, and Watford fans mainly say Sarr is lazy and hasn't done enough this season. Seems to turn it on and off when it suits him. 

Diallo on loan from Manchester United might not be a bad signing. Although, someone will have to introduce him to Alex Scott if we sign both lol 

Edited by Pete52

Topics like this make me realise how we have gone from one of the best run clubs in the Premier League, to probably the worst. No matter what happens, this squad will be stripped apart in the summer through expiring of contracts and inevitable sales like Maddison. Not only have we been sleepwalking into a serious relegation battle, but also towards losing half of our squad in one summer.

Unimaginable after we won the Premier League itself in 2016, reaching the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League the following season, and winning the FA Cup. There have been many falls from grace, but ours will be right up there if we get relegated.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Topics like this make me realise how we have gone from one of the best run clubs in the Premier League, to probably the worst. No matter what happens, this squad will be stripped apart in the summer through expiring of contracts and inevitable sales like Maddison. Not only have we been sleepwalking into a serious relegation battle, but also towards losing half of our squad in one summer.

Unimaginable after we won the Premier League itself in 2016, reaching the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League the following season, and winning the FA Cup. There have been many falls from grace, but ours will be right up there if we get relegated.

For all that, todays visitors are in a far worse position. 750m spent, new ground half built, owners staying away from games, never relegated in 70 years and numerous cups and titles in the bag. Leeds and especially Chelsea are also vying for the "worst run" award.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

We were only one of the best run clubs because of Nigel Pearson, as time has grown between his exit and the present, things would eventually get worse. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2023 at 12:03, Pete52 said:

The rest is about right. 

Scott will be going to the Premier League not another Championship side.

Nigel Pearson, a couple of random Ligue 2 players nobody has heard of who end up being geniuses, few Manchester United youth castoffs who prove to be better than their senior team players, one or two seemingly bang average late twenties Championship defenders who’ve been around forever, lower league player for more than you’d think they’d cost, and some 34 year old on the verge of retiring who’s interested in coaching. We’re back.