Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Older supporters

Judging by some of the comments on here, many of the current posters will not be following City once they reach 40 as they seem to object to any older supporters. They seem to be far too concerned about what fans of other clubs think about our fans, whether it’s how old they look or how loud they shout. Palace fans are always held in high esteem by commentators because they sing a lot, but my abiding memory of the FA Cup Final between Man Utd and Palace, was the rows of black jacketed Palace fans behind the goal with NO colours. No identity, they could have been anyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mary Chester said:

Judging by some of the comments on here, many of the current posters will not be following City once they reach 40 as they seem to object to any older supporters. They seem to be far too concerned about what fans of other clubs think about our fans, whether it’s how old they look or how loud they shout. Palace fans are always held in high esteem by commentators because they sing a lot, but my abiding memory of the FA Cup Final between Man Utd and Palace, was the rows of black jacketed Palace fans behind the goal with NO colours. No identity, they could have been anyone.

I read this and didn’t even get offered a Wethers Original at the end.

• Haha 4

I am no spring chicken.  But the over 80s that sit behind me are all Rodgers-out - but thery wont chant for it.  In fact they see supporting city as a pendulum - and I suspect they are expecting relegation so that we can come again in a few years.  While I accept that this  is their long term view that does make it right to put up wish Rodgers shite - I say this and they nod .......  and then go back to wondering what it will be like in the championship.

1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Spends half his post claiming old fans are victims of unfair criticism then spends the latter half criticising younger fans unfairly. 😂

You can't have your cake and eat it grumps!

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

As an older supporter I believe the general lack of noise is because we're missing a large proportion of c16-c30 year olds as they are generally the ones most likely to do the singing, certainly based on my personal and observational experiences. This age group tends to include more people who can't go to every game, can't afford the the match day prices and like to go with mates, trying to find any seats together is a no no.

There's plenty of ways to support the team but the most effective way is total stadium noise which we only seem to get these days when the ref is a willy puller.

well it’s not going to be all the sideways passes and one or two shots per game is it?

• Like 3