Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Older supporters

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Spends half his post claiming old fans are victims of unfair criticism then spends the latter half criticising younger fans unfairly. 😂

You can't have your cake and eat it grumps!

You reach a certain age in life and you can at least expect it. 

It's usually a few years before you suddenly feel that swearing and saying inappropriate things loudly in public or at family gatherings is acceptable. 

Its not long after that you feel that farting loud and smelly in groups is OK because you can't be arsed to hold it in anymore, just look blank when everyone turns in your direction. 

These are critical stages of the male adult and seen as landmarks by some to look forward to.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Jim from the club shop is set to introduce x factor style auditions to any season ticket holders who reach 50.

Supporters will be expected to sing a rendition of When You're Smiling. Anyone who doesn't sing at the required decibels, or decides to sing the Frank Sinatra version instead of the classic Jersey Budd version will be required to give up their Season Ticket to a younger fan.

Best wishes,

Jim

Edited by Gamble92
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

As an older supporter I believe the general lack of noise is because we're missing a large proportion of c16-c30 year olds as they are generally the ones most likely to do the singing, certainly based on my personal and observational experiences. This age group tends to include more people who can't go to every game, can't afford the the match day prices and like to go with mates, trying to find any seats together is a no no.

There's plenty of ways to support the team but the most effective way is total stadium noise which we only seem to get these days when the ref is a willy puller.

Totally agree. But other clubs have that problem too but don't have the variety sunshine bus supporters that we do. 

In the old days, if you couldn't be arsed to sing, you wouldn't go in pen3. I was never a singer, so used to go in the members terrace. Noisy area but wouldn't sing. Just shout. 

Fast forward to nowadays. If you're in the kop but CBA to sing, you should be lined up and shot. Or go in the west stand, or east stand. But to bed block the kop is criminal 

Wages:  85% of revenues

Wages going to players who are ready for the glue factory:  50%

Wages going to supporters who are ready for the glue factory:  zero

clearly it's those supporters we need to moan about  :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree. But other clubs have that problem too but don't have the variety sunshine bus supporters that we do. 

In the old days, if you couldn't be arsed to sing, you wouldn't go in pen3. I was never a singer, so used to go in the members terrace. Noisy area but wouldn't sing. Just shout. 

Fast forward to nowadays. If you're in the kop but CBA to sing, you should be lined up and shot. Or go in the west stand, or east stand. But to bed block the kop is criminal 

Unfortunately the kop is 50/50 from the old kop / double decker because that's where they were told to move to.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

classic Jersey Budd version

I think you've misunderstood what Classic means

Classic - judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

• Like 1

My brother in law who is 64 and me 69 always join in with the singing. We sit in the kop end corner near the West stand. The atmosphere was much more hostile and raucous at Filbert Street (title winning year and some evening Champions League matches excepted). I think the supporter age profile was younger then and, arguably, more working class.

• Like 4

Not sure why age is a factor for any group. The biggest thing is to participate at whatever level you desire. Passion rises at all ages in different ways. I know of many younger fans who sit around me and cannot be bothered to say or do much. Remember many a good tune played on an old fiddle.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You remember when Freddo frogs were 10p.

Seriously I don't even know Freddo frogs....I assume they are a type of confectionary. Not around when I was a kid. We had black Jack's and gobstoppers...and various other teeth destroyers.

13 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Seriously I don't even know Freddo frogs....I assume they are a type of confectionary. Not around when I was a kid. We had black Jack's and gobstoppers...and various other teeth destroyers.

Hmmm...whatever happened to Spangles?

Edited by norwichfox
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Here you go, just so you havent completely missed out.  Just imagine how good they could have been, if they were playing on the carpets that the modern day footballer plays on.  Just as a side note, Wellers goal in this game was not only voted itvs goal of the season, but went on to be voted for as itvs goal of the decade too.  In fact the following season, Weller went on to score an exceptional own goal against Luton too.

I remember buying the 125th anniversary DVD and being really underwhelmed by how much of a nearly club we were. It was borderline mocking our history. 

It's about winning things. 

12 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Kop should be concession tickets only. People who want to sing should be in a kop. Our “Kop” is full of OAP’s

I don't think this would give you the outcome you're envisaging. People just wanting a ticket would buy them up, tourist fans, away fans buying in the home end etc removing season tickets won't give you a stand full of singers

• Like 2